Watching it on BT Sport 2 now

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Paul from Barking

We were WOEFULLY poor. Extrmely lucky to win and will undubtedly be stuffed by 8 or 10 goals by Everton's youth side (reserves & under 14s).

A complete shambles and a total joke
ARNU

Job well done I think.Well done wayne !!

A win is a win.Unless you really expected the same players to suddenly play like Barcelona I think you should just be happy with the result.

Who cares if we lose at Goodison ? Job done.

Now what if we could blag a draw at Everton. ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Get off Burnetts back for half an hour.You all thought he'd lose give him a little break even if its just till Saturday.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
lupins

We are a virtually bottom of the League side against a reasonably high flying non league outfit playing on an abysmal pitch
I thought we showed total commitment and effort and did well not to wilt or fold. If we had taken some openings that appeared it would have been more comfortable. The foul could have been ignored but there again the corner leading up to the equaliser wasn't a corner
There are several teams that could have lost that game, we didn't
Adrian

ARNU wrote:Job well done I think.Well done wayne !!

A win is a win.Unless you really expected the same players to suddenly play like Barcelona I think you should just be happy with the result.

Who cares if we lose at Goodison ? Job done.

Now what if we could blag a draw at Everton. ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Get off Burnetts back for half an hour.You all thought he'd lose give him a little break even if its just till Saturday.
There's only been one mention of Burnett in this thread and that was you.
No one has got on his back. That doesn't mean that the performance wasn't utter shit.
I don't believe he deserves any praise for managing to scrape past a team two divisions lower after extra time at all. Especially after the utter ****** wittery of taking Cureton with a few minutes to go.
Pondfield Dagger

rode our luck there big time.. in first half at one point whitehawk had 70% possession...well outplayed and they were defo more up for it...3 injured players in the first hour very cruel on whitehawk that killed them...but what a stroke of luck that was for burnett.......
CrownDagger

Who cares how we played. We just had to win and we did who cares how we done it?
Dagdale

Still scratching me head why Dunne got his marching orders? Scrappy game and glad its finally done and dusted, now lets all go up to Scouseland (weekender booked) and really enjoy it, great vibrant city with terrific pubs and create some noise in a fabulous stadium even if it'll look like a rugby score at the end.
Adrian

lupins wrote:We are a virtually bottom of the League side against a reasonably high flying non league outfit playing on an abysmal pitch
I thought we showed total commitment and effort and did well not to wilt or fold. If we had taken some openings that appeared it would have been more comfortable. The foul could have been ignored but there again the corner leading up to the equaliser wasn't a corner
There are several teams that could have lost that game, we didn't
The openings only appeared because they were throwing everything going at us. Thy certainly didn't appear due to any good play by us. That we didn't make anything of them just shows how poor the likes of Chambers and Hemmings are.
Adrian

CrownDagger wrote:Who cares how we played. We just had to win and we did who cares how we done it?
I do.
Paul from Barking

When someone is to be sent off for a 2nd caution, it is really bad practice to play advantage in the offender's opponents' half... If they had a man running into our penalty area to take a strike on goal - sure - let it run; but Dunne had fouled the opponent outside their box. Whether or not that foul was worthy of a 2nd caution or not is an argument in itself (I don't think it was)... but the bad practice was to allow play to go on, stopping the game for the 2nd foul and then cautioning & sending off the first offender. POOR REFEREEING
Adrian

Dagdale wrote:Still scratching me head why Dunne got his marching orders? Scrappy game and glad its finally done and dusted, now lets all go up to Scouseland (weekender booked) and really enjoy it, great vibrant city with terrific pubs and create some noise in a fabulous stadium even if it'll look like a rugby score at the end.
The ref should have booked Hemmings but seemed to mix the two up.
6 players booked isn't good.
Labadie has managed 5 in less than 15 games.
ARNU

Given Wayne is,lets be kind,not doing very well,given the players we have are probably the poorest we've had in all the time in lg 2 and given we all expected us to lose. I think its a job well done.Being fed up we won is rather selfish.Might be a turning point who knows.We asked...no told... Wayne he had to win.He won.Leave him alone for a week.If he wins again Saturday(Highly unlikely) leave him alone for another week.

Do well= Reward.
Do bad= get grief.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
mickeyblue

compared to 90% of games this season that was much much better. we still cant defend for shit tho.

widdowson not his best game but he in out of side so maybe that plays apart i dont know, why oh why he comes off the post i dont know for there goal, when he hit the post, our post at that what was he thinking, either goes high out for a corner away from the goal, or headed properly away which is diagonally out of area, pretty basic defending.

hemmings not his best game either, he seemed to not want the ball on a few occasions which is not like him

vassell great goal but im not impressed 1 little bit.

cureton was immense for a 40 year old to be playing like that

now lets get a flukey 1-0 win at everton and we can knight burnett and co!
but we finished 9th!
NBDag

ARNU wrote:Given Wayne is,lets be kind,not doing very well,given the players we have are probably the poorest we've had in all the time in lg 2 and given we all expected us to lose. I think its a job well done.Being fed up we won is rather selfish.Might be a turning point who knows.We asked...no told... Wayne he had to win.He won.Leave him alone for a week.If he wins again Saturday(Highly unlikely) leave him alone for another week.

Do well= Reward.
Do bad= get grief.
I don't think anyone is fed up that we won. I think people are fed up with the fact that it took two games and extra time for us to actually win. This should have been seen off in normal time twice. But we failed to keep ourselves together against non-league opposition on two occasions. Yes we got through- but that should have happened 2 weeks ago
Paul from Barking

If you look back at page 1 of this thread, I predicted we'd get caught and couldn't see the game out... annd as appears to happen every single week, we snatch a draw from the jaws of victory. We're just so lucky it wasn't a defeat!