Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge

Should Chambers be in the Team?

In the Team
82%
Out the Team
18%

Total votes: 28
bearaab

I'll tell you what he's got to do for me. Attempt to make a tackle.
ARNU

bearaab wrote:I'll tell you what he's got to do for me. Attempt to make a tackle.
Well he could be better at it,I'll give you that.Jody jones don't make them either but I hear the excuse from others he's not a defender.If he can score a goal a game he can watch the rest of the team while he aint got the ball.We allowed Murphy and others that luxury.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
bearaab

Not if he plays on the wing. If he stays where he is now it's not as important, but bottling challenges is hardly the best way to win fans over.
ARNU

bearaab wrote:Not if he plays on the wing. If he stays where he is now it's not as important, but bottling challenges is hardly the best way to win fans over.
Im not actually disagreeing with you.I don't like a bottler in a tackle either.You have to weigh up pro's and cons.

Chambers can score goals can give the opposition a headache and can make a pass or two......cant really tackle and does make a few poor decisions with regard to shooting and passing sometimes.
Reece Murphy,could score goals,didnt get back to defend,spent many an hour offside and couldn't head the ball.
Jamie Cureton can score goals and motivate.....does spend an awful lot of time trying to head balls he cant reach and spends too much time offside.
Jody Jones...he can err...er...er ?????????????

All of our team/squad have weakness somewhere.Right now Chambers and Doidge are doing more for us up front than I've seen the others contribute.Im sure if he dosent continue improving(Which is all we can ask surely) Johny hoof would drop him.
Chigwellian

Arnu, I haven't seen too much of the hoof ball since JS has come back.... Maybe it's time you dropped the Jonnie Hoof tag :)
ARNU

Chigwellian wrote:Arnu, I haven't seen too much of the hoof ball since JS has come back.... Maybe it's time you dropped the Jonnie Hoof tag :)
It will always be my nickname for him.As will Dave the plumber be Dave the plumbers nickname.Just a name.Anyway he's recruited a tall forward,what does that tell ya LOL!!