Everton Tickets

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
daggersjeff

I was standing with friends/family and had one cock who insisted he wanted to sit in that particular seat where I was standing...unfinished business there! :evil:
daggersjeff

Totally agree that at away games front seat rows should be reserved for those unable to stand/dont want to stand/have little kids/dont want to sing
Hardy1

I was situated in row M, about 4 seats from the Everton fans. I felt somewhat guilty about standing as a lady behind me didnt seem to be particularly steady on her feet but while others stand in front of you, what can you really do?

I felt sorry for those very close to the poles but that is just bad luck to get one of those seats. Mine were restricted view but a small move to the left or right solved that quite easily.

Some I was with thought the ground was a disgrace but IMO where we were situated was full of charm and history, wooden flooring and seats. A fantastic historic football ground oozing history. Its a shame they dont make them like that any more.
Chigwellian

I purchased my tickets on the Tuesday after they were released, and I got the lower tier, with no pillars, and a great view.
mickeyblue

GdadSteve wrote:Unfortunately, I missed the whole game due to the fact that I could not stand. We were in row M where there was a walk through and people were even standing there so that they could chat with their pals!

The smallest of my Grandsons was able to stand on his seat to see some action but, for me it was a waste of a day and £120!

Steve
gutted for you.

this is why i wanted to select own seats as there was a few elderly ladies etc around me which we moved to the front, i was only in row 3.
obviously i wanted to be further back.
if i was you steve i would of moved. there where a few spare seats around.
at the front was not the best for me either as me/boys prefer being near the noise even tho we make our own.
but we finished 9th!
matt_drfc

Our seats were at the front as we got our tickets the day they came out but never fussed about sitting in our own seats so we went further up the back so we weren't blocking anyone's view by standing the whole game.
Heathwaydagger

daggersjeff wrote:I was standing with friends/family and had one cock who insisted he wanted to sit in that particular seat where I was standing...unfinished business there! :evil:
Unfinished in which way??

Was that your allocated seat or this persons?
Auntie Merge

I kept asking the lads to my right to move so I could see. I think they were just standing in the gangway not their allocated seats.
I wanted (and really needed) to sit down but I was stuck. I was over one of the exits so I had a bar in front to support me but the only things I saw were because I was on tip-toes. It reminded me of the Ipswich home game, where the only thing I new about Junior scoring was everyone around me going crazy. That was the last home game where I stood on the terracing. I transferred into the Carling as I couldn't bear to miss anything else.

I also thought they were really good stewards though, who just let us get on enjoying the game.
DI Mike Dashwood

Did you get home ok Merge?? Was bit worried that Prosecco had gone to your head when you went down the wrong stairs at Euston!!!
Auntie Merge

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Did you get home ok Merge?? Was bit worried that Prosecco had gone to your head when you went down the wrong stairs at Euston!!!
I did get home okay - thanks for asking.

The prosecco had no affect on me, neither did the mojitos, but the sip of Carling I had somewhere in the middle went straight to my head!

I have 3 cans of Carling that belong to the train gang. I'll bring them to the Wycombe game (providing I haven't drunk them by then).
DI Mike Dashwood

Ha ha, no worries re the Carling Merge, stick em in your fridge and enjoy them chilled one evening after a day at work!!!

Shame to hear some people didn't have great view of game. In hindsight, and I am not sure how it could have been worked, it may have been better to sell the Upper Tier first, as a lot of people went to get tickets in first couple of weeks, and in many cases it appears to be those who got poor viewing.

We were in the second row, right at the very front, and had no obstructions, but being that low to the pitch it can be difficult to follow the play at times, but it was pretty good view. The stewards down where we were, were a very friendly and sensible bunch.
The Romford Dagger

Mark wrote:I was surprised they let us stand for the whole game. I just do whatever the people in front do in these situations. They stood so I did. If they'd sat I'd have sat. Do prefer standing though.

Not great for those who are unable to stand. Tbh they should keep the first two rows tickets for people who can't stand and then enforce it. There's no real other way - the people who can't stand are often several rows behind those who started it and then it's nearly impossible to deal with unless you start ejecting people.

Sorry to bring up Ipswich again but i have never been to an away game and seen anybody sitting.

Never. No matter where it is and we take 2000+ most weeks to be fair.

Stewards rarely ask for people to be seated.

Id have been surprised if anyone sat at goodison