Clear out

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

No not me going for a poo but who will be here and not be here next season?

Out

Cureton
Boucard
Widdowson
Chambers
O'brien
Dikamona
Connors
Hoyte

In
Jones
Gutteridge
Hawkins
Doidge
Labadie
Raymond
Cousins

Think some of them in players will do well at the conference level the ones going out not too fussed.ngoing to be a big turnaround but I would not be surprised to see Still stepdown too.
ARNU

Only Labadie will easily find employment in this league after we get relegated.

JS needs to start thinking about how we get back up rather than how we stay up now.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
shoreyda2nd

Jodi will easily find league clubs that want him. No idea how long his contract is though.
RayleighDagger1986

I am now 100% adamant that we will go down. Planning for next season is essential. Do we have anyone from our academy worth looking at or give the opportunity to gain first team experience to find out can they cut it.
Is Dikamona not good enough to be ahead of two loanees, if not then he isn't good enough.
For the list of those to go....I am in agreement.
stanton101

If I were Doidge and Raymond I'd tell this lot to go ****** themselves. Doidge gives his all every game with very little supply up to him and yet gets dropped for no apparent reason time and time again. And Frankie Raymond (the one bloke who could supply Doidge and co.) can't or couldn't get a run in the team for love nor money. As for Hawkins, it's a big jump from St Albans to this level and it shows I'm afraid. Whoever is in charge next season is going to find it difficult with budgets etc, whether that be JS or someone else, they'll have a job on their hands rebuilding this shambles.
Dagdale

Am I right here? that even if we go down we would get because of this new Football League billions mega deal sealed a little time back, some sort of 'parachute payment' that would be delivered eventually to all present 92 football league clubs as of that date, even if we drop. If that's the case that would and should be a big advantage to bring into the National league and although respect its probably one of the hardest Leagues to get out of (just look at Grimsby) would be a huge tonic. Another problem obviously players don't generally want to play in the non leagues so it would be not so much who we'd want to stay but who loves the club enough to stay and has got the bottle to fight it back up, but I'd give just the quartet of Ladabie, Doidge, Raymond and Cousins. Every Bees fans I've been talking too after post mortem thought he (Labadie) was the light in our dark tunnel.
DaggerJoel11

I agree with most of that except for Cureton & Chambers. Chambers was excellent at the start of the year and if we do go down somebody like Cureton could be essential - he is also our joint top scorer. What is he supposed to do with such little service/supply?
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
bearaab

The only way the words "Chambers" and "excellent" should be used in the same sentence is if you include the word "not" somewhere in between the two. I await a witty reply...
Lcbdagger

In a 451 formation, Chambers could be a decent link up man at the front of the midfield next season... what he needs however is a 2014/15 Cureton in front of him scoring 25 goals. Without that he is wasted as Chambers will not score the goal to take us up if we go down, or to keep us up next season if a miracle happens between now and May.

Beyond Labadie there's very little passion in this current team and for that reason alone I would start again next season, apart from keeping both of the keepers if possible. We've had poor squads in this division , while the team in League 1 was never good enough to stray up on paper, but those previous squads have battled for their lives when we've had a few poor results on the spin... this current crop could easily fail to win a league game at Home this year.
DI Mike Dashwood

Do people really believe either of these keepers are any good??

Has a Dagenham keeper actually caught a cross since Robbo retired??

Shot stoppers are ten a penny at this level, what you need is someone who can command an area the same as their fella did yesterday.
Mark

Agreed. Cousins has been shaky this season and O'Brien can't be trusted.

Other than Labadie I'm not that bothered who stays. He'll go though cos he's good enough for the league.

Hawkins or Doidge might do a job in the conference. Raymond too. Can't think of many others.
DI Mike Dashwood

Totally agree, would try to keep the two big lads up top, Labadie and Raymond, apart from that would anyone be worried who else goes??

Connors may do a job in Conference although it appears Stilly may not rate him, Hoyte would do decent job but will he want to play in Conf (would we be able to afford him). The current centre halves are loanees as is one of the central midfielders. And the likes of Bouchard, Hemmings and Chambers have proved over last couple of years they are either not good enough and/or not consistent enough. Cureton will retire I imagine.
Richie

Frankie Raymond is a myth for me. One of them players who gets better in the eyes on fans by not playing. I'm yet to see him have a good game other than against Accrington when they had their flip flops on. Was one of the worst yesterday I thought.
ARNU

Richie wrote:Frankie Raymond is a myth for me. One of them players who gets better in the eyes on fans by not playing. I'm yet to see him have a good game other than against Accrington when they had their flip flops on. Was one of the worst yesterday I thought.
Good point made well Richie .
I like Raymond but I have to tend to agree with your general observation.We have a history of doing this.....Danny j Green,Dom Green,Sean Shields,Bradley Goldberg,Alex Osborn,Adam Cunnington,Gianluca Greco and Rob Edmans plus any others I've missed,all never lived upto it. Id add in Jody jones to that group if not now,very soon.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !