Tonights games.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Couple of interesting ones in Lg 2 tonight:

York v Exeter
Hartlepool v Notts County
Accy v Carlisle
Oxford v Northampton

needless to say we need Exeter and Notts county to do the biz.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

York winning we look even more precarious.
DaggerJoel11

Good news is County are beating Hartlepool. Come on Exeter now!
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
The Romford Dagger

ARNU wrote:Couple of interesting ones in Lg 2 tonight:

York v Exeter
Accy v Carlisle
Oxford v Northampton

Doey and Howell have scored both of Boreham Woods goals of anyone's interested
stanton101

Yep, we're ******!
Pondfield Dagger

oh dear 6 points adrift of safety, we were 1/5 ON for relegation on betfair earlier tonight, after that result probably 1/7 on or worse now....

also, york have won 4 out of their last 5 home games.....
ARNU

The Romford Dagger wrote:

York v Exeter
Accy v Carlisle
Oxford v Northampton

5th from bottom Borehamwood,bottom 4 go down.
ThatRoundThing

York v Exeter
Accy v Carlisle
Oxford v Northampton

Spillane and Reed scored for Lowestoft for those interested in lower league football.
hockley dagger

Just back from Braintree. Doe was solid and popped with a goal. Howell looked good and scored a cracker. All watched by Darren Currie
SUSSEX DAGGER

Doey and Howell have scored both of Boreham Woods goals of anyone's interested[/quote]

The heart of this team when they were here they knew what it was all about.

Exeter City last season we did not only lose that game we lost much much more .
The Romford Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Doey and Howell have scored both of Boreham Woods goals of anyone's interested

Exeter City last season we did not only lose that game we lost much much more .[/quote]

Once again, thanks Wayne
ARNU

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Doey and Howell have scored both of Boreham Woods goals of anyone's interested

Exeter City last season we did not only lose that game we lost much much more .
Once again, thanks Wayne[/quote]

I think you have to thank the cost of living and the fact we cant pay the wages rather than Wayne.But its gonna be convenient to blame him for everything,I get that.Football is an entirely mercenary game as ive said before.We are all mercenaries to our needs.If another company comes in for you and offers you a couple of grand a year more what you gonna do ? This ridiculous notion that players play for the badge is bollux,if that's the case why did Benno piss off to Charlton ? (By the way benno made the right decision by his family so I don't have any issue with that,only that daggers should have found the money to kep him but that's another conversation already done to death)
davei

Arnu, it is not often I disagree with you, but this time I do.

Sad to say it, but WB was a poor manager and a poor judge of talent which transcended in to the players he picked up to play for this team. If a player is a crap player, no matter what you pay him, he is still going to be a crap player.

If someone has the ability to spot an up and coming talent, spotting a diamond in the rough so to speak (as JS can and has done) it can make a serious difference in pay expectations and what you eventually get for your money.

While not every player turns in to a gem, unfortunately, the majority of players WB has bought in to the team have just not been good enough, as our current position indicates and as well, the piss poor entertainment that has been dished up for the past 2 years. I am sure if our mutual friend Vindelot were still alive, he would echo those exact same sentiments.
leewilson

Our one saving grace could be March. Games are Saturday/Tuesday for a large part and if we can just find that typical end of season form that a lot of clubs fighting for their lives seem to find, then we may just string a run together and catch up quite quickly.

I also don't think we'll go down tamely under Still. He'll surely drag this lot to a few scrappy/gritty performances where everything is on the line. Whether it will be enough remains to be seen but I do think we'll make a contest of this battle at the very least.

We need to get moving though.
ARNU

davei wrote:Arnu, it is not often I disagree with you, but this time I do.

Sad to say it, but WB was a poor manager and a poor judge of talent which transcended in to the players he picked up to play for this team. If a player is a crap player, no matter what you pay him, he is still going to be a crap player.

If someone has the ability to spot an up and coming talent, spotting a diamond in the rough so to speak (as JS can and has done) it can make a serious difference in pay expectations and what you eventually get for your money.

While not every player turns in to a gem, unfortunately, the majority of players WB has bought in to the team have just not been good enough, as our current position indicates and as well, the piss poor entertainment that has been dished up for the past 2 years. I am sure if our mutual friend Vindelot were still alive, he would echo those exact same sentiments.
Davei its not a problem for you to disagree with me.You do so with great politeness at all times and the payback for that is,i do hear what you say cos I read your whole post unlike those that snipe for the fun of it.And...I am more likely to change my opinion if a point is put well.

I was happy for Burnett to go when he finally did.I think his major failing was his temper and his control of it.I think he probably lost his rag too often with the players as well as us the fans and anyone who dared criticise,this led to pretty much all of the team that beat Wycombe that day leaving dodge as soon as they possibly could,especially after he publicly slagged them off (for winning)on the radio straight after and on the football league show.This action forced his own hand and built a rod for his own back as they say.He then had to replace Wilkinson,Medy,Abs,Doe,Bingham,Howell and others thru out his tenure.Despite this he did have,on paper and statistically 2 very good seasons.It was shit to watch a lot of the time but we'd take shit to watch and winning now wouldn't we ?Most managers don't last 2 seasons,Wayne did and his record in a hundred years time will look like he finished 9th and 14th and nobody will care how or what budget he had.Now the fact that Still came back and won 2 games on the trot(If you include Stevenage which I don't but that's another row)and put up a respectable fight at everton with these supposedly shit choices, to me,means they aint bad players,just need motivation.Now stills honeymoon is over well and truly its Still who is responsible.A bad workman blames his tools.In fairness to Johnny hoof,he has nothing but praise for his old mate stating its just "Fine margins" which I tend to believe.Bottom line is....I disagree its all WB's fault.He made many mistakes,who dosent in this league ? Still had much better budget and players at Luton,he took them up and now they think he was a c*** ! That's how unfair it is on Wayne I reckon.Remember he held Still's Luton to a draw.Will Still beat luton now...er No !!

Lastly...may I point you to the last 3(certainly the last 2) seasons Still was here...we were shite,we wanted him gone and we wanted someone else.Sound familiar :lol: