York City Match - All Together

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Right everyone this really is last chance saloon, lose this and we are all but down. From the first to the last lets get behind the team and we can say we have done our bit.

Think we will win this 1-0 with Doidge scoring.

COYD
admin
Site Admin

Good post. This was one of the things separating us and Yeovil. Someone else posted it and it really struck a cord with me. Yeovil went nuts fan wise and you could hear a pin drop in our end. I respect that you can make more noise in TBS and away fans generally make more noise but I still think it had an impact. All we have is a few kids jumping around, fair play to them for trying but it's hardly going to roar our team onto victory. The other supporters need to do more to help them.
Leopardman

It has been a long time since a large part of the home crowd got behind the team. At least now you have a group of 20/30 singing and trying to show support. Better than the extremely silent majority who only find their voice to moan.
admin
Site Admin

There's some truth to post above as well. When we played Bristol Rovers (Burnett's last game) the whole ground was chanting "Burnett Out". Although I was one of his biggest critics I actually didn't chant, instead I left the ground 10 mins before the end of the match. So my question is, if we can get 3 sides of the ground chant that, why can't they chant to get the team going as well. Why is it just a handful of kids trying there hardest chanting?
Dagdale

I've often wondered that ? do we at home make the team more on edge and thus drop down a gear in performance. Can exactly see how fans feel though, me included, its been ever so frustrating far too long and its become no attractive venture to watch a game there, pending stuff that doesn't come to often like your Plymouth's. Is quite revealing that two of our best displays this season have been Exeter City and Notts County away when our numbers have dwindled. Big positive to really give it more vocals and love to experience it again but only they can make us feel more at ease with an all round great showing, I think that amazing comeback versus Scunny was the last time I saw the ground alive and in raptures.
Anthog

You lot can make a noise. I saw it when you came to our gaff at Goodson. Do it again and cheer them on.
Diggerthedog

Anthog wrote:You lot can make a noise. I saw it when you came to our gaff at Goodson. Do it again and cheer them on.
Problem being at Everton there was more of us and altogether. At home games we are fewer and spread out more.
durnzo

It's pretty simple really, If you want to sing stand as near to the noisy kids as you can (ignore the fat, boring ***** who stands in front of Julies and moans and takes the piss out of those trying to sing) and when you hear a song sing a long. It really is that simple.
RampantDuke

Agree with a lot of this but if you want an example of how a bit of energy, enthusiasm and hard tackling by the team can inspire the crowd to get lively then look no further than the 2nd half of the Wycombe game a few weeks back. Fans need to be inspired (unless they are Geordies who happily support drivel come rain or shine!)
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Anthog

I will be at the Everton game, but I will give Daggers a shout.
Paul from Barking

I have afeeling in my water we'll win today 3-1