Chesterfield

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well done boys played very well in a very good game. After Boxing Day shambles today you showed your better side. Unlucky Zav happens to the best mate.

Disgracefull decision to book Zav absoloutely clattered and the Chesterfield Players even line up to drfend a free kick.

Outstanding display ftom Lawson Dath, Superb goal from Abu.

Excellent effortd from Shields and Connors neither let anybody down. Just hope you were both withdrawn owing to Wayne opting for more experience given the citcumstsnces.

Driving home with my faith nearly restored.
Last edited by SUSSEX DAGGER on Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dagdale

Showed a a lot of fighting spirit today and especially after Zav missing on the penalty why did half-time have to come because we were so more positive, solid side even with 10 men the Spiretes and still thought they might any minute rattle our net, which they did by that penalty, handball? But after that we really moved the ball around well and at last Zavon was a real danger to them and hoping he'll return now to former form. Abu's goal superb, one of those where you fall silent and grasp what a good goal that was after the kill. Like mentioned Lawson's taking a good part now and even Sean Shields did his bit, nice to see Jack Connors returning on good form too, and to think if only that ball was an inch or two centre from Rhys banging that post what a finale it would have been. Great performance boys!feel a lot more confident now for the Womble game.
Paul from Barking

I was at the game today - we really should have won the match. Both pens were correct calls and Chesterfield were lucky not to have had 2 sent off! 2 points dropped
IanC

Yeah thought that too,how the hell did the bloke not get sent off for the pen.
Dagdale

I dont know about all this what counters for a foul or not these days, personally think the game is too sensitive now and understand referees have a lot of pressure on them but tell me any match now that is is end to end stuff without blowing up for something, mostly trivial. Just watched Melbourne Victory v West Sydney Wanderers, on BT sport, best match I've seen for ages had anybody watching on their seats, even though most of us over here are neutrals, fantastic advert for how the game should be played, would love to see our League/s return to the hard physical game it once was, just throw the towel at any player doing the lunging two foot tackle or feigning injury to get another player sent off. Grew up watching Chopper Harris, Tommy Smith & Norman Hunter they wouldn't last a single match today, cant remember any fan leaving a game blowing his trumpet about 'over indulgence'.