Doidge and Hawkins to start against Newport?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
daggersjeff

What other front two combo would you like to see?
Diggerthedog

Team that played Saturday deserve another go, would leave it as it is we need a consistent side to be successful.
DaggerJoel11

I still maintain that Chambers and Cureton should be our front two. They've worked well together. I also don't think Hawkins has done anything to merit a start ahead of the above-mentioned players. He should be steadily introduced instead of thrown in at the deep end.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Dagdale

At Wycombe early season Doidge and McClure (until he got a red) did seem to look good together so wouldn't mind pending the latter one's fit trying that out again asap, both big lads and now with Ollie Hawkins as a back-up might want to try that bit harder.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Difficult to say as we could have further options with more loans or signings.

One thing is that Cureton seems to have been banished to the bench, with only the odd ten minutes here and there since the Manager changed. Will he ever start another game ?

Ask this With McClure fit, was he not on the Bench at Everton? , Hawkins being added makes you wonder if the fans will ever see their hero again, let alone start

Also with the window not long to run the hype over Jones appears to have been that, money wise it looks like the worse thing we did was play him.
Where does he fit in if he stays ?

if there is more ins and outs the loss of the Carlisle game will at least mean we wont have a bunch of strangers for our next game after Newport but this question is difficult to answer with the window still open.
ARNU

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Difficult to say as we could have further options with more loans or signings.

One thing is that Cureton seems to have been banished to the bench, with only the odd ten minutes here and there since the Manager changed. Will he ever start another game ?

Not the same Jamie Cureton that played most of the time while we floated between 24th and 22nd Sussex ?

The team that last turned out for Wayne will not be the team that keeps us up.Things needed changing,whether that be players attitudes or the players in general.We have seen some positive changes in some of Waynes players but we will need new blood to enhance our chances of survival.I do like Cureton but age may well have caught up with him now,give him 25 minutes at the end of each game maybe but that's all I think now.Johny Hoof needs to, and will, get rid of the dead wood,we are 22nd and a few points adrift for a reason mate.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

True Arnu , I see once again Yeovil proved last night they simply do not know how to win a game the only team they have beaten is the team that has failed to win as often as them York since August.

That's two penalty s missed in successive games, we really do deserve to go down if we finish below them two.

We all have opinions and views but just got to put faith In the Manager and team whatever that looks like in the remaining weeks, next month I beleive is probably the biggest since we became a League Club.

One thing I would like to improve on is the needless dead ball situations we keep giving away. We were guilty of that again Saturday a number of corners including one that lead to the goal was once again so cheap.

Would not be surprised if our team looks nothing like the team we had before Xmas by the end of this window
and if we are to survive the best formation may not have been seen yet
ARNU

I haven't seen any great outpouring of grief by the players since WB left either.I'd like to know what the disconnect really was there.I cant sit here and say any one player of his is totally shit.I haven't been impressed by McClure,Richards,Ferdinand or Jody Jones to be honest but in fairness none of them have really featured enough for me to dig them out.Maybe Jones as he has played a fair bit now and I don't think he's changed a game or bought anything to one he's played in.Not sure he should feature in a relegation battle though.Just my opinion.
dagger4eva

"The players will be devastated if I get the sack" ...... dont you know

Lol
ARNU

dagger4eva wrote:"The players will be devastated if I get the sack" ...... dont you know

Lol
Even as a pretty staunch Burnett supporter I never believed that one.Im sure the trauma caused by Hackett going will no doubt kill them off entirely.
stanton101

ARNU wrote:I haven't seen any great outpouring of grief by the players since WB left either.I'd like to know what the disconnect really was there.I cant sit here and say any one player of his is totally shit.I haven't been impressed by McClure,Richards,Ferdinand or Jody Jones to be honest but in fairness none of them have really featured enough for me to dig them out.Maybe Jones as he has played a fair bit now and I don't think he's changed a game or bought anything to one he's played in.Not sure he should feature in a relegation battle though.Just my opinion.
We may have got some money for Jones when the scouts we're hovering around, but if they've been to any of the matches recently, they'll have figured out that he's at best bang average and probably not worth the effort. In fairness Burnett didn't do him any favours, but the kid himself doesn't seem to arsed in most of the matches I've witnessed. As for the others, they simply underline just what a poor manager Burnett was, injury prone journeymen or in Ferdinands case, just a journeyman!
Phippo

I'd like JS to get Ade Yusuff back and see if he could polish him up! At least he always looked to give it a hundred per cent when on the park.