Awaiting the inevitable interview...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

... but once again just not good enough when it mattered. Can't defend after scoring as always. Time certainly heading away from us
The Romford Dagger

I thought second half daggers were excellent tbh.

But a word for premier league standard ref Keith Stroud apparently
Pondfield Dagger

most unsporting team i have seen us play against all season...
NBDag

Frustrating watching that- we did not deserve to lose. Guttridge was great and Hawkins also looked promising, although he needs to stop throwing himself on the floor. Not sure whether Still was right to bring our wingers off so early though. Their left back was horrific and we should have played on that more.

But that referee- my word he was abysmal. As was the Sieve-side linesman. Their player shouldn't have been sent off and the handball he gave against them (which I think led to a booking too) was beyond me. Can't believe how much he let Alsopp play him about too, shameful time wasting. For me, he fact they started to do it from the start of the second half shows how on top of them we were at times.

Would like to think that if we play like today with urgency and a bit of bite we could be ok.
Lcbdagger

How many times this season are we going to say "if we play like that we will be OK" when we've finished with 0 points again? Genuine question
ARNU

NBDag wrote:Frustrating watching that- we did not deserve to lose. Guttridge was great and Hawkins also looked promising, although he needs to stop throwing himself on the floor. Not sure whether Still was right to bring our wingers off so early though. Their left back was horrific and we should have played on that more.

But that referee- my word he was abysmal. As was the Sieve-side linesman. Their player shouldn't have been sent off and the handball he gave against them (which I think led to a booking too) was beyond me. Can't believe how much he let Alsopp play him about too, shameful time wasting. For me, he fact they started to do it from the start of the second half shows how on top of them we were at times.

Would like to think that if we play like today with urgency and a bit of bite we could be ok.
Sorry NBDag but were you asleep for the 1st half ? Gutteridge,Jones and hemmings all useless,Gutteridge did seem to wake up 2nd half but how Frankie Raymond didn't start I WILL NEVER KNOW.The time wasting...a well known ploy to slow things down when you want to protect your lead,maybe if we had that sort of gamesmanship up our sleeve we wouldn't have lost so many winning positions this season.A spirited fightback 2nd half but Hoofball played badly is back,again we cant defend still and ultimately we deserved to lose.Not the ref or Wycombes time wasting that beat u8s just good old basics again.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Alan

Arnu, have you forgotten all the moaning about chambers performance on the wing at the weekend? Today he was replaced by Jones. Jones was dreadful, he took him off. If your wingers are that bad (and you are down to 10 men) what else could he have done tonight?
NBDag

ARNU wrote:
NBDag wrote:Frustrating watching that- we did not deserve to lose. Guttridge was great and Hawkins also looked promising, although he needs to stop throwing himself on the floor. Not sure whether Still was right to bring our wingers off so early though. Their left back was horrific and we should have played on that more.

Sorry NBDag but were you asleep for the 1st half ? Gutteridge,Jones and hemmings all useless,Gutteridge did seem to wake up 2nd half but how Frankie Raymond didn't start I WILL NEVER KNOW.The time wasting...a well known ploy to slow things down when you want to protect your lead,maybe if we had that sort of gamesmanship up our sleeve we wouldn't have lost so many winning positions this season.A spirited fightback 2nd half but Hoofball played badly is back,again we cant defend still and ultimately we deserved to lose.Not the ref or Wycombes time wasting that beat u8s just good old basics again.
Oh I know Jones was shit in the first half. Had a great opportunity to score but bottled it. But I would have thought he would have finally worked out that he was up against a clown and skinned him. And as for Hemmings, Guttridge etc. They may have not been great to start off with, but we were still better than them. And time wasting is a good way to protect a lead and we should do it. But the fact that they did it from so early on shows that we should not have left the match empty handed.
BarkingRambo

I was a little bit worried when I saw 2 extremely young and inexperienced centre backs on the team sheet how they would handle it. They don't look terrible but I think it needs someone with a few years of regular footie on their CV to help steady the back
Corinthian

We were poor first half but Passley should never have been sent off and that gave them the added momentum . I was surprised that Muldoon was replaced instead of Jones. Jodi has had too much expectation on his shoulders and in my opinion he is not physically strong enough so should be rested. We battled well second half and were the better team . Hoytes return is positive and I thought that Worral and Byam played well. When you are at the bottom it seems like you don't get the breaks.We deserved at least a point. On Saturday against Barnett We need the spirit and intention we played with in the second half this evening and a bit of luck. Up the Daggers
ARNU

Alan wrote:Arnu, have you forgotten all the moaning about chambers performance on the wing at the weekend? Today he was replaced by Jones. Jones was dreadful, he took him off. If your wingers are that bad (and you are down to 10 men) what else could he have done tonight?
No not forgotten.I did say at the time that the replacements at the weekend were no improvement(One of them being Jones)Actually I singled out Hemmings Chambers and Guttridge as well as the 3 late subs as having no impact on Saturday,Still amazingly started 2 of them tonight despite their ineffectiveness v Cambridge.Apparently Hawkins isn't ready yet Jody Jones is,figure that one out.

I wouldn't persevere with Hemmings or Jones any longer though.It is squeaky bum time and you need players to get stuck in and dig us out of this mess now.Unfortunately Johnny hoof is now confusing them even more with this hoofing lark,its ugly and ineffective or are the 4 losses and a draw in the last 5 games just a coincidence ? 1 point from 12 as one of those games was the FA cup game.I predict a loss again on Saturday with Johny hoof being pleased with our efforts again whatever we lose by.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
stanton101

I must admit that I find it baffling how Frankie Raymond can't get a start. Hemmings has been shite for at least 3 months and as for Jones he's no better than a Sunday pub team player. We showed a bit of fight tonight and at times it was hard to see they had the extra man, that said the result is what matters and once again we've ended up losing. Saturday for me is shit or bust. We simply have to win.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Have you listened to it yet then ?
bearaab

I think he should switch back to the 3 centre backs and try Widdowson at wing back instead of Hemmings. Also, if we're going to play long balls to Doidge we really need to get runners around him. Weren't at last night's game but the amount of times on Saturday Doidge was challenging for headers with no one to knock it down to was ridiculous. Just pack the middle and route one it if you're going to do that.
Diggerthedog

Widdowson should be nowhere near the team a simply awful defender and useless going forward. Connors used get tons of stick for being crap but Widdowson is no better, the defending against the winning header from him when the other guy was about 5'6 sums him up.

When the teams won when we never had a game but us way behind the pressure mounted up and people called it knicker wetting well we are still them 4 points behind with no games in hand.

No wins at home all season could be a reality. Whilst the old crap manager was half the problem some of these professionals need to have word with themselves first half yesterday was embarrassing, they are not up for the fight, second half was better but too little too late.

We will be playing in the vanarama. I for one don't mind as we might actually win some games!