Oh dear

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
mickeyblue

he took us to league2 and 1 ;)
your 9th stands so does that
but we finished 9th!
Alan

Better in that he's picked up more points per game (simple really).

Burnett recruited a squad that are not good enough. Still has inherited that squad. He's been able to tinker with a few free loans and a couple of signings, but he's stuck with the bulk having been spent on contracts for players most of whom we don't rate.
ARNU

Alan wrote:Better in that he's picked up more points per game (simple really).

Burnett recruited a squad that are not good enough. Still has inherited that squad. He's been able to tinker with a few free loans and a couple of signings, but he's stuck with the bulk having been spent on contracts for players most of whom we don't rate.

That's a snapshot isn't it.Lets have a look at the end of the season.10 more defeats will ****** your theory right up.Are you still crediting Stilly with the Stevenage win with Waynes men by the way ? I was there they bossed it from start to finish.

Never gonna get thru to you am I ? Your theory is based on on this: We win with Waynes men= Still is the messiah.We lose with Still and Waynes men= Waynes fault.

Could it be just that we aren't good enough whoever manages us ? I guess you just blame wayne,makes you feel good having a figure of hate.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
bloke down the pub

Has W.B. got a job yet......Asda's are looking for part times.
matt_drfc

bloke down the pub wrote:Has W.B. got a job yet......Asda's are looking for part times.
Yeah, he got recruited as a scout for Portsmouth soon after leaving us.
ARNU

Good luck to him,even with the best part of a 100k sitting in his bank account he still has a hard work ethic rather than sitting on his backside faffing around on an Internet forum .
Alan

ARNU wrote:
Alan wrote:Better in that he's picked up more points per game (simple really).

That's a snapshot isn't it.Lets have a look at the end of the season.10 more defeats will ****** your theory right up.Are you still crediting Stilly with the Stevenage win with Waynes men by the way ? I was there they bossed it from start to finish.

Never gonna get thru to you am I ? Your theory is based on on this: We win with Waynes men= Still is the messiah.We lose with Still and Waynes men= Waynes fault.
Could it be just that we aren't good enough whoever manages us ? I guess you just blame wayne,makes you feel good having a figure of hate.
Why would I not count Stevenage? We have been over this before, haven't we?

It's simple really, so if you concentrate very hard you might possibly get this, although I have my doubts because your previous attempts to understand maths suggest you might need all your concentration to remember to breathe. But here goes:

Wayne had a budget and he bought mostly players who lack either the ability or the guts for this league. His results were crap.

Still inherited the squad Described above. He changed the tactics and some personnel. He signed some new players on loans at no cost and a couple on contracts. But the bulk of what he has to work with are Wayne's players. He's doing better than Wayne because he's getting more points per game despite working with what he inherrited.

I've told you before that I thought the job should have been advertised and we should have selected the best candidate from those who applied. That might or might not have been Still; however the same people who gave Wayne his 2 year deal gave Still the job without considering anyone else. My recollection is that you thought that Still coming back was a good thing, so did I. It's not been as good as I had hoped though.
ARNU

You seem to be agreeing with me. You were not slating Burnett when we were finishing ninth with Rhys Murphy and Zavon Hines. Some of the current squad are as you say just not good enough however what was he supposed to buy with peanuts? Look what still has bought in, go on who's the star player there then? Like I said still has exactly the same problems that Burnett had. And you know it.
Adrian

ARNU wrote:
Alan wrote:
ARNU wrote:All Wayne Burnetts fault. No way is this John stills fault . He won a game at home don't you know. We got him next year as well Woop Woop Woop Woop!
13 points from 22 games, boucaud as captain, no home wins. That's what Wayne left behind. Still has not done brilliantly, but he's done better and I'd rather see him rebuild in the conference than carry on as we were under Burnett.
Stills done better How ?

Anyway my point all along is that WB or whoever manages daggers has a difficult job.Trouble is all the shit people want to blame on Burnett is happening to John still too.Neither manager is useless but you've all backed yourself into a corner solely blaming Wayne.Alex Ferguson,Mourinho and Pep Guadiolla would all finish 24th here.

Still or Burnett would probably storm the league below or the one below that,the club by virtue of its poverty would make any manager look shite.That is whats happening here.And that's why you should cut WB some slack.Unless of course we are on route to finish 9th and ******** dull as arseholes hoofball lights your fire.
League Wins:
Burnett 2 Still 3
Home League Wins
Burnett 0 - Still 1
League Clean Sheets
Burnett 2 Still 3

And yes, that includes the Stevenage game where every one in the world knows that Still did everything the manager would except sit on the bench.
Burnett is to blame because Still has inherited the shit squad that he built - in the same way many have said that Burnetts initial spell was rubbish because he inherited Stills players. I'm fairly certain you were one of those that defended Burnett then, so why is it now so different?
The poverty stuff is bull. The club is in no different a position to when it was promoted from League 2. Then the manager found hungry young players desperate to prove themselves. This time we have a squad built up of journeymen that are beyond proving anything.
Adrian

matt_drfc wrote:
bloke down the pub wrote:Has W.B. got a job yet......Asda's are looking for part times.
Sounds like a good move for Portsmouth:
Paul Cook: Wayne do you think we should sign this player?
Wayne: Yes.
Paul Cook: Thanks #crosses players name off list and looks elsewhere#
Alan

ARNU wrote:You seem to be agreeing with me. You were not slating Burnett when we were finishing ninth with Rhys Murphy and Zavon Hines. Some of the current squad are as you say just not good enough however what was he supposed to buy with peanuts? Look what still has bought in, go on who's the star player there then? Like I said still has exactly the same problems that Burnett had. And you know it.
Has everyone crossed out 9th place on their Arnu Bingo card now?

Were you slagging still off when he won the conference or got us into league 1? No.
leewilson

Nothing epitomises the Burnett reign more than his choice of captain this season. Mr Andre Boucaud. A master of the 5 yard pass. A master of overcomplicating the simple. Tidy yet ineffectual. No bark, bite or inspiration whatsoever. A journeyman with little hunger or realistic aspiration to gain anything other than a comfortable living with us.

Then you look back at the captains Still had over the years. Uddin, Arber, Ogogo. All leaders. All fighters. And most importantly, all Daggers.
Lcbdagger

matt_drfc wrote:
Presumably Portsmouth are looking to build their squad around decent Premier League players from Football Manager 2002 like us??
ARNU

You cant have it both ways.If Still has the victory at Stevenage then he did it with Waynes choices of player.Therefore making Waynes choices ok.The fact that Still has now gone all hoofy(which there wasn't much of at Stevenage) must tell you something.The players were the best wayne could get.Still has bought in some new faces,we're 9 points adrift.Hmmmm ! Wayne never did that ever.In fact even Still at his most disinterested while looking to go to Luton didn't do that.
ARNU

Alan wrote:
ARNU wrote:You seem to be agreeing with me. You were not slating Burnett when we were finishing ninth with Rhys Murphy and Zavon Hines. Some of the current squad are as you say just not good enough however what was he supposed to buy with peanuts? Look what still has bought in, go on who's the star player there then? Like I said still has exactly the same problems that Burnett had. And you know it.
Has everyone crossed out 9th place on their Arnu Bingo card now?

Were you slagging still off when he won the conference or got us into league 1? No.
Nope,but your allowing him to sit 9 points adrift and just blame it on Wayne(something Still isn't saying privately or publicly by the way)is ridiculous.You actually think its ok to have a mmanger with no responsibility because the previous guy struggled.Come and run one of my companies,i could do with going bankrupt.