Oliver Muldoon

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

John Still's first loan acquisition is Charlton midfielder Oliver Muldoon.

http://mobile.daggers.co.uk/news/articl ... 88158.aspx
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
stanton101

Let's just hope he's as good as Dunne was for us. That's the bloke they should have signed.
NBDag

Huge mistake from Still if he has allowed Dunne to go back to Portsmouth
Alan

stanton101 wrote:Let's just hope he's as good as Dunne was for us. That's the bloke they should have signed.
And would have if could have met his wage demands for a full time contract.
SUSSEX DAGGER

That's what we are competing with Alan teams that can pay players 2.5 k a week and not even have them in their squad. Amazing deal to get him here for two months let alone longer
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well we have the tune for the chant all we need is the wag to come up with the lyrics before Saturday
bearaab

NBDag wrote:Huge mistake from Still if he has allowed Dunne to go back to Portsmouth
It's probably more the case that he didn't have a choice.
Alan

To be fair though, few can afford to have non-squad players like that - Portsmouth are getting over 16,000 at home. It then drops down to Luton and Plymouth who are getting between 8,000 and 8,700, which is fantastic but nowhere near the same resources. At the other end of the scale, we get 450 more than morecambe and Accrington, and only about 85 less than Barnet.
stanton101

i honestly think that Dunne going back to Pompey will be the difference in us staying up this season. To me his partnership with Labs in the middle was vital to us. It's the only place on the pitch where we haven't got any type of depth. Whatever the terms were regarding the loan, I'm sure once Jodi ventures to pastures new, we would have had the money to offer Dunne some kind of deal, maybe not a permanent one but at the very least an extension. Sorry but once again we've done things on the cheap and we will pay for it in the long run.
SUSSEX DAGGER

stanton101 wrote:i honestly think that Dunne going back to Pompey will be the difference in us staying up this season. To me his partnership with Labs in the middle was vital to us. It's the only place on the pitch where we haven't got any type of depth. Whatever the terms were regarding the loan, I'm sure once Jodi ventures to pastures new, we would have had the money to offer Dunne some kind of deal, maybe not a permanent one but at the very least an extension. Sorry but once again we've done things on the cheap and we will pay for it in the long run.
I cant argue mate that I would love to have kept him but it was not meant to be.

If it is any consolation he might have painted himself into a corner as I am given to understand from my Skate mates that when Cooke took over at that cess pit he wanted all players to be within 25 minutes of the Club and his refusal lead to him being isolated.

He may have had a change of heart and if that's the case we were lucky to have him here at all .

If he still adamant about living where he does he may not have that many options, we have been lucky with him as he has at least been injury free here which has not always been the case.

A couple of years ago I was disappointed we never went after Lawson D'Ath when he was released by Reading, especially when he went on record when trialling for Northampton that money was not an issue he just wanted to play.

Now there was a real box to box player that we have so sadly missed over the past few seasons.

No good crying over spilit milk, as the Man says you can only control the controlables
ARNU

I find it rather amusing that now Wayne has gone people suddenly get that we have no money.Already somebody is calling this John Still's mistake that Dunne has been allowed to return at the end of his loan deal.

Also we haven't seen Nosworthy under Still yet,he may be born again like the others who have been very poor all season.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
mickeyblue

i still find it amazing that you bring up burnett still.

nobody mentioned 1 thing about budget whilst he was here except you. all the burnett out people had enough of below par effort from the team.
stupid decisions, etc etc.
but we finished 9th!
Alan

No, people have always known what the budget constraints are. The point has arisen because a player we have had on loan from a club who get almost 8,000 more than any other team in the division is going to be released, but wants wages higher than we can afford if he were to join us permanently.

Charlton will want to sell Obileye in the window - if they can't then they will probably loan him out again.

We have money to spend, but we cannot spend it all on one player.
Voice of reason

I would guess we are unlikely to pay transfer fees. It's more about affording the players wages for the period of the contract they will want
The Romford Dagger

Imo if we can sell jodi thia month the we should take it, and then go after ayo and dunne.

Even if it means we sell JJ for less than what we'd get in the summer, the extra funds are crucial