Predictions for next season

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

I would like to be the first to say I expect us to win every game 6-0 and be back in the football league by this time next year.

Yes, I have been on the gin.
Paul from Barking

I reckon between 8th & 12th
Chigwellian

I will agree with Paul on this one
ARNU

Based on what ? How can anyone do anything other than randomly pick a number between 1 and 24 ? We don't know who will be playing for us. I guess there will be a massive clear out as this lot can't compete in lg 2. I just hope we compete somewhere top half.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Paul from Barking

ARNU wrote:Based on what ? How can anyone do anything other than randomly pick a number between 1 and 24 ? We don't know who will be playing for us. I guess there will be a massive clear out as this lot can't compete in lg 2. I just hope we compete somewhere top half.
In case you hadn't noticed, Arnu, our name will be missing from League 2's roll-call next season
ARNU

You lost me ???
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
durnzo

I know less than nothing about the vanarama, so who knows. We need a squad willing to play a type of football, any type of football to have a chance. I still don't know what this team Is trying to do. Whether you like still or not, let him get a team capable of playing a style of football and support them and see what happens. You never know it might actually work!
NBDag

John Still has mentioned in his post match that he aims to take us up again (or that's what I took from it, at least). So that's what I am predicting for next season. I don't expect Still to say something like that if it's off the cards.
stanton101

Mid-table at best.
Chigwellian

If JS remit is similar to WB for this season, then 5th from bottom will be a success in Thommo's eyes
Mike the Dagger

Been a while since I saw Conference football regularly so I'm unsure what the standard is now, but we have a manager who knows the division much more recently and will have a little bit of money to spend given the parachute payments.

The main goal for next season will be to stop the slide though, "consolidate" in the words of Mr G Hill of this parish c.2000. Last time we did that in the Conference we finished 3rd!

I would see us somewhere round mid table though, it would take a miracle to build a team to do more than that in the time available to do so.
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote:Been a while since I saw Conference football regularly so I'm unsure what the standard is now, but we have a manager who knows the division much more recently and will have a little bit of money to spend given the parachute payments.

The main goal for next season will be to stop the slide though, "consolidate" in the words of Mr G Hill of this parish c.2000. Last time we did that in the Conference we finished 3rd!

I would see us somewhere round mid table though, it would take a miracle to build a team to do more than that in the time available to do so.
It's dire in the conference having witnessed quite a few games this season. if we finish below 10th it would be a complete failure. Look at the strikers at that level Rheed and Parkin.

Club needs to change its attitude we will be a scalp for a lot of teams next season.
Paul from Barking

Diggerthedog wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:Been a while since I saw Conference football regularly so I'm unsure what the standard is now, but we have a manager who knows the division much more recently and will have a little bit of money to spend given the parachute payments.

It's dire in the conference having witnessed quite a few games this season. if we finish below 10th it would be a complete failure. Look at the strikers at that level Rheed and Parkin.

Club needs to change its attitude we will be a scalp for a lot of teams next season.
it will be a completely different team
PaulHornchurch

Certainly isn't going to be easy. Firstly with exception of a couple of clubs all are full time, so fitness isn't a issue. Even Sutton Utd train three mornings a week and won promotion to National for next season.

On wages many of the teams blow Dag & Red out of the water. There are clubs in Nat Lge Sth paying £1-£2k a week.

I doubt many of the current first team squad will remain, so it's a total rebuild. To be fair Cheltenham did it and won the league, GJ put together a very good squad of 20 players, but they had a good budget backed up by decent crowds.

The one thing Cheltenham did was have their squad sorted by 1/July, and if we are to be successful then JS needs to do the same.
Lcbdagger

Cheltenham had a good squad but relied on goals from one or two players who set the league alight... i'd be surprised if many teams go up with a top scorer with ten but goals spread out through the team.

In reality we need to find a genuine scorer (doesn't sound like JC will stay on). While we don't have the think those in non league would come to us because of the manager and his history with bringing players through to bigger moves in the football league.

Fighting for the playoffs in the top eight or so come April shouldn't be out of the question even with a 90% new squad.