They've closed the book

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Adrian

Stewy.b wrote:Biggest game of our season, no fight,no passion,no heart!
What utter rubbish.
There was no lack of fight and passion.
What's lacking is ability.
Diggerthedog

Adrian wrote:
What utter rubbish.
Agree with Adrian here there was fight but some of them are really not up to being professional footballers.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Adrian wrote:
What utter rubbish.
Fully agree with this. Really don't think you can fault their effort - they just aren't good enough
DI Mike Dashwood

I think it's easy to say there is no fight and passion. I am not sure that is the problem, it is fact people aren't good enough, and the reasons for that are numerous, and are debated elsewhere!!!

I took my little girl to her first game today, so she could see us play in the League. All that means nothing to her at moment obviously, but despite the result and performance she enjoyed the day. She liked the singing and atmosphere the Yeovil fans created as well.

We are obviously now down, but the World will still be spinning in the morning, and most of us will still be back next season!!!
stanton101

Adrian wrote:
stanton101 wrote:
Adrian wrote:After the first ten minutes we were the better team for the whole first half.
Then we give away a soft goal and that's it.

Not sure why Hyam gets singled out.although I imagine the reason he plays is because we don't have an abundance of centre halves not playing.

I'd question why Labadie plays. Today he fluffed a great gave to put a ball across the face of goal because he's too concerned with trying to get fouled.
Their goal came from him giving away stupid free kick.
If he spent half he effort he puts into diving or stupid fouls into playing football he'd be playing at a higher level.
Do you think it's ok for JS to bollock them now, or are the little darlings to fragile? If I were him I'd keep my head down, because he matches the team. SHIT.
What? I knew you'd failed.to understand what I've said before, but didn't realise you'd failed this badly.
I said before that he would be bollocking them where it was needed and that he'd be doing it in private.
And this coming from a bloke who thinks Labadie, our best midfielder, shouldn't play! He can't give anyone a bollocking public or otherwise because it would reveal his own shortcomings as a manager. It's called keeping everyone sweet and yourself in a job,which miraculously he will do, due to the boards reluctance to look outside the box. As for the much maligned Hyam it's best to play him instead of clevid only fair because he did sign him much the same as Hawkins getting the nod over Doidge I suppose. Keep it sweet Jonny boy, deflect the blame, it pulls the wool over the fans eyes, well some of us anyway.
Pondfield Dagger

Wasnt at the game today, I See the attendance was 2942, not bad that......how many Away supporters? Our website doesnt mention it on Match report.
admin
Site Admin

Overall 600 away fans, and I've got to say, brilliant supporters noisy throughout
Corinthian

A toothless gutless and ugly performance ! Out worked , out thought and out played by a very poor team. Only the goal keeper, Labadie and Worrel worth their salt . No creative running and passing; no working off the ball in attack , lots of ineffective scampering in midfield, ball watching in midfield and defence, and strikers who lack composure. Do this lot train? Are they coached? Are they professional footballers? Nearly 60 years I have been watching Dagenham and I can't remember seeing a side so lacking in courage and tenacity. Poor as Yeovil were they played for their fans and with pride. Good for them they deserve to stay up. We don't.

I'll keep supporting the Daggers cos that what supporters do and I don't know the politics of what has been happening behind the scenes at the club but something is clearly wrong. We have not won at home for nearly a year ! This is disgraceful. I paid £230 for a season ticket to watch a shambles week in week out.

To pour salt on the wound today I was threatened with being evicted from the TBS stand by stewards because I was sitting in an unallocated seat . I asked why I had to move and I was told it was not because of H&S, not because I was in someone's seat ( I wasn't) and not because I was standing (I wasn' t even though the Yeovil fans were - I have no problem with that either). What is going on with this club? The stewards even untied the big Yeovil flag! Why?!! Ffs !! It's bad enough watching our team go down without being harassed by stewards who can't apply an iota of common sense. What a day! Up,the Daggers!
Dagdale

I can't understand that interview by Stilly with RadioStu, preaching no feeder player like a Luke Gutteridge, completely admit that's where a major problem lies, no service to striker/s etc, but ffs how can it be used as an excuse so precisely late on when were so desperate, what does a squad consist of built up before and early season! Also I too question fitness levels of our side, very first game of the season away at Pompey numerous Pompey fans talking with me pre match said Cookie the new guy in charge had them running beach side with quite heavy rucksacks and upping the tempo well before a ball was kicked. Getting them in good shape, certainly improved their season from previous two in this League. I did miss yesterday but have done about 90% games this season home and away and believe I've seen enough to state that I really felt we had it in us to get out of this mess, its well annoying.
Adrian

stanton101 wrote:
Adrian wrote:
stanton101 wrote: Do you think it's ok for JS to bollock them now, or are the little darlings to fragile? If I were him I'd keep my head down, because he matches the team. SHIT.
What? I knew you'd failed.to understand what I've said before, but didn't realise you'd failed this badly.
I said before that he would be bollocking them where it was needed and that he'd be doing it in private.
And this coming from a bloke who thinks Labadie, our best midfielder, shouldn't play! He can't give anyone a bollocking public or otherwise because it would reveal his own shortcomings as a manager. It's called keeping everyone sweet and yourself in a job,which miraculously he will do, due to the boards reluctance to look outside the box. As for the much maligned Hyam it's best to play him instead of clevid only fair because he did sign him much the same as Hawkins getting the nod over Doidge I suppose. Keep it sweet Jonny boy, deflect the blame, it pulls the wool over the fans eyes, well some of us anyway.
Yes, I think Labadie shouldn't play when he's putting more effort into falling over or giving away stupid fouls than he is actually playing football. If he used that effort to play football I'd be quite happy to see him play.

You really are a bit special aren't you? You've been caught out trying to make a stupid point and so turn it into a ridiculous rant against Still.
stanton101

Shhhhhhhhh calm down, you'll have a turn, it's a different view, that's all it is. But just out of curiosity, who would you play on Tuesday instead of Labadie?
daggersjeff

Thought yesterdays game looked an end of season run out with both teams having nothing to play for. Seen more passion in a limp lettuce!
Biggest cheer coming when Judas took his hat off!! Was waiting for him to eat it!! We're a goal down with nothing to lose and he swaps both strikers...surely at that stage he should be trying something different...like maybe going 4-3-3

Any footage of the steward getting taken out by Labadie's shot???

Switching my focus now to what new grounds are up for grabs next season. Its been a great journey, but now its gone.
daggersjeff

The Romford Dagger wrote:After 50 mins Jeff Stelling went to the guy doing our game and he said it was a passionate performance from both teams and a great game of football.

I laughed. Surely not?
He wasn't at Viccy Road that's for sure!
stanton101

daggersjeff wrote:
The Romford Dagger wrote:After 50 mins Jeff Stelling went to the guy doing our game and he said it was a passionate performance from both teams and a great game of football.

I laughed. Surely not?
He wasn't at Viccy Road that's for sure!
If he was he was pissed!
RayleighDagger1986

I resigned to relegation after the Barnet game and was not all surprised with yesterday's result. The players JS inherited are not good enough, however the tactics yesterday were not spot on. We had no width, Passley occasionally got forward but everything went thru the middle. No passion, no spirit...This all went wrong when the board re-appointed Burnett in the summer. They have to take dome or most of the blame here...
We need a clear out and that's the honest truth.
I'd keep
O'Brian
Passkey
Ladabie
Raymond
Doidge
Hawkins

And I'd even contemplate some of the senior academy players for our run in, gain some experience and find out if any of them can cut it otherwise what's the point of the academy.
Why do we still have Gayle on our books? If he can't get in ahead of loan youngsters then he has no hope. Release him
Not much else I can say. Will we be the only football league club to have never won a league cup match???
Will we go through 23 home matches and not win a single game (is that a new record for a domestic season). I love my club but the end us nigh as a football league club.