BOTTOM

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
mickeyblue

him playing on the left mate had bugger all to do with his performance as we only attacked through the middle. both wingers only had scraps to deal with. but jones bottles alot and crowd are noticing

anyway it says alot when we have to play a rb at rm and he looks like one of best players.

20% of our squard are good enough the rest need to do 1 at a very quick pace and 20% is prob being kind
but we finished 9th!
Adrian

The problem with Jones was that he built up far too much by both the club and some of our supporters.

He was a breath of fresh air as he was raw and more direct than what we had - but that can be easily worked out by other clubs.
There is/was far too much expectation.
ARNU

Diggerthedog wrote:
ARNU wrote:Week in week out we see nothing different.We play the same way we lose the same way.The manager hides thru out the game and clearly has no plan.Only Labadie seemed to be trying no surprise he was man of the match.Jody Jones...lets sell him before whoever is remotely interested realises hes actually pretty shite.He did nothing and was rightly subbed.Burnett has to go now.
Jones is not shite he is a right winger not a left winger, manager has hung the kid out to try. Disgrace.
Id take your comments more seriously if you had actually been there and seen Jody do ****** all when he got the ball all day.Thats why he don't figure in a lot of games cos he's pretty crap as the rest of them.Not Burnetts fault if Jones loses the ball each time he gets it and cant beat his man all day is it ? Very average today at best.Boy in a mans world.Lets face it hes offered no more than Danny j green,Dom green and sean Shields before him.Blown up out of all proportion this kid.One day he'll do well but never in a daggers shirt.He'll play for Ebbsfleet one day maybe.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
mickeyblue

couldn't agree more adrian.

poor lad needs the move and we need cash for players manager etc so hopefully we get a decent enough offer
but we finished 9th!
leewilson

mickeyblue wrote:couldn't agree more adrian.

poor lad needs the move and we need cash for players manager etc so hopefully we get a decent enough offer
Jones is struggling because quite frankly he's playing in a rubbish team. He's not ready to be starting every week in the football league yet but put him in a free flowing confident side and I think he'd really blossom. I actually think one of the good things Wayne has done this season is not throw him in every week.
ARNU

leewilson wrote:
mickeyblue wrote:couldn't agree more adrian.

Jones is struggling because quite frankly he's playing in a rubbish team. He's not ready to be starting every week in the football league yet but put him in a free flowing confident side and I think he'd really blossom. I actually think one of the good things Wayne has done this season is not throw him in every week.
I agree lee.But Chambers would look good if he had the rest of the Barca team around him.Surely you have to have something about you when times are tough.What Jones did on the ball today and bottling tackles was all down to himself,dont matter how crap the others are,you can still shine your self.Labadie was todays daggers example of a battling player surrounded by dross.
stanton101

Jones is struggling because

A. Most sides have found him out, yes Wayne other teams managers use their scouts And have decided to double up on him. Which should in theory leave a space for Lionel Boucaud to exploit, or even the ball playing never used Raymond to utilise.

Or

B. Because for the most part us fans have been served up such utter shite all season, we possibly saw Jones as the one shining light in an otherwise very dark season, when in reality the real truth is, he's just very very average.
DaggerJoel11

ARNU wrote:Week in week out we see nothing different.We play the same way we lose the same way.The manager hides thru out the game and clearly has no plan.Only Labadie seemed to be trying no surprise he was man of the match.Jody Jones...lets sell him before whoever is remotely interested realises hes actually pretty shite.He did nothing and was rightly subbed.Burnett has to go now.
Pretty accurate apart from the Jodi Jones bit, as I reason that Jodie couldn't work his magic because he wasn't getting any service or supply. Although he should be adept to playing either side, he is a right winger, the position we've seen him flourish in so to put him out of position is quite ludicrous and we won't get the best out of him. In the second half we reverted to type and resorted to hoofing it to the smallest player on the pitch and ultimately lost 3-0. Jodi, still 18 and inexperienced may I add, has been the most innovative and creative player this season at times so to label him crap after one performance (where everyone wasn't up to standard except Labadie) is absolutely ridiculous. I think we all saw how integral Dunne is to our team.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Alan

Burnett is setting the team up too narrow and we not getting enough ball to the wingers. You can't blame wingers for not creating chances if they are not given the ball and license to run at players. And as an 18 year old learning the game, he must love hearing how the other team had better players than him.
SUSSEX DAGGER

What makes it worse is we are bottom in a very poor League.

Think this is born out when if you agree we are a very poor team then it is amazing that we have still been in games late on and had to wait until yesterday for our heaviest defeat of the season

We have lost to or drawn against some very poor teams. Hartlepool, Morecambe , Newport, Stevenage and York where there to be beat ,we did not and even managed to lose to two of them.

Will leave a very poor Yeovil out because we did turn up there with a bit of an injury crisis, what we can not forget is that along with Mansfield we let a two goal lead slip.

Add in the heartbreak of Plymouth , Wycombe and also to some extent Oxford you are looking at us being on 24 points minimum, halfway to safety and most Daggers being happy.

Take half the14 points dropped from winning positions and that would have been enough to keep most of us happy and look forward to the second half of the season with hope that we can survive.

Sadly when you look at the quality of teams we have failed to beat and lost to then all you can see is doom and gloom.
Dagdale

Sadly and so close to Xmas its gotta go down as the worse Saturday I've spent at a home game, and to make it heaps worse that's gotta go down as the worse interview I've ever heard a manager comment at the end of it all and not one bit did admit his failings which quite frankly us fans have witnessed far too long, how can you honestly say Bristol Rovers were a better side when our side did not put one ounce of effort to generate a decent win. If a player/s were 100% behind a manager would they turn out like that week in week out?? From a Gashead on a Bristol Rovers forum ' thats the easiest three goals I've seen in a game' , just about sums it all up! Only Labadie seems to be the only player shining during this awful time and at least making some good efforts, knight the GUY!
Chigwellian

Total U turn
ARNU

Chigwellian wrote:
Total U turn
A well thought out and balanced U turn though. I gave the guy every chance but now I feel its time for him to leave.Unlike a lot of people who hated him straight away. 9th and 14th weren't bad finishes at all,24th at xmas is poor,but we can get out of it.Wayne has no plan,lets try something else.
rebeldagger

Am I the only one that thinks he won't be sacked?

Yes I understand that we have the windfall from the FA Cup and Burnett is simply not preforming.

I too know that Still has be releived of his services and suddenly finds himself with some spare time.

Yet I still don't think Burnett will be sacked, I've seen nothing from the club that makes me think this will happen.

Or have I missed something entirely?
RampantDuke

rebeldagger wrote:Am I the only one that thinks he won't be sacked?

Yes I understand that we have the windfall from the FA Cup and Burnett is simply not preforming.

I too know that Still has be releived of his services and suddenly finds himself with some spare time.

Yet I still don't think Burnett will be sacked, I've seen nothing from the club that makes me think this will happen.

Or have I missed something entirely?
If the board didn't get the message in the top bar yesterday as they walked through and still choose to ignore it then they are in for a very tough 5 months ahead. For that reason I think they will do something this week. The abuse they will get each week will be pretty unbearable.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!