So Next Season.............

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DI Mike Dashwood

What will you miss about the Football League, and what will be good about being back in the Conference:

MISS:
Seeing goals on the box on a Saturday night and Sunday morning
Coverage in the National Papers
Being part of the Elite "92"
Going to "proper" grounds for most away games
The JPT
The Capital One Cup (we never managed a win)!!!
Automatic entry to FA Cup 1st Round

LOOKING FORWARD TO:
The FA Trophy
Tranmere Away
Local derbies on Bank Holidays
Potential for swapping ends at half time at away games
Not having to watch our awful defending on the box on Saturday night and Sunday morning
Winning a few games
Seeing what Guisley is actually like

Feel free to add. Serious or less serious suggestions all welcome. And don't argue chaps!!!
admin
Site Admin

A couple of things. I'd like to be the best we can be and being relegated is not the way to do it. Also the conference is a hard league to get out, with a lot of big clubs struggling down there (Luton was a classic example of this). I'll hate going down but will still be there next season
TommyD&R

Decent coverage on BT sports with the highlights and live games. Think we have to wait an extra year to swap ends at half time, they only do that from conference South downwards
DI Mike Dashwood

So no swapping ends at Gravesend or Braintree these days?? Shocking stuff, scrub that one off then!!! The open terrace at Gravesend will be fun if its raining!!!
bearaab

The possibility of winning at home.
SteveW

It'll be good to be "home" looking foreard to the FGR love-in.
leewilson

Say goodbye to one or two tag alongs.
mickeyblue

yep add that 'the west ham in july mob going'

plus our budget wont be one of the smallest
but we finished 9th!
ARNU

leewilson wrote:Say goodbye to one or two tag alongs.
Do you really think any of them have stayed after the last 4 seasons ?

Am I a tag along ? LOL!!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
hockley dagger

Harry ramsdons in guisley is a good chipy ;-)

Also when i went to braintree vs boreham wood a couple of weeks ago u could swap ends at ht
Dagdale

As I starting going in 07 never seen daggers in non-league so in a macabre kind of way (Although I'd much prefer they can still switch it around) a new experience and with it comes new challenges. Like quite a few I know at daggers love visiting grounds never before ticked-off, not just about the football stadium but the surrounding town/city and stumbling across a couple of good boozers, chatting away to friendly locals etc, the odd night over and a meet up with dags away in not so familiar circumstances, can it be that bad? As I've had the feel of a few non league pre season friendly venues should imagine food and drinks ground side a bit cheaper and maybe stumbling on the odd thing here and there that would have us talking a lot on the train or bus home. Its gotta be cheaper surely on admission too and I suppose going into club shop and buying tickets in advance for forthcoming games will be more of a thing of the past, if he's still there may not see much of Charlie & Co next term. Unless we storm that League early on should imagine the atmosphere will dip but hey its been pretty dire for a long time at this level we may not notice too much difference. Here where we sit at present never get home in time to watch us again on BBC 1 or Channel 5 or any other football Saturday evenings so that aspect is no change, maybe who knows, next term if a sudden twist of fete perhaps a station will return to more non league games like BT sport did a season or two back, mainly Friday nights. Actually it would be well strange waltzing out of ground looking up at club tv's and nothing on us or our fellow League two sides next term unless we spot a small underline projection. I suppose although were be in more of a hibernation environment most of us will still have the craic somewhere along the line!
The Romford Dagger

We know I'm not a regular like last season but I know my brother and one of his mates he goes daggers with are in the waiting list for those 99 quid west ham tickets so that's two (probably 3) less already.

In short, attendances will deplete.
Diggerthedog

There is a discussion about the Vanarama on the other non daggers threads in the other part of this forum. Attendances are of about 2000 average will drop to at least 1400 next season.
DI Mike Dashwood

Nice post Dagdale, a very positive spin on things, like it.

I am also looking forward to a few new grounds. I had done most of the Conference before we came up, but have now done most of League Two (apart from Pompey and Mansfield) so suits me us going down (joke, joke, I know it is the worst thing in the World really). I reckon I have about 10 grounds in the Conf still to do so am looking forward to visiting them. This includes FGR as not been to the new one, so as Wally said on the other thread, bring on the FGR love in again!!!

So it appears we can still change ends at HT at some grounds, although as we will be ex League giants, the Plod may not allow this at many places??

And whats the score with BT Sport then?? I don't have it, so don't know what coverage they give the Conference??
BarkingRambo

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Nice post Dagdale, a very positive spin on things, like it.

I am also looking forward to a few new grounds. I had done most of the Conference before we came up, but have now done most of League Two (apart from Pompey and Mansfield) so suits me us going down (joke, joke, I know it is the worst thing in the World really). I reckon I have about 10 grounds in the Conf still to do so am looking forward to visiting them. This includes FGR as not been to the new one, so as Wally said on the other thread, bring on the FGR love in again!!!

So it appears we can still change ends at HT at some grounds, although as we will be ex League giants, the Plod may not allow this at many places??

And whats the score with BT Sport then?? I don't have it, so don't know what coverage they give the Conference??

If FGR don't get promoted now it seems they will most likely go out of business with debt of this size.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34976354

BT sport show weekly Conference matches, there is a full game usually once a week and I believe a highlights show at weekends. Also through BT sport website you can see highlights from all the games so TV coverage is as good as it is at the moment if not better.