He isn't leaving

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Adrian

lupins wrote:Yes a cracking post pretty typical of those who also like to bemoan that we are no longer a family club. Because of course that's how you treat family
What's it got to do with being a family club?
lupins wrote:I have no idea what the facts are about any player that did or did not sign a new contract but what we do or do not offer is nothing about being a family club.
Lcbdagger

Jesus wept, suddenly everyone soars in droves, defending him and attacking those who wanted him out?? The mind boggles
Alan

Look, he's gone. He's gone with 18 months pay in his pocket. It's probably a weight off of his mind, he looked dreadful lately. He's got time to get a job with the money he has received and to spend some time with his family.

Let's all move on. The club are bottom of the league, but only 2 points from safety. Bit of organisation, particularly at set pieces at both ends of the field, and we can get out of this.
Diggerthedog

Alan wrote:Look, he's gone. He's gone with 18 months pay in his pocket. It's probably a weight off of his mind, he looked dreadful lately. He's got time to get a job with the money he has received and to spend some time with his family.

Let's all move on. The club are bottom of the league, but only 2 points from safety. Bit of organisation, particularly at set pieces at both ends of the field, and we can get out of this.
Exactly this. Move on people.
ARNU

Lcbdagger wrote:Jesus wept, suddenly everyone soars in droves, defending him and attacking those who wanted him out?? The mind boggles
Its right that hes gone now.The last interview was classic wayne and did him no favours either,arrogance trying to mask upset I think.I don't think Im personally attacking anyone who wanted him gone but I am noticing an unnecessary spitefulness amongst some of the contributions on here.However much you disliked the man,his ideas,his methods you have to recognise that for 2 of the seasons he was in charge he had 2 admirable finishes both way above expectation.He has gone now,why anyone wants to abuse him personally or further I just don't get it.Why anyones going on about this pay-off is also mind boggling.Is it a jealousy thing about wages ? Maybe in some peoples eyes a collosal amount but in his profession...shit money ! He'll do alright somewhere else,hope he does.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
dave seagull

******** good riddance I say.
If I put in performances like they have this season...and he oversaw it all as Manager and getting paid very well for it too....I'd have been sacked with no compensation.
I'd have struggled to get a penny out of the welfare, even though I've worked all my life.
As others have said ....get real.
If I got a third of the compensation his probably walked away with, that could be 2-3 years on my current wage....I'd be over the ******** moon!

Far too often in football people are vastly overpaid and compensated ......especially when they ****** it up big time!
ARNU

dave seagull wrote:******** good riddance I say.
If I put in performances like they have this season...and he oversaw it all as Manager and getting paid very well for it too....I'd have been sacked with no compensation.
I'd have struggled to get a penny out of the welfare, even though I've worked all my life.
As others have said ....get real.
If I got a third of the compensation his probably walked away with, that could be 2-3 years on my current wage....I'd be over the ******** moon!

Far too often in football people are vastly overpaid and compensated ......especially when they ****** it up big time
A few points.....

Why dont you get a better job then Dave !

At your interview at some stage of the proceedings you wanted the job and agreed the wages were acceptable or you'd surely have told them to do one.If you were poor enough the welfare would help you.Welfare is to help people who need help not people who get sacked as football managers,infact Im sure the tax Ol Burnett is gonna pay will hopefully keep a few people experiencing hard times for a while till they get on their feet.Lastly he hasn't been over compensated...he rightly should have been paid up regardless of results(Which for 2 seasons at least were alright,if a little tiring to watch).That's the contract both parties signed.

Do your badges and apply to be daggers manager, listening to some on here it sounds like an easy little number.
Grimsweeper

Really???

To quote the great man

"What do you want me to say?"

I know what you thought of me... And now the boney finger points at you.
Grimsweeper

PS

this is comment on the general thread not in response to the last message.
dave seagull

No qualms from me on the job front Arnu - fairly happy, done me bit, shiftwork etc, no mortgage, kids sorted, so taking it easier, no need to chase a pound note so much now.

I understand and accept contracts should be honoured. However, what I disagree with these contracts is if you perform poorly you still get richly rewarded for failure.

Many of us are not in contracted work and if we put in performances such as we have all witnessed in the past 2 seasons - in everyday work - quite simply we would sacked, no question.

And as for coaching badges?
Burnett has his and look what he managed to produce and where it's got him now! You've either got it or you haven't.....and lets be honest....he just didn't have it from day one.

A decent Sunday League manager couldn't have done much worse.
ARNU

dave seagull wrote:No qualms from me on the job front Arnu - fairly happy, done me bit, shiftwork etc, no mortgage, kids sorted, so taking it easier, no need to chase a pound note so much now.

I understand and accept contracts should be honoured. However, what I disagree with these contracts is if you perform poorly you still get richly rewarded for failure.

Many of us are not in contracted work and if we put in performances such as we have all witnessed in the past 2 seasons - in everyday work - quite simply we would sacked, no question.

And as for coaching badges?
Burnett has his and look what he managed to produce and where it's got him now! You've either got it or you haven't.....and lets be honest....he just didn't have it from day one.

A decent Sunday League manager couldn't have done much worse.
Well forgive me but your previous post made you sound like an angry lowly paid jealous of anyone on better wages wannabe welfare sponger LOL!!

He hasn't been rewarded.Hes had his contract paid up as per said contract and its all speculation but the figures your talking about are no different to what a reasonably busy gas fitter would earn. Hardly millions is it even if he got a years money out of it after tax.You cant criticise him for adhereing to the contract he has.What did you want ? Him to be sacked made homeless and his kids taken into care.He aint Ian Huntley.What about Mourinho getting 40 mill to ****** off ? Same answer there Im afraid.Just whats in his contract.brendan Rodgers got 12 mil to do one.Its the clubs terms that they agreed with their managers.
bearaab

Don't know how true it is but I read somewhere that Mourinho waved his pay off fee. Wouldn't expect it from Wayne though. As you say, bills to pay and all that. It's a different world in the Prem with their millions floating about. You can't expect Wayne to not take the pay off just because we have a low budget. After this performance, it could be sometime before he gets another job on football and that pay off will have to see him through till then.
RampantDuke

This is great news all round. After Saturday his position was untenable and the board have done the only thing open to them at this point. Having said that the bloke seems decent enough to me and right now I am sure that the money, while important, is not the first thing on his mind when he wakes up today. Nobody sets out to fail and he will be gutted this morning that he hasn't been able to make a better fist of it this season. His self confidence will be in tatters and the future will be scary - just like it is for anyone who loses their job. I think that most of us would wish the fella the very best of luck, thank him for his efforts but also look forward to the next chapter for the club which hopefully will be much brighter than the last 4 years.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
DI Mike Dashwood

Great post RD, someone taking into account the other factors in this (from Wayne's point of view) as well as just money.

I am sure the bloke will not be hard up after this, and probably wasn't before with the involvement he has had in football over a long career. However, there is more to life than money (some people fail to see this but there you go) and I am sure Wayne will be gutted that ultimately he wasn't up to the job he was being asked to do. That is not a nice feeling in any job or walk of life.

But as RD says, time for everyone to move on. We have three huge games coming up before Everton and the Club and players need to move forward now.