John Still

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Alan

We haven't won at home for 8 months and we are on target for 27 points Sussex. What happened in seasons gone by is not going to save us this season.
leewilson

Diggerthedog wrote:
ARNU wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:Hate campaign? Never has been just admit defeat you have been wrong for the last two years. Your messiah has left the building and you no longer have to lick his ring piece. :P
The last 2 years we finished 14th and 9th.You were certainly wrong.

This season.....not so good.Time now for a change,not last year or the year before.
The first two seasons he got lucky as he had the remnants of what the previous manager left him, this is his first full season of his own team and it speaks volumes. He should never have been given the job and should have been sacked at least 4 or 5 times since then.

I have said it from day one, not a manager stick to coaching. Ask Grays and Fisher fans!
Generalisations like this irritate me. Still left him an utterly appalling squad. Our forward options were a disinterested Woodall, a broken Josh Scott, a not good enough Jake Reed and a past it Ben Strevens. Losing Gayle and Williams really buggered us up. Considering the amount of deadwood we had to clear, can we not just all agree Wayne did pretty well the next season. He brought in Hines and Murphy which were excellent signings that everybody said at the time would not have happened under Still. He also got the best out of Medy in a different role. If Hines and Murphy had stayed fit that season we may have reached the play offs. You need a bit of luck at times. The year we went up we barely had any injuries so things could have been very different if Benson, Green or Gain had picked up knocks.

Last season however, I'd say we recruited averagely with 1/2 gems in there. Unfortunately, this season, we lost the core of our team (which yes were brought here by Still but let's not forget how averagely we did with them in his last year or two in charge) and Wayne's recruitment in the summer was very disappointing.

It is his own fault that he's getting sacked but it does irritate me when people make out his entire reign to be a disaster because despite some noticeable shortcomings (home form/relationship with supporters) he is also responsible for keeping us in the league and finishing respectively for two seasons whilst improving our away record and getting us to the 3rd round of the cup this season. Clubs have and will make appointments that turn out far worse than Wayne has for us.

I wish him good luck for the future if the sacking stuff is true as people forget that before he was manager, he was a very well respected coach with us. Whilst it is the right time to go, he has been a contribution to us as a football league club.
DI Mike Dashwood

Spot on Lee (worryingly agreeing again).

Some of what has been said on here in the last few weeks about people at the Club, who are involved on and off the pitch, has been very short sighted, and shows people have short memories.
leewilson

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Spot on Lee (worryingly agreeing again).
Why worryingly? Have I done something in the past to upset/annoy you?

I always like your posts on here.
DI Mike Dashwood

Just jesting Lee. Your 54 page postings about systems and tactics are a think of the past now ;)

It will be interesting to see the reaction when (as it now seems like when) a new man comes in and struggles with this squad, against the reaction Wayne got dealing with the squad JS left him with in 2013??

I am still sceptical as to whether the JS thing will happen anyway. People are saying if he has been paid off by Luton etc, but it is not that simple. Normally you would continue to be paid by the previous employer for a certain period, BUT if you take other employment in that time you would stop being paid by the previous employer. Saying that, it was me who put this chain of events out there as a possibility after the original Whitehawk game (although now I am more doubtful)!!

I am guessing the delay in the announcement of Wayne's departure is down to the fact these sort of things (legal, financial etc) couldn't be finalised over the weekend.
leewilson

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Just jesting Lee. Your 54 page postings about systems and tactics are a think of the past now ;)

It will be interesting to see the reaction when (as it now seems like when) a new man comes in and struggles with this squad, against the reaction Wayne got dealing with the squad JS left him with in 2013??

I am still sceptical as to whether the JS thing will happen anyway. People are saying if he has been paid off by Luton etc, but it is not that simple. Normally you would continue to be paid by the previous employer for a certain period, BUT if you take other employment in that time you would stop being paid by the previous employer. Saying that, it was me who put this chain of events out there as a possibility after the original Whitehawk game (although now I am more doubtful)!!

I am guessing the delay in the announcement of Wayne's departure is down to the fact these sort of things (legal, financial etc) couldn't be finalised over the weekend.

Ahhh ok fair enough then. I'm pretty sure somebody used to read them and agree, surely. ;)
ARNU

My point almost exactly lee.

Burnett has run his course,hasnt any new ideas and most importantly has lost us, the supporters.He should go gracefully now.If anyone thinks whoever follows has got it easy they'd better prepare for more bumps in the road.

Not sure why all of a sudden Hackett and Currie would be any sort of answer.A new manager would certainly want his own team,these 2 aren't exactly brimming with talent in the management game.Hackett is as unpopular as Burnett right now.Currie,and I like the bloke a lot is still synonymous with no home wins all season.

It cant get any worse,get a new management team in and start from scratch.if we go down we go down.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mark

Do we really have to cover previous seasons again? He nearly took us down after inheriting a team in 16th. The calendar year 2014 was some of the worst football I've ever seen. And now we're even worse.

He should never have got a contract past the first 3 months and should've been sacked twice over since.
Diggerthedog

Mark wrote:Do we really have to cover previous seasons again? He nearly took us down after inheriting a team in 16th. The calendar year 2014 was some of the worst football I've ever seen. And now we're even worse.

He should never have got a contract past the first 3 months and should've been sacked twice over since.
15th actually but bad boy Johnny left him with a rubbish squad....
DI Mike Dashwood

Fair enough Mark, but I think it is a fair question which someone put out earlier to say, is 9th and 14th place not acceptable for a Club of our size/stature??

I am not saying he should not have gone before now or this that or the other, but is that not a fair question??

And that last game Stilly was in charge against AFC, we put in a quality display that day, oh yes, you could see we had a good team that afternoon!?!?!?
Mark

9th and 14th are very good in themselves and on paper look like a job well done. Can't argue with that. It's just what I've seen with my eyes over the last couple of years has left me pretty disillusioned.
Daggertilidie

No thank you .Please no J's.we need a total change no links to the Club perhaps Mark Arber in a coaching role alongside the manager
SUSSEX DAGGER

Just a thought , if this happen's would not be surprised if Paul Benson becomes his Jamie Cureton , in fact would not surprise me to see Danny Green either, hardly set the world alight has he without his mentor.
ThatRoundThing

Interesting to see on the Skybet list of managers in the running Mark Stimson. I have put his name forward on several threads going back as far as Burnetts last contract renewal.
He can manage on a low budget, has a great knowledge on lower league up and coming young players, contact throughout all levels of football, great motivator. Doing wonders at Thurrock considering how small a club they are. He also has a great coach working alongside him.

In fact I spoke to him after the Thurrock v Spurs legends Charity game late September, talking about the Spurs players past and present. I also jokingly told him to get over Dagenham and sort our team and club out.
He is in front of Darren on the betting.

He would most definitely be my 1st choice, as much as I like Stilly's friendly persona about the club and team , the many chats and banter I had with him and Terry, I don't want him back.
I want a new man behind the desk and out on the training pitch.