Two, one down, red card, penalty...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

... Do we equalise? No we miss the penalty then go 3-1 down...

Not our season at all

Yeovil even beating Pompey
stanton101

Just accept the fact that we are finished as a league team, it was good while it lasted, but that's that.
easthamdagger

I can see us going the same way as Torquay
stanton101

easthamdagger wrote:I can see us going the same way as Torquay
It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, mate.
Pondfield Dagger

just checked the conference table, Torquay are 10 points adrift at the bottom of league , how did they get in that mess? that unreal....
SUSSEX DAGGER

Because they relied on a Backer to get them out the Confrence and when they had enough of their little toy they walked away amd the Club plummeted . Very nice nene Stand built at Plainmoor but sadly it has to be paid for before you can think about the team.

Mr Thompson has taken stick about our current plight but I would like to think when we go down as we surely are now , his Management will mean we are in a bit better shape then Torquay.

They are at Bognor next weekend in the quarter final of the Trophy , needless to say the locals are very confident.
Dagdale

We slipped up big time again today, normal mistakes were there to see as usual and really feel what's the point now preaching about moving out of this mess and relying on this team or that team to undo us, simply on paper the players most of us thought could have rallied round and moved upwards have not gelled in together as a solid unit, for whatever reason obviously coaching and management there's been problems too, O'Brien was a 100% warrior today felt sorry for the lad and done some amazing saves that kept it a bit more respectable, and certainly him and a few others looked really down on themselves at the end, let's us, fans at least all stick together and when the inevitable happens relise and admit where the mistakes were made and learn from it.
JFJBENSTEAD

Gutted. Absolutely gutted.

A deserved defeat but the circumstances make it unbearable.

Real rearguard action second half. Diamonds had one of his best games defensively - weak link is definitely Hyam - he's caused a one-on-one in the last two games.

Does anyone believe we can get out of it? I don't.
stanton101

JFJBENSTEAD wrote:Gutted. Absolutely gutted.

Real rearguard action second half. Diamonds had one of his best games defensively - weak link is definitely Hyam - he's caused a one-on-one in the last two games.

I don't understand why Clevid was dropped in the first place, he did nothing wrong. The kid Hyam looks a bag of nerves everytime I see him, it begs the question as to why our most experienced defender (Hoyte) was left out? Doidge also has done nothing wrong, except run his nuts off every game and tries his best and yet is dropped for the lumbering Hawkins! Ok he scored today but could he actually fail not too? Obviously the messiah is planning for life in the conference and justifying his loan deals by playing them, or am I being a tad cynical.
The Romford Dagger

stanton101 wrote:
JFJBENSTEAD wrote:Gutted. Absolutely gutted.

I don't understand why Clevid was dropped in the first place, he did nothing wrong. The kid Hyam looks a bag of nerves everytime I see him, it begs the question as to why our most experienced defender (Hoyte) was left out? Doidge also has done nothing wrong, except run his nuts off every game and tries his best and yet is dropped for the lumbering Hawkins! Ok he scored today but could he actually fail not too? Obviously the messiah is planning for life in the conference and justifying his loan deals by playing them, or am I being a tad cynical.
1) yes you're being cynical.
2) you've had it in for still since he took the job.
3) Hawkins has done well since he came in I thought.
stanton101

Maybe a touch of cynicism granted, but I don't think I'm wrong in my assumptions. I honestly was hoping that JS could have turned it around. Unfortunately it's not been the case. Years ago maybe, but football has moved on and it's turned in to a young mans game. Apart from some of the elite older generation the old school type manager is slowly being phased out. It's not JS's fault, it's just the way things are. He has had his day I'm afraid and done a marvellous job and the board should have realised this and offered the position to a younger man with some fresh ideas, it may have worked, or it may not, whose to say, but they took the safe option and the rest, unfortunately is history. I sincerely hope I'm wrong and I hope that by some devine intervention we survive this dreadful season, but like a lot of others I think the game is definitely up this time round and the conference league is where we'll be next season.
Diggerthedog

If or should I say when we drop I would hope Still steps aside and we try and get someone else in. I think whoever we got in charge of this squad was never going to keep us up.

Go for the Braintree manager.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Hoyte must still be injured, unless there's a clause in Hyam's loan that says he has to play. Thought he looked alright until he had the ball at his feet
TommyD&R

Diggerthedog wrote:Go for the Braintree manager.
I'd like still to give the conference a go but this is a decent shout
ARNU

Is the problem the manager ?? Was the problem the previous manager ??

Change the manager !! change the manager !!.......aint gonna work.

When still went to luton he didn't leave us with any great legacy,in fact we weren't doing too well,Burnett came in had a couple of good finishes but it was shit to watch ,then reality kicked in and we have now found our level.Bottom of league 2.Now to be fair to Johnny hoof he wasn't handed a great hand when he came in at new year, and it will take time for him to get us going again.We don't have much time and I fear we are as good as down.He needs to build for next season,make his own team and then hopefully we'll be ok.Or get a new manager,he will need to consolidate,build a new team and then maybe we will be ok.

Unless someone turns up at Dagenham with a juggernaut full of money,chopping and changing managers every 8 weeks wont ever be the answer.

Stick with Still and the awful hoofball,I think he'll get us playing again...but it wont be till next season in the conference.

Whats Braintree's manager gonna do with no money ?? Same as the bloody luton manager !!

Cant you lot smell coffee yet ??
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !