New year, new hope?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Cockney Byrites

My latest Daggers post about the Christmas period and the appointment of Johnny Still.

Please read if you get the chance and thanks as always in advance.

Up the Daggers!!

http://wp.me/p6kGbE-ds
DI Mike Dashwood

Decent read.

My only comment, in relation to your article and several other postings on the forum, is why people think Benno will return here imminently, in any capacity??

I would love for it to happen, we all would, but he is still banging them in for Luton, appears to be very highly thought of there (there is even talk of him being a player coach/manager on some of their forums) and I would imagine he earns twice as much there as we could afford. Now sometimes if Club wants to get rid of someone they will agree a loan where the two clubs play half the wages (or a certain percentage) but can't see how this would happen when he is still doing a job for Luton??
Cockney Byrites

I base it entirely on a new manager coming in and him dropping out of favour. He was bought by Parkinson for Charlton and when he was sacked Powell didn't fancy him.
Mike the Dagger

I think you will find that Stilly picked the team and formation at Stevenage and was manager in everything bar sitting on the bench while the paperwork on the appointment went through rather than Hackett and Currie coming up with a cunning solution of their own.

Anyone out there thinking that sacking Burnett was a bad idea now?
Adrian

I remember Still playing 3-5-2 formations for us when we were in the Conference. It wasn't regular but from memory it would involve something like Goodwin in midfield along side players like Southam and Saunders, and Foster and Griffiths play as wing backs rather than full backs.
Alan

Just shows what can be achieved with these players.
Adrian

Weird isn't it? Get in a manager who can get them vaguely organised and motivated and suddenly they pick up two wins in a row.