We aren't down yet

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
The Romford Dagger

Beat Yeovil and it's still game on.

Hartlepool were in a worse state than us this time last year after all.

Believe!
stanton101

I'm sorry mate but this mob are incapable of beating an egg, let alone Yeovil. We lost the backbone of our team before a ball was kicked this season and have never recovered. The whole set up has been a complete and utter shambles from the first match of the season, the only people that are exempt from blame are the fans who have turned up week in week out to witness the dross on offer. We deserve to go down, The sad fact is we may sink even further, far bigger sides than us with better resources have found out just how hard it can be to return to league football, for a club of our size the difficulties are multiplied. I wish I had your heart mate, but much like our team I simply haven't.
ARNU

Its not over but on what I've seen this season and recently we aren't good enough.To be totally fair to Johnny Hoof,he needs longer than a handful of games to bed in the new philosophy with players that aren't his.This experimenting should happen at the start of a season not in a relegation battle.My question to JS would be why change philosophy now ? The players we had clearly could pass as did his Luton team,this boot it up in the air probably will get us results in the conference but I doubt it will save us now.I would love to be wrong on this.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Alan

We aren't down. Yeovil and York have some tough games before we play Yeovil. But if we can't win at home, and we haven't since 25.04, we are ******. I don't agree with playing the 2 kids at centre half - we've lost every game since we have done so. Admittedly, they've been exposed, but all the more reason not to pair them.
Lcbdagger

Whatever odds they may be... Yeovil will be the bet of the day
ARNU

Maybe if the team and manager accept we're down now they'll play without a care and go for it and maybe just maybe get out of this mess with the pressure off.
Diggerthedog

if we win Saturday and Yeovil lose we will be a point behind them but unfortunately we are playing them at home the following week. How big are the points we dropped at Huish Park earlier this season. At least some people got free pizza and a lift after that game.
SUSSEX DAGGER

i got neither, pretty much the same as at Newport where I got soaking wet after watching our team completely compitulate

I got up Saturday morning opened up the windows took deep breaths and thought this is the start of our push away from Danger.

Within minutes of the kick off I saw our Goalkeeper have to make a save because we could not defend a simple ball into our box, from the resulting needless corner saw our two Centre halfs beaten to the ball by Akinde when if it is anybody else other then him they should be scoring

Watched as the bloke who scored the first turned our defender as easily as Unrefridgerated milk on a Summers day.

Watched them waste chance after chance and after getting away with that watched In Utter disbelief as we attempted to clear the ball three times from our box only for it to go up in the air on every occasion and then on the fourth occasion witnessed the ball go back in to a completely unmarked that even a Barnet Player could not miss.

It is over we won't even get to 30 points on that showing
SUSSEX DAGGER

My heart has been somewhat lifted to find that Yeovil have 12 of the current top 13 to play most of who must be thinking they can make the play offs.

Massive 4-5 weeks coming up in that period we are the only team not in the current top 7 they have to play

Despite my reservations there is still hope.
The Romford Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:My heart has been somewhat lifted to find that Yeovil have 12 of the current top 13 to play most of who must be thinking they can make the play offs.

Massive 4-5 weeks coming up in that period we are the only team not in the current top 7 they have to play

Despite my reservations there is still hope.
See Sussex theres hope.

BELIEVE!
IanC

That's the spirit boys that's better,still shite loads of points to play for,if we can just get on a roll ya never know.Saturday was crap but that's done,the club needs us more than ever now,so lets all get up to Mansfield Saturday and see if we can start a run.Maybe the omens will be good,pretty sure Mansfield was our first ever away win in the FL,so get off your backsides and get up there and then join us for a weekend in Nottingham,(tap and tumbler for a bit of rock,hooters for a bit of well ya know).Happy days bring it on,oh and don't forget get your tickets,no pay on the day,how very 80`s,plonkers.Come on you Daggers!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well the only game I have seen us win this season is Wimbledon, the other 3 leagues wins are the games I had to miss. You will be pleased to hear that Saturday is another game I have had to sit out , so a win Saturday and I will get the hint .

Come on boys this is a big chance , we play a team with the same style as us , if we win the battles in big areas and don't allow ourselves to get bullied then there is no reason we can't get another win setting us up nicely for the Yeovil must win game next week.

Come on boys this is the time to be a Dagger
ARNU

Im also in the "One" club Sussex........Stevenage away.
oddsi

I have seen 24 live games home & away & I am in the NONE club.

It must all be my fault :-)
Alan

I'm in the none club. Last first team win I saw was last April.