Released list

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RayleighDagger1986

How soon after the final game will we know the retained / released list of the playing squad.
Whose on contract until 2017? Gutteridge and Labadie spring to mind, who else?
DaggerJoel11

I think Still signed Pennell to replace the defenders who are definitely leaving. Of the current squad, I'd only keep about four or five anyway. Cheltenham started from near-scratch at the beginning of the season and have romped to the title, so if we regroup and have a fresh start then we can hopefully follow suit.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
NBDag

Hopefully we could have a good idea by the end of July latest. In regards to who is out of contract- it seems that Labadie's is up this year, in his post match interview he was asked about resigning and he claims nothing has been mentioned yet for whatever reason.

Cureton's is also up and he has openly said on Twitter he doesn't expect to be kept on, even though he feels he has the legs for it.

Believe O'Brien is up too. I asked him upfront on Twitter about staying next year and he side-stepped it. Not sure whether to make anything of that or not.

Knowing our club we'll only find out when players are leaving from a short paragraph at the bottom of a post on the website about shirts being on sale...
Richie

Boucard, Pennell, Hawkins & Guttridge are all contracted next season. Not sure about anyone else.
Alan

Boucaud 2 year deal. Pffffffffffttt.
ARNU

Boucard will be one of the more skilful players in that league I wouldn't be so quick to condemn him. He's had 10 other numpties around him all season. We were still shit when he didn't play. He might well excel in the conf.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mark

He's a five a side player. He only passes sideways. I'd try to move him on.
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:Boucard will be one of the more skilful players in that league I wouldn't be so quick to condemn him. He's had 10 other numpties around him all season. We were still shit when he didn't play. He might well excel in the conf.
Boucaud is a very skilful player, just that his game doesn't really suit the level he's playing at. It will be as physical in the Conference as in League Two and lots of short passing to players under pressure will be as disasterous as they have been this season. We need grafters.
Mark

I do enjoy watching him play football but ultimately he won't be successful with us. The players he gives the ball to aren't comfortable on it because they're some of the worst pro footballers in the country. And defensively he isn't mobile enough to play in a 442.
mickeyblue

enjoy watching boucard pass 5 yards to a center half or lumping after getting himself in trouble?

or backing out of challenges?

1 game ive seen him win a header and that was after a rollicking from still.

if he still in our midfield next season we be mid table at best.

he is not in top 50 daggers ive enjoyed watching
but we finished 9th!
shoreyda2nd

Am sure I read somewhere that Widdowson has another year on his contract :cry:
Lcbdagger

Widdowson, Boucard and McClure are the only players signed for next season that haven't bright in during the year like Guttridge and Pennell. Neither keeper here so Nat be like a couple of years ago where we start pre season with two new guys in between the sticks.

If they stayed fit, Boucard and Guttridge is decent in the middle and McClure will score... IF Any of them stay fit!!
bearaab

How does anyone rate Boucard?
NBDag

Keeping onto at least one of our keepers is a must. Only part of our squad that doesn't need addressing.
shoreyda2nd

NBDag wrote:Keeping onto at least one of our keepers is a must. Only part of our squad that doesn't need addressing.
In a league full of big strikers and poor pitches I think O'Brien needs to stay. Cousins' refusal to come and claim crosses a few yards from goal will cost us many goals in the conference/national league (only my opinion of course), and his kicking is far worse too, though this is less of an issue.