Now that it's over.....

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Paul from Barking

..... Are we good enough to stay up or are we going back to the conference?
bloke down the pub

A long time since I watched a full game. If they play like this they will stay up. Well done
SUSSEX DAGGER

Lots of posative to take from today, funny thing to say when we never had a shot on goal.

Fantastic debut from Young Worrell considering he is so young ,been here two days and was chucked in at the deepest end imagine able. Take a bow young man you should be mighty proud of your efforts today and I hope that my fellow Daggers agree with me.

What a racket we made surely we should be able to do that at home, superb support got behind the team from first minute to the last.

If we can stay in a game for that length of time against quality opposistion like that then we have nothing to fear. It is obvious that confidence suddenly running through our veins.

Pitty that we made only one serious mistake the whole game and that was the free kick that lead to the goal and the only time we looked to switch off.

We were running on empty at the end but we never stopped trying and I was proud of each and every one of those who wore our shirt today.

Great effort boys you made me proud of my Club today .
stanton101

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Lots of posative to take from today, funny thing to say when we never had a shot on goal.

Fantastic debut from Young Worrell considering he is so young ,been here two days and was chucked in at the deepest end imagine able. Take a bow young man you should be mighty proud of your efforts today and I hope that my fellow Daggers agree with me.

What a racket we made surely we should be able to do that at home, superb support got behind the team from first minute to the last.

If we can stay in a game for that length of time against quality opposistion like that then we have nothing to fear. It is obvious that confidence suddenly running through our veins.

Pitty that we made only one serious mistake the whole game and that was the free kick that lead to the goal and the only time we looked to switch off.

We were running on empty at the end but we never stopped trying and I was proud of each and every one of those who wore our shirt today.

Great effort boys you made me proud of my Club today .
Just got back, have to agree Sussex it was a great day out and the lads performed admirably. Great support from our lot and a special mention to the Evertonians who stood and clapped us at the end, a credit to their club. Hope everyone gets home safe, was an absolute nightmare driving back.
durnzo

Agree with all of the above, what a performance in my opinion. Our blokes are on 600 odd a week and they gave everything against a team far better, paid and trained.

One sour note, the 3 absolute dickheads behind who travelled all the way to Liverpool to mug off the team and fans who wanted to sing and kept banging on like we're real Madrid and not 3rd from bottom in the football league, why don't you save yourself the expense and effort and not bother going. And as for your 'we won't see you next week' and 'you're only hear for the day out' chants, proper pathetic. As everyone around you made clear.

Anyway, if they show that grit and determination for the rest of the season I reckon they'll do alright.

Come on you daggers!
Lcbdagger

Had a particular panic with Ayo and Dunne going back this week that wee look well out of our depth... Will never be convinced by Nyron at the back but that aside, we have a team that can push on a bit from recent league form. No more chances to let winnable games go by this month though
ARNU

durnzo wrote:Agree with all of the above, what a performance in my opinion. Our blokes are on 600 odd a week and they gave everything against a team far better, paid and trained.

One sour note, the 3 absolute dickheads behind who travelled all the way to Liverpool to mug off the team and fans who wanted to sing and kept banging on like we're real Madrid and not 3rd from bottom in the football league, why don't you save yourself the expense and effort and not bother going. And as for your 'we won't see you next week' and 'you're only hear for the day out' chants, proper pathetic. As everyone around you made clear.

Anyway, if they show that grit and determination for the rest of the season I reckon they'll do alright.

Come on you daggers!
Also was anyone else just embarrassed by the total ****** singing about Madeline McCann,peadophiles,Yorshire police being alright really in relation to Hillsboro and goading Everton fans thru-out from the safety of a bit of distance. ******** Morons !!
Last edited by ARNU on Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
bearaab

I didn't hear any Madeline McCann or paedo stuff down the front, but the amount if people trying to wind up Everton fans who were mainly parents with young kids was pathetic. The amount of unnecessary swearing as well, it was like they'd challenged themselves to look hard in front of their mates. Other than that, what a great day.

I don't think the Everton fans heard any of the negative stuff anyway. My in laws were in the stand behind the goal right by us and said we were the best thing about the game other than the cat.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Sad that our reputation has been tarnished by a few morons Arnu.

Sadly the more you attract the higher the probability you are going to get such muppets.

They wont be seen again I dare say , don't let it spoil a good day mate, for the first time in Months I left thinking that's what our Club is all about.
ARNU

bearaab wrote:I didn't hear any Madeline McCann or paedo stuff down the front, but the amount if people trying to wind up Everton fans who were mainly parents with young kids was pathetic. The amount of unnecessary swearing as well, it was like they'd challenged themselves to look hard in front of their mates. Other than that, what a great day.

I don't think the Everton fans heard any of the negative stuff anyway. My in laws were in the stand behind the goal right by us and said we were the best thing about the game other than the cat.
Oh it happened alright.But Im glad your relations didnt get to hear it.There was a look of joint dissaproval from many around not just me by the way and they did shut up pretty quick.Dont get me wrong,i love the banter but they should really go and support Millwall if that's what they believe should go on.This aint that sort of club or am I missing something ?
ARNU

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Sad that our reputation has been tarnished by a few morons Arnu.

Sadly the more you attract the higher the probability you are going to get such muppets.

They wont be seen again I dare say , don't let it spoil a good day mate, for the first time in Months I left thinking that's what our Club is all about.
I had a great day Mr sussex,we were only embarrassed off the pitch by a few morons watching.I also would like to thank Everton FC for not taking the piss out of us by fielding a shite team like Liverpool did last night and actually respecting us by putting out a pretty decent line up for our boys to try against.I hope they win the cup now(Well if West ham cant win it LOL!!)
stanton101

ARNU wrote:
durnzo wrote:Agree with all of the above, what a performance in my opinion. Our blokes are on 600 odd a week and they gave everything against a team far better, paid and trained.

Come on you daggers!
Also was anyone else just embarrassed by the total ****** singing about Madeline McCann,peadophiles,Yorshire police being alright really in relation to Hillsboro and goading Everton fans thru-out from the safety of a bit of distance. ******** Morons !!
It doesn't surprise me mate, little bunch of wankers would empty their pants in a proper tear up.
RampantDuke

stanton101 wrote:
ARNU wrote:

Come on you daggers!
It doesn't surprise me mate, little bunch of wankers would empty their pants in a proper tear up.
We had a few behind us doing the Maddy McCann stuff but they soon shut up when no-one joined in.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
DI Mike Dashwood

There were nearly 1,900 people in the away end, there was (unfortunately) always going to be a few wallies and clowns amongst support of that number.

We were right at the front, in the second row, and couldn't hear any of this nonsense so fortunately I would say our hosts wouldn't have heard to much of this.

It sounds like they were quickly told to stop being idiots by more sensible supporters anyway.
Adrian

In terms of on the pitch, to only lose 2-0 to a team that contained a lot of internationally capped players (9 of the starting 11 I think), is a pretty good result overall. That their goals came from a free kick which came from an absolutely awful touch by their player and a penalty makes it a little better.
We looked organised and motivated. It was always going to be difficult to balance putting them under pressure while not chasing shadows and we probably got it about right. They had to work for their chances weren't really clear cut from close to the goal.
The two loanees also did very well, again even more so given how short a time they've been with the club.

In terms of off the pitch, it's beyond me why people feel the need to sing about Barnet at a game like that. I know some of them are desperate to manufacture a rivalry with them, but at a game like that they should be focusing on their own team, not a team that couldn't care less about us beyond us being in the same league.