As bad as anything this season

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Alan

Terrible.
NBDag

Like watching Burnett again. No way we're staying up now
Leopardman

I think that is the worst I have ever witnessed. Team selection looked wrong right from the off. No width at all, Labadie too far forward, inexperienced centre backs, Boucaud & Raymond too similar & lightweight. Barnet looked sharper & hungrier all around the pitch. Could of & probably should have been at least 5-0.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Dreadfull , only one player on the pitch with any quality about him The Barnet goalkeeper.

Got to beleive but if a team like Barnet walk round you twice in a season then it says it all.
ARNU

Just listened to JS interview on radio London.Apparently Luke Gutteridge (Who has played twice lost twice)being injured is the reason we got nothing from the game.Still did acknowledge we were very poor defensively and found it hard to take any positives from the game today.Welcome to my world John.

My take on it.....

Joss Labadie was our only player playing like he gave a shit.

Worst offenders...
Boucard.....Why are we still playing him ?
Hoyte was very poor dillusional if he thinks hes a lg 2 standard player let alone premiership like he thinks.
Cureton,how is he playing for us still done nothing all game.

If he cant score a goal in the warm up why would he get one in a game when theres a defender to try stop him ?

Jody watch.......(As Ive failed to be impressed i kept a close eye today)I kept a close watch on jody,hitting the post early on saved him from any heavy criticism,gets pushed off the ball too easy dosent make many tackles.Didnt make any crosses.

We are down.Bloody Burnett ay !

Big respect for the Barnet keeper,said he hoped we stay up at the end.Think I'll go and watch them for a bit.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
JFJBENSTEAD

Last 20minutes were particularly poor.

We actually had decent spells where we were on top. One of our (many) problems is that we seldom score when we are on top. Goals take pressure off, which (hopefully) means less mistakes.

Today, and our whole season, has been sadly predictable. Quite simply, we lack quality in every area. Aside Labadie, none of our players are Football League quality. Barnet (who are poor) outplayed across the park. Our lack of quality goes back to recruitment in the Summer - the players we brought in to replace Ogogo, Doe etc were poor imitations. Still did not do good business in January either.

As we've known for a long time, we are going down. As it stands, we will go with a whimper.
chasthedagger

I have to own up to not attending for a long time, except for the Everton game, this was mainly due to all the negative posts regarding the performances.
I did go today as i thought that with Barnets very average away form we would have a good chance of getting 3 very needed points, well how wrong can you be i have witnessed a team that looked devoid of the one thing that used to apply to a Dagenham team PASSION.
Discounting the loan players i did not see a player with the ability, fire and fight to wear the shirt, whilst i accept that there is little or no confidence the feeling that all is lost seems to be obvious. We have been lumbered with this type of player from the previous manager this lot dont have the things in there game that i would expect from a Dagenham player, unfortunately we cant get rid of them so it would seem likely that we will go down and will have to clear out the dross and try and build a team that gives a shit.
BarkingRambo

As everyone has said what a terrible game. Looked awful and if your going to play with no wingers at all please get wing backs on the pitch that are actually going to attack and get forward.

Need to take a moment to say well done to Labadie. His first season he was average and then the ban came along and I wondered if there was really any point in us keeping him on the books. He has come back and become probably the best player in our squad and the only guy that seems to care.
chasthedagger

Just an after thought could we find an old fashioned centre back that attacks the ball and is not afraid to mix it with the type of forward Barnet had today, i think both of the loan players would benefit playing alongside this type of defender.
SUSSEX DAGGER

The early booking did not help Worrell and after that he looked. Very nervous.

The two goals were simply as bad a goals as we have given away all season.

The first the lad yes turned so easy and the second we just did not clear our box in three attempts when it came back in he was standing all alone.

The confidence of Stevenage,Exeter and Everton has all gone and it's looking like relegation is a cert.

Mark my words if relegation occurs early it would not surprise me that this team started winning games. When the pressure is off, I don't think it's a question of desire we just look scared
Diggerthedog

chasthedagger wrote:Just an after thought could we find an old fashioned centre back that attacks the ball and is not afraid to mix it with the type of forward Barnet had today, i think both of the loan players would benefit playing alongside this type of defender.
Dikamona playing with one of these kids would be better, Akinde and Batt had the easiest game they could ever hope for far too lightweight.
Diggerthedog

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:The early booking did not help Worrell and after that he looked. Very nervous.

The two goals were simply as bad a goals as we have given away all season.

The first the lad yes turned so easy and the second we just did not clear our box in three attempts when it came back in he was standing all alone.

The confidence of Stevenage,Exeter and Everton has all gone and it's looking like relegation is a cert.

Mark my words if relegation occurs early it would not surprise me that this team started winning games. When the pressure is off, I don't think it's a question of desire we just look scared
Not sure it anything to do with looking scared most of them are not good enough.
Alan

ARNU wrote:Just listened to JS interview on radio London.Apparently Luke Gutteridge (Who has played twice lost twice)being injured is the reason we got nothing from the game.Still did acknowledge we were very poor defensively and found it hard to take any positives from the game today.Welcome to my world John.

My take on it.....

Joss Labadie was our only player playing like he gave a shit.

Worst offenders...
Boucard.....Why are we still playing him ?
Hoyte was very poor dillusional if he thinks hes a lg 2 standard player let alone premiership like he thinks.
Cureton,how is he playing for us still done nothing all game.

If he cant score a goal in the warm up why would he get one in a game when theres a defender to try stop him ?

Jody watch.......(As Ive failed to be impressed i kept a close eye today)I kept a close watch on jody,hitting the post early on saved him from any heavy criticism,gets pushed off the ball too easy dosent make many tackles.Didnt make any crosses.

We are down.Bloody Burnett ay !

Big respect for the Barnet keeper,said he hoped we stay up at the end.Think I'll go and watch them for a bit.
I suppose that the central midfield options are limited to what he's got available - and let's not forget Boucaud is somehow the club captain. Bloody Burnett, eh?

The two kids at centre half together do not convince me at all.
Mark

Hyam is dodgy let's be honest
Adrian

I thought we looked ok until we went behind.
Lot's of what ifs for me which makes a change to what I'd seen before.

What if Labadie had scored when Hawkins pulled the ball back to him?
What if Hackett had been sent off after planting his studs in Raymonds stomach having already been booked?
What is we had some actual wingers?
What if Widdowson could aim a cross at the big striker we've got instead of somehow managing to get 3 to go across the outside of the penalty area?

Sadly I think age has caught up with Cureton, he just doesn't seem to have that little bit of edge he did last season.

Overall our squad just isn't good enough, and that goes right back to pre-season.