Going backwards.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
stanton101

In truth Barnet could have had at least 5 today, but at their place it could have easily been double figures. We are simply awful and deserve to go down, some of these players are happy to pick up a wage and nothing more. There is no improvement in our play and save for the two wins when players were out to impress the new manager we have gone backwards. JS is NOT the man to save this club, and nor will he bring it back when the inevitable relegation happens, outdated rubbish tactics, poor players, are not going to cut it in any league. We needed at least 4 points from 2 home games and ended up with ****** all. We are a very poor football club, in every sense of the word, poorly run, badly managed with an embarrassing excuse for a football team.
ARNU

Im saying nothing !

(well in this thread anyway and that's gonna be hard)
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
grumpy old git

You just did.
Alan

ARNU wrote:Im saying nothing !

Just as well because last weekend you posted:

"Burnett had to go. Fact. Still coming back is largely a good thing. Fact"
ARNU

Alan wrote:
ARNU wrote:Im saying nothing !

Just as well because last weekend you posted:

"Burnett had to go. Fact. Still coming back is largely a good thing. Fact"
You'd think Still would add a bit of stability wouldn't you ? The pro's are he knows the score behind the scenes budget etc and does have a track record at this level.That dosent mean we shouldn't have put the vacancy up for candidates to be interviewed.You all creamed your pants with rage when Burnett was just given the position.

Oh and Alan.....

You wouldnt know irony if it was sitting right in front of you ;)
Alan

Yeah, I would. And that isn't it. It's you trying to wriggle out of looking silly, again.

I don't disagree re advertising and interviewing. I always said advertise and see who applies, although my recollection is that there were others who wanted to be told in advance who would replace Burnett.
ARNU

Alan wrote:Yeah, I would. And that isn't it. It's you trying to wriggle out of looking silly, again.

I don't disagree re advertising and interviewing. I always said advertise and see who applies, although my recollection is that there were others who wanted to be told in advance who would replace Burnett.
Now your witty reply would have held much more weight had you not taken 11 hours and 1 minute to come up with it.

See you have to agree with the advertising bit to remain consistent with your views on Burnetts appointment.Do you really believe that though ?
Alan

Glad you thought it was witty. And the 11 hour delay was, you're going to be amazed by this, because I didn't spend all night on the forum checking to see if you had replied.

Go back to the threads where you were asking people to say who they would have replace Burnett and you will find me saying see who applies. So no, not trying to be consistent with my approach on Burnett's appointment, just being consistent with my approach on his replacement.

Keep digging, you are making yourself look more and more foolish.
ARNU

Alan wrote:Glad you thought it was witty. And the 11 hour delay was, you're going to be amazed by this, because I didn't spend all night on the forum checking to see if you had replied.

Go back to the threads where you were asking people to say who they would have replace Burnett and you will find me saying see who applies. So no, not trying to be consistent with my approach on Burnett's appointment, just being consistent with my approach on his replacement.

Keep digging, you are making yourself look more and more foolish.

I think continuing to react to my clearly purposefull mischievous posting is not entirely unfoolish.Even Adrian leaves me alone nowadays LOL!
We could find common ground here though and admit that "anyone could do better than Burnett" was a pretty silly thing to come out with by those that said it all along.3 losses on the bounce now is it ? Did Burnett ever do that ?
Alan

I quite enjoy it. Especially when you are reduced to claiming irony or mischievous or that the reply lacks wait because it was made 11 hours later. It's like I'm fighting a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Here's another Arnu Classic .This season you've been criticising those who wanted Wayne out after he had finished 9th in 13/14. And yet, a quick search of the forum reveals this post by Arnu on 4.10.14:

"Wayne now has to go.His tactics are poor,his defense is weak and I don't think the players even like him.We have lost a few good players since the Wycombe home win that Wayne bollocked them for and never really recovered from that.9th was honourable last season but with this squad we should be winning this league not bumping along the bottom losing all our home games.What wayne is trying to do is good but it could definately be done better by somebody else.Sack him now Thommo please."

And Burnett lost 3 league games in a row every season.
ARNU

Alan wrote:I quite enjoy it. Especially when you are reduced to claiming irony or mischievous or that the reply lacks wait because it was made 11 hours later. It's like I'm fighting a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Here's another Arnu Classic .This season you've been criticising those who wanted Wayne out after he had finished 9th in 13/14. And yet, a quick search of the forum reveals this post by Arnu on 4.10.14:

"Wayne now has to go.His tactics are poor,his defense is weak and I don't think the players even like him.We have lost a few good players since the Wycombe home win that Wayne bollocked them for and never really recovered from that.9th was honourable last season but with this squad we should be winning this league not bumping along the bottom losing all our home games.What wayne is trying to do is good but it could definately be done better by somebody else.Sack him now Thommo please."

And Burnett lost 3 league games in a row every season.
So only you can be fickle then ? I wasn't happy with the home defeat of the 3rd of October against Exeter. Hardly big news.Blimey even Sussex buckled a couple of times.Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Alan

Here we go again with the hindsight: the classic cop out for those who made the wrong choice.
ARNU

Alan wrote:Here we go again with the hindsight: the classic cop out for those who made the wrong choice.
If I was bored or so competitive to win a futile argument in a football forum Id trawl through all your posts like you did with mine and take one out of context and throw it right back at you.

Im not that bored.

Bottom line is we have not improved just yet.Maybe hindsight when we are sat mid table in may I will eat my words (not for the 1st time either) and you can have your small victory.If not you'll just blame Burnett anyway wont you.
Alan

Hardly taken a post out of context: it was you saying Burnett had to go despite finishing 9th the season before. If you can explain how that is out of context, I'd be grateful.

If we go down Burnett will have played a significant part. He amassed 13 points from 22 games and assembled the squad that his replacement has to work with, albeit he can tinker round the edges with loans and a few signings. Doesn't mean I agree with what his replacement does or that he will escape blame if we go down.
ARNU

Alan wrote:Hardly taken a post out of context: it was you saying Burnett had to go despite finishing 9th the season before. If you can explain how that is out of context, I'd be grateful.

If we go down Burnett will have played a significant part. He amassed 13 points from 22 games and assembled the squad that his replacement has to work with, albeit he can tinker round the edges with loans and a few signings. Doesn't mean I agree with what his replacement does or that he will escape blame if we go down.
I think that result took us into a precarious position too.We didn't get rid and he went on and finished 14th.I am not always right.If you look hard enough you'll find a thread where I PUBLICLY ATE HUMBLE PIE.pLEASED TO DO SO.wILL BE PLEASED TO DO SO AGAIN IF sTILLY HOOFS US UP THE TABLE.(bLOODY KEYBOARD PLAYING UP)

I have largely supported Burnett so shoot me.I think it was right for him to go when he did,even Sussex had a wobble or two.What more do you want me to say ? You've covered all outcomes by sitting on the fence.