Well thats that then

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Sounds like the decision has been made.

Goodbye Football League it has been a ball.

We are going down because any money that we may have had has been used to pay off the Manager.

There will be none available to the next Manager and the lot we currently have are simply not good enough to survive.

Now this is a totally irrelevant question now it seems but if the Board knew that they had to find this money four months ago what would fans have preferred.

Found the money earlier to keep Scott Doe and Luke Howell and possibly Billy Bingham or accept the decision that appears to have been made and the fate that I am certain almost certainly comes with it.
Mike the Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Sounds like the decision has been made.

Goodbye Football League it has been a ball.

We are going down because any money that we may have had has been used to pay off the Manager.

There will be none available to the next Manager and the lot we currently have are simply not good enough to survive.

Now this is a totally irrelevant question now it seems but if the Board knew that they had to find this money four months ago what would fans have preferred.

Found the money earlier to keep Scott Doe and Luke Howell and possibly Billy Bingham or accept the decision that appears to have been made and the fate that I am certain almost certainly comes with it.
That is only true if the current squad are not good enough to get us out of the current mess.

Personally, I reckon the current group, properly motivated, tactically well set up and without the constant chopping and changing have a decent chance.

Key things to do:

- Get the armband of Boucard. I'd give it to Labadie based on current form
- Play two up front, a big man to help out JC - personally I'd give Doidge a proper run
- Never, ever play Boucaud in a midfield two again - if that means he never plays, so be it.
- Get some proper width in the team

We have big problems to solve at centre half if Ayo's loan is up and it would be great to get Dunne in full time, otherwise,we can survive with this squad.
Alan

Sussex, dry your eyes mate.
Grimsweeper

Been paid off has he?

I would sack him ...pay him until the end of the month.

Can chase the club for any other monies he thinks he's due.
DI Mike Dashwood

You people do realise that should the club treat it's employees badly it would seriously affect the potential to get someone else of any calibre in to the job in the future??

"sack him and tell him to f**k off" will have a list of potential new candidates looking to take on the job no doubt!?!?! Dear oh dear.
nomis

WTF.....are you on about Sussex

With Burnett at the helm we are going down

Now let's move on, and let the new manager , whoever it may be , the chance to prove that Burnett was a tool at "Man Management"

Granted from what i'm told Burnett was a good coach but for the life of me , he sure was a shit manager

Totally different ball game

Hopefully the club can now unite and stay in the football league
mickeyblue

you people? that is forumism!!!!
1 person posting doesn't mean all.

he gets his pay off and we have the board to thank for giving him a 2 year contract in april, madness that.
just hope they come to a agreement like they do with the players and he dont hold us to ransom.

sussex we was going down mate, this needed to be done to give us a fighting chance.
but we finished 9th!
ARNU

Is it official ??
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
DI Mike Dashwood

It's not on any official Club sites or Social Media outlets yet Arnu, as far as I am aware.

I think everyone is aware it's happening, but I am guessing finalising these things legally etc takes a bit of time.

A sorry end all round really, not pleasant I would suggest.
ARNU

He has to go now.Its not quite as embarrassing as Sepp Blatter but his dignity will be damaged by staying.

Maybe the haters will turn up on Boxing day and actually get behind the team now.

We have our job to do too.Get behind them and we might just wing it.
Grimsweeper

Sorry if I have little sympathy for the bloke who has been running MY football club into the ground.

Of course he will get paid up/off.

Sussex, pass the tissues to Dashers!
Alan

Don't confuse hate with wanting a change of manager.

I don't hate Burnett. I'm sure he's a lovely bloke. I just don't think he's doing a very good job and it's a business decision. This way he gets to walk away with his wages and can go and find another job, or sit on his arse if he prefers, we can get somebody in to instil a bit of organisation into the team.

I share your hope that the stay away fans will return.
ARNU

Alan wrote:Don't confuse hate with wanting a change of manager.

I don't hate Burnett. I'm sure he's a lovely bloke. I just don't think he's doing a very good job and it's a business decision. This way he gets to walk away with his wages and can go and find another job, or sit on his arse if he prefers, we can get somebody in to instil a bit of organisation into the team.

I share your hope that the stay away fans will return.
I cant fault your post Alan.He has to go now.
The vast majority whether loyal to or fed up with Burnett had a fair mixture of views.
I think its fair to say though that those who posted on here he was a wanker,C*** ,prick etc.....Were probably haters..
dagger4eva

I must agree.

I don't think I've ever actually hated anyone in my life... severely dis-liked perhaps .....

Our "campaign" as you call it was only ever born out of the fact we had a manager who was obviously only ever taking us one way and a board who appeared to be allowing things to continue regardless.
Hence they were copping the flak as much as Wayne on Saturday afternoon.

The "campaign" was only ever to get us a change of manager as we all saw fit that it was the only possible solution to escaping relegation. It was certainly not one of "hate".

The situation at this moment is JUST about salvageable - it wont be easy though and whoever does come in / steps up to the plate is gonna have a hell of a job on his hands:

19 Barnet 22 -7 25
20 Newport 22 -9 20
21 Hartlepool 21 -15 20
22 York 22 -20 15
23 Yeovil 22 -15 13
24 Dag & Red 22 -19 13

Yes we are only 2 points off safety but we really need also to look to claw back and catch the group directly above York and look to drag them back into it too. That is the real challenge!
nomis

The last game I went to was Exeter at home

After that game I said to myself.....enough is enough !

I refused to go to another Dagger's game until Burnett walked or was pushed

I be at the next game as soon as it's official

Can't wait to return if i'm honest, but if Burnett had remained at the club for even say five years I wouldn't have returned

For me the guy was / is clueless , and I still have the same opinion

Now let's all get behind the boy's and get some atmosphere back at Victoria Road