Who's going down with us?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Paul from Barking

I recon York
DaggerJoel11

York have won their last two at home. Should we go down, I think Hartlepool will join us.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
daggersjeff

Oh ye of little faith!!
Paul from Barking

League tables don't lie though, do they? We are the worst FL club in the country
SUSSEX DAGGER

24 points dropped from winning positions says to me we certainly have the worst defence.
stanton101

Can't wait to listen to the "let's look at the positives" or maybe the "never to high, never to low" or even the old chestnut of "it's a confidence thing", thrown in for good measure. No John, you may have inherited Wonderful Wayne's players, and you may have been player, coach, chief cook and bottle washer, but you are not up to this. We are going down faster than a whores drawers, it's not entirely your fault, it's the board who were too gutless to invite other people to take over the position, instead they offered It to JS in the hope that an old die hard could somehow rescue the situation. It isn't working, full stop. I must admit I was disappointed in JS getting the job, now I'm just disillusioned with it all.
Dagdale

Hartlepool
ARNU

Whoever came in was never gonna do much better.A little new manager bump at first and then the reality of being a poor club financially hits in.This aint Still or burnetts fault.It is what it is.Someone has to be last,its our turn.

Blaming everybody wont help.

Build a team now for next season.Im done with this one.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
The Romford Dagger

ARNU wrote:Whoever came in was never gonna do much better.A little new manager bump at first and then the reality of being a poor club financially hits in.This aint Still or burnetts fault.It is what it is.Someone has to be last,its our turn.

May I mention Accrington Stanley? Worse budget than us I think someone said and are 4th and 3pts off automatic promotion!
Morecambe_Shrimp

We at sh**ting ourselves at Morecambe and we have relegation threads on our forum despite being on 36 points.

Hopefully York and Yeovil are for the drop.
ARNU

The Romford Dagger wrote:
ARNU wrote:Whoever came in was never gonna do much better.A little new manager bump at first and then the reality of being a poor club financially hits in.This aint Still or burnetts fault.It is what it is.Someone has to be last,its our turn.

May I mention Accrington Stanley? Worse budget than us I think someone said and are 4th and 3pts off automatic promotion!

Yes you can.And when Wayne was here we were 2nd favourites to go down and finished 9th.

and then 14th the following season..but lets forget that.

I still think we'll do better with Stilly in the conference,im almost looking forward to it.Fed up bumping along the bottom of this league anyway.
Paul from Barking

Do you think we'll come straight back up like Barnet do every time they get relegated? Because I don't.

At the end of the day, Dagenham is and alays was a Conference club punching above its weight.And even if we never come back, we've all got some great memories.... Most of yours will be the play off final at Wembley (which I missed through being on holiday - and the wife would have killed me if I'd have come home early to go).... Mine is sitting in the away end at Sheffield Wednesday on the first day of the season when we kicked off joint top of "The 3rd division". Although we lost the game and struggled all season, getting relegated on the final day - I just sat there that day (as I had at Stockport a few seasons earier) thinking Furrock and Arlsey weren't that far back and just how far we'd come....

Don't be sad or mad about it... We are a Conference club in all but name
ARNU

Maybe we'll struggle and may never come back but:

It will make a refreshing change from bumping around the bottom of this league for the rest of time.Thats all we're likely to do for the foreseeable if we don't go down.Still might find a new Strevens,Benno,Saunders,Gain,Nurse,Danny green,Robbo and even an Arber but I doubt it'll happen right away.Just want to watch a team that competes in the league its in.We haven't really done that since we got in the play off final.Ever since then its been struggle after struggle.Even the seasons wayne finished 9th and 14th were awful to watch and we were nailbiting the majority of the time as were most of Stills campaigns.
Dagdale

Be a miracle if we survive now, I've always said were quite capable of winning a few games left but think its a way gone conclusion were not getting anywhere near the golden 40 plus to stay up, especially the run we've got left, and no way are Yeovil and York going to come to our place and sit back and try and watch us get of with a long awaited home win whilst their fighting for their lives too, just hope in the summer break under a more relaxed atmosphere everybody running the club makes the best decisions for the future of this great little club, my ten cents worth, John move upstairs mate you've been a great servant to this club become like a director of football here, bring a new young guy in with different ideas there's one out there somewhere who'd relish the chance, we may have a bit more money in the kitty from the new League contract and let's not struggle any longer its been so painful too long now.
mickeyblue

Dagdale wrote:Be a miracle if we survive now, I've always said were quite capable of winning a few games left but think its a way gone conclusion were not getting anywhere near the golden 40 plus to stay up, especially the run we've got left, and no way are Yeovil and York going to come to our place and sit back and try and watch us get of with a long awaited home win whilst their fighting for their lives too, just hope in the summer break under a more relaxed atmosphere everybody running the club makes the best decisions for the future of this great little club, my ten cents worth, John move upstairs mate you've been a great servant to this club become like a director of football here, bring a new young guy in with different ideas there's one out there somewhere who'd relish the chance, we may have a bit more money in the kitty from the new League contract and let's not struggle any longer its been so painful too long now.
this was the plan with burnett

we need a complete new plan. let john finish his contract giving us a year finding the correct man for job, if he is 55 or 25 i couldnt give a rats butt.
defo dont need or can afford 2 managers with 1 upstairs marlarkey
but we finished 9th!