Ilford FC

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Chigwellian

I've got an old car sticker which has Berger Isthmian League - Ilford FC

Might see if they want that for their collection
IanC

ive still got my old club tie from when I played for Ilford back in the early 90`s but not exactly memorabilia is it.Glad to see Michael Foley still connected to the club,really nice chap.
Grimsweeper

Not trying to be controversial here but isn't this OUR history?

We all know the tale ... Ilford merged with leytonstone who then merged with walthamstow ave to form redbridge forest who in turn merged with dagenham to get where we are now.

I've long thought it would be a great idea to have a wall of memorabilia dedicated to each of these historical clubs in the upstairs bar.
Chigwellian

Totally agree
Mike the Dagger

Grimsweeper wrote:Not trying to be controversial here but isn't this OUR history?

We all know the tale ... Ilford merged with leytonstone who then merged with walthamstow ave to form redbridge forest who in turn merged with dagenham to get where we are now.

I've long thought it would be a great idea to have a wall of memorabilia dedicated to each of these historical clubs in the upstairs bar.
That would indeed be a great idea, however when I have asked about doing something, even offered to put it together, I have been told everything got damaged and dumped years ago.

Sadly I don't think too many people running the club subscribe to the idea that this is our heritage.
Chigwellian

Maybe we should form a committee to bring our heritage back to the club