Watching it on BT Sport 2 now

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

I was referring to Supporters mate but after seeing most games this season I can understand why you needed clarification. To be fair last two seasons we had a good vocal support down there but then again everybody in the team at least gave a toss , unlike this season when on occassions you could at least say that did not apply to half of them.

You never know a hangover from Everton of an extra 100 or so may make a hell of a difference
DI Mike Dashwood

Thing is with supporters Sussex, it would be difficult to say to a few people who like Dagenham but only really attend a few times a season for day out "oh, sack of Everton, lets get to Newport instead"!!!

I have gone through different phases, where I have done 50 games a season, and others where I have done 20 (probably nearer that these days). Not sure why people get so worked up over these things. That's life,. that's the way it is. Not sure a few clingers on at Everton are going to do anyone any harm are they!!!

Seems to be on here absolutely everything needs to be spun in a negative light these days!!
Woodford Dagger

Completely agree with the frustrations about closing the game off. Lost count how many times we got into a good position last night just for them to stop, look around and pass it sideways or backwards. There's no sense of urgency and no killer instinct, even if the have a punt it would be better than just slowing everything down, looking confused about what they should do next.
SUSSEX DAGGER

dagger4eva wrote:My revised take on last night for what it's worth.

The Ground. An absolute hell hole of a place, a few bus shelters splattered around, a Gillingham style away stand (how on earth did that not come tumbling down), a slopey, boggy old pitch that I'm amazed passes any footballing regulations. Wind, rain and a large, noisey, expectant home crowd.
Not that me or several others could complain as we happened to get in for Gratis (unintentionally)

It was pretty much all bang on set up for a Whitehawk win!

Negatives:
Officials were utterly dire, seemed incredibly bias - all the Whitehawk players seemingly had to do was look at the ref and he would award them a free kick.
Our inability to defend a lead AGAIN
Our inability to see out a game to the death AGAIN
Our inability to defend crosses and set pieces AGAIN
Our insistence on playing aimless hoof balls in the general direction of JC. Talk about play right into a conference south side's hands!
The bizarre substitutions. Boucard comes on gives away an attacking free kick right near the death from which they counter and almost snatch another equaliser.

Positives:
As mentioned by the others, the work ethic last night was quite monumental. Whilst ability, nous and gameplan was lacking the players certainly gave every drop of energy for the cause. That was absolutely not in question.

Cureton, astounds me game after game. Still so late on into the game he was full of running and causing loads of problems.

Cousins - hesitant at times on crosses but also made some top top drawer saves to keep our noses in front.

Some good noise and vocal support from our fans - got behind the players almost from start to finish. A few moans while we fell behind and some other obvious nervous tension amongst but in the main it remained positive throughout.

End of the day, we got through a tough match against more than adequate opponents and got the day out / big game / payday we all and the club has craved for a number of years now.

Nothing changes for me in terms of management - I still see it as a virtual lost cause and even after yesterday, there's next to nothing which gives me cause to suggest Wayne & Co. have what it takes to turn the most important aspect of our season (league form) around and with the news about Stilly being available now would use some of the money we've already made and are guaranteed to come to pay off and get the old master back in to kick some butt.

Last night told me we have the players (no doubt they have ability) AND the desire - they just need a bit of actual direction and man management and we will be more thank ok.
So there is at least a fiver the Club lost, how you expect them to ever afford to be able to carry out your wishes when you don't appear to have any sort of moral standing staggers me.
Corinthian

Plenty of clubs have been humbled by teams from the lower divisions in the FA Cup. It was never going to be plain sailing considering our form and the ambitions of Whitehawk. We were lucky to get get away with draw at home but we pulled it out of the bag last night in terrible conditions, in front of a very vocal crowd and the press and the neutrals wanting a scalp. We got through deservedly in my opinion. Passley worked hard in an unfamiliar position for this club and he scored an excellent goal. One of the things we have not had this season is midfielders going past our forwards and getting into the box which is how Passley scored. We all see the game differently but he did well imo. If Hemmings/Chambers had the confidence to do that and finish then I would be happy. One swallow does not make a summer Passley shows promise in that position . My main concern is the inconsistency of selection in the defensive line up in particular the centre back partnership and the goal keeper. We may all have our preferences but some consistency of selection is needed by the management. As Mark Arber said a few years back players at that level are going to make mistakes if they didn't they would be playing in the Premier League. Routinely dropping players because they make a mistake , making unenforced changes to the formation and the selection of players is not good for the team.
I liked the formation and selection last night ( I personally would choose Clevid over Nyron) but most of am well happy with last nights result and the Oxford and Plymouth matches give me a flicker of hope.
Up the Daggers