Cousins or O'Brien?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
stanton101

Talking to a mate before the Wycombe match the other evening and the subject came up of who should be our first choice keeper. While both have their plus and minus points, I think personally Cousins is making too many errors of late and maybe it's time to let O'Brien take over. What do you think?
ARNU

Well Im a bit angry about all the hoofing into the wind especially at Cambridge last Saturday but this must've been done under orders.O'brian will look just as silly hoofing it out the ground all the time but maybe would be a bit more accurate with his kicking at least.If Cousins had been a bit taller would the 2nd goal have gone in last night ?? Tough call but Cousins has been the more impressive over all.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagdale

Cousins without a shadow of doubt, but I suppose that's one positive note this season we've had on our books two pretty decent goalkeepers in our squad to rotate if the need be and we've also seen a number of games where O'Brien has, even if we've got beat made some outstanding credits to a game.
Sagres

Results from Arnu's Poll 30/12/15

Who should be the first choice goalkeeper?
Mark Cousins 32 89%
Liam O'Brien 2 6%
Rotate 1 3%
Unsure 1 3%
Total votes : 36
DaggerJoel11

I think Cousins should definitely be our first-team keeper but also wouldn't mind seeing O'Brien get a spell of games as he's made huge improvements from last season. Personally I feel O'Brien would've saved Wycombe's second goal which was the looping header.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
stanton101

DaggerJoel11 wrote:I think Cousins should definitely be our first-team keeper but also wouldn't mind seeing O'Brien get a spell of games as he's made huge improvements from last season. Personally I feel O'Brien would've saved Wycombe's second goal which was the looping header.
I don't think he would have misjudged the first one so badly either Joel to be honest and there was the mistake at Newport for their second which cost us. Not digging him out but maybe it's time for a change and hindsight's a wonderful thing isn't it.
leewilson

Cousins' level has dipped since last season but I don't think all the faffing around Wayne did during the first half of the season helped. I also don't think it helps that the defence changes most weeks.

Both goalkeepers have made errors at times this season. Both have talent in different areas. On prior form, I'd stick with Cousins now he is getting a run of games.
Corinthian

I agree with Lee's post. A settled defence , a couple of wins on the bounce and not conceding a goal would do wonders for Cousins ( and for me !)
Chigwellian

Don't forget, there was a swirling wind going around on Tuesday night, which may have had an effect on all three goals
Leopardman

I think Cousins is a very good shot stopper but gives the impression of being a bit too timid coming for crosses etc. O Brien does seem a far more imposing figure who should command his area more.
dave seagull

O'Brien for me. I understand Cousins has been given the nickname 'The Cat' by team mates.
Apparently it's not because of his agility....it's because everytime a cross comes in he gives the defence ******** kittens!
JFJBENSTEAD

O'Brien.

Cousins too indecisive and kicking is poor.

You can see he makes our defence nervous as well
sjh-8

O'Brien
shoreyda2nd

O'Brien without doubt for me.
Cousins never comes for crosses, cannot kick as well as O'Brien and has made a few errors lately.
At this level being able to kick the ball to the attacking end of the pitch can make a difference. Throw-ins, corners etc, territory can be a big deal for league 2 defenders. O'Brien started the season very well and was then dropped for making a couple of errors. It's time the same happens to Mark.
Pondfield Dagger

Cousins

some great saves today, kept the score down.
both keepers don't command their box that well.. cousins still gets my vote.