John Still

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mick

Anybody spot him at the game today?
Daggyjack

Would like to spot him in the dugout next week.
daggersjeff

Daggyjack wrote:Would like to spot him in the dugout next week.

As long as its not ours I don't mind!!!
ARNU

John Still gave us 3 years of misery akin to what we've got now before he ****** off.He had a well subsidised and paid for team this season and sat miserably in 17th place with good players and budget when they sacked him.He should come back for free if he truly gives a shit(Which he don't !) and pay us back the comp money luton got out of.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Adrian

ARNU wrote:John Still gave us 3 years of misery akin to what we've got now before he ****** off.He had a well subsidised and paid for team this season and sat miserably in 17th place with good players and budget when they sacked him.He should come back for free if he truly gives a shit(Which he don't !) and pay us back the comp money luton got out of.
I'm not sure that Still is the answer, but you do seem to have a very short memory when it come to him. You never seem to mention to mention the things he did achieve - the two promotions, the introduction and development of many players that went to to earn the club money.
dagger4eva

Short term to TRY to get us out the shit - YES

Anything more than that - NO

Johnny Stills barmy army
Diggerthedog

Adrian wrote:
ARNU wrote:John Still gave us 3 years of misery akin to what we've got now before he ****** off.He had a well subsidised and paid for team this season and sat miserably in 17th place with good players and budget when they sacked him.He should come back for free if he truly gives a shit(Which he don't !) and pay us back the comp money luton got out of.
I'm not sure that Still is the answer, but you do seem to have a very short memory when it come to him. You never seem to mention to mention the things he did achieve - the two promotions, the introduction and development of many players that went to to earn the club money.
He never saw Still achieve anything as he only started coming afte the play off win.
Grimsweeper

Years of misery under John Still?

2 promotions in 5 years?

Let's stick with your messiah ...2 in 22.

Your views are frankly astonishing and grow more preposterous with every post.
SteveW

Yeah let's bring him back to "his club" the club of his dad. He'd never leave us in the shit and move on for money cos this is "his club".

No problem with what he did in getting us to the FL and again to FL1, but don't make him out as some martyr.

The sound of him telling us it's his club still makes my stomach churn.
mickeyblue

yep id rather the manager ask radio stu what he wants to tell us fans aswell,

not many people that wouldnt bugger off for more money, just after having a player sold from under your feet aswell, one that was told was not going until so and so date.

6 months for stilly to do some miracle to keep us up then get a new manager to bring us into a new era. 6 months for the board to hopefully get the correct man.
but we finished 9th!
ARNU

Adrian wrote:
I have never hidden the fact he was a legend,I enjoyed the good times as much as every body else.We just kept him too long.He grew very tired and predictable and ran out of ideas.He took us as far as he could and he knew it.Letting him back would be unhealthy I think.He wouldnt have the desire and would probably bugger off again.Where are all these other hungry go getters people keep telling me about queuing up to take waynes Job ?
ARNU

Diggerthedog wrote:
Adrian wrote:
He never saw Still achieve anything as he only started coming afte the play off win.
Well that's wrong.

How would I have took this pic then Mr part timer ?
http://s3.postimg.org/q2gn3pa9v/Dag_Red12_2.jpg

Bet you was still at school !

Anyone know what game this was,who won and what year.Dont s'pose diggerthepart-timer will get it.
ARNU

Grimsweeper wrote:Years of misery under John Still?

2 promotions in 5 years?

Let's stick with your messiah ...2 in 22.

Your views are frankly astonishing and grow more preposterous with every post.
You aint reading the bits you like are you.I said I enjoyed the good times as much as anyone else.Stills last few years with us were shite,he'd run his course.Im also convinced now that wayne should go.He's lost the crowd.But lets not make another mistake by getting all nostalgic about a man that just got sacked for being shite with a good team and budget who this morning were 17th in this league.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Has anybody else cottoned onto the fact he is out of work because he has lost to or failed to beat the same teams that will cost Wayne Burnett his job.

At least Wayne can argue that he has not spent a shed load of money when and if the axe falls.

Admittedly I did give it some thought myself but you cant hide from the brutal facts that any move in this direction is frankly ludicrous.

God give me strength, who seriously believes he will get better results out of worse Players.

Said it before you cant boil the same cabbage twice.
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Has anybody else cottoned onto the fact he is out of work because he has lost to or failed to beat the same teams that will cost Wayne Burnett his job.

At least Wayne can argue that he has not spent a shed load of money when and if the axe falls.

Admittedly I did give it some thought myself but you cant hide from the brutal facts that any move in this direction is frankly ludicrous.

God give me strength, who seriously believes he will get better results out of worse Players.

Said it before you cant boil the same cabbage twice.
It's quite possible that he could get the best out of these players. It's likely that he'd look to get them playing simply and directly and may put and end to the crap of getting the ball to the edge of their area before eventually passing it back to our keeper. He may also take one look at some of the players and stop using them all together.

As for not boiling the same cabbage twice - Stills second spell with us was a complete disaster wasn't it?