Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge

Should Chambers be in the Team?

In the Team
82%
Out the Team
18%

Total votes: 28
Diggerthedog

With Chambo currently dividing opinion I thought it might be worth running a poll.
Mike the Dagger

Option 3: Let John Still decide on a game to game basis:
DaggerJoel11

I think he's unfairly slated to be honest. He's miles ahead of everyone assist-wise, and knows where the goal is too.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
dagger4eva

Definitely unfair stick imo

I dont think a single fan has ever said he should be replicating Lionel Messi but for League 2 standard is a steady player who always puts in a shift for the side. I've always and still thought he needed to work on his final ball / shooting but as the old argument goes, if he were any better he wouldnt be playing for us.

Since Stilly has actually been playing him in what I consider to be his most favourable position he's been far more effective.
Kevin

Mike the Dagger wrote:Option 3: Let John Still decide on a game to game basis:
This is exactly my thought on Chambers - if he's playing well, keep him in - if not, give him a breather.
bearaab

I think he's poor defensively therefore should not be played in the wing. He makes me feel the same way as Elito made me feel offensively (not counting his last season with us).
Auntie Merge

Mike the Dagger wrote:Option 3: Let John Still decide on a game to game basis:
THIS

I find we have an unlucky result against a strong side and suddenly the idiots on here are picking on one player.

I wasn't at the game, but whatever chambers did or didn't do, he doesn't deserve this.
Grimsweeper

These polls are starting to grow a bit tiresome.

EVERY player played well Saturday.
Another day Chambers gets 2 and we win.
He was a little unlucky with his chances.
Adrian

This thread/poll is brilliant.

A couple of people say that they don't think Chambers is good enough and point out that he pulls out of challenges and it prompts this silly poll, and someone calling them idiots.

I've been told many times that everyone is entitled to express their opinion. Why does that not apply to those that think Chambers isn't good?
NBDag

When Burnett was manager I think he was quite rightly left out of the starting XI on a regular basis. He didn't put in enough defensive effort for me. He also infuriated me by doing all the hard work to get in front of goal, and then just fumbling around without shooting or passing. However, you can't ignore the fact that he's been one of our main forms of goals under Still. Maybe it's just coincidence or maybe Still has found away to get the best out of him. But regardless of the reason one thing is for certain- if it ain't broken, don't fix it.

In the team.
Diggerthedog

Adrian wrote:This thread/poll is brilliant.

A couple of people say that they don't think Chambers is good enough and point out that he pulls out of challenges and it prompts this silly poll, and someone calling them idiots.

I've been told many times that everyone is entitled to express their opinion. Why does that not apply to those that think Chambers isn't good?
So the thread said Chambers Poll and you opened it and posted are you retarded?
durnzo

In the hole plays, anyway else doesn't in my humble opinion.
admin
Site Admin

I don't think it's a stupid question, purely someone opening up a debate, what's the harm in that? For the record, I think Chambers is ok at the moment and fitting the team well. On current form, I'd keep him in. However team selection should be done on a game by game basis, so my opinion in a couple of weeks might be different
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Too inconsistent for me. Cureton is better.
ARNU

86% voting in right now.He's 1st name on my team sheet right now.Puts in a shift causes a bit of disruption to the other team.Unlike Jody Jones or Jamie Cureton these days.He has some flaws,maybe Johny Hoof can iron them out.Whats he got to do ?? Its Dagenham not Barcelona.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !