Marketing

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Alan

The club are subsidising coach travel and want our support at Whitehawk.

You wouldn't know it from the tweets and emails. I can see there's been a santathon, that I can get free delivery on any Daggers tat that I wish to purchase, and that I can watch the game in the bar, but no encouragement for us to go to support the team, is there?
SUSSEX DAGGER

More money to be made in 4 pints of beer then a fiver they make per head from the gate money I would suggest.

I am sorry but if you had any intention of going to Whitehawk then you would be fully aware of the so called good gesture by the Club , who I remind you have had either an unexpected windfull or consolation over this needless game.
bloke down the pub

Whos the Marketing Manager ?
Mike the Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:More money to be made in 4 pints of beer then a fiver they make per head from the gate money I would suggest.

I am sorry but if you had any intention of going to Whitehawk then you would be fully aware of the so called good gesture by the Club , who I remind you have had either an unexpected windfull or consolation over this needless game.
You are Steve Thompson, I claim my £5.
Alan

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:More money to be made in 4 pints of beer then a fiver they make per head from the gate money I would suggest.

Yeah, OK Sussex. Everything is awesome. You are like a North Korean press officer.
Kevin

SUSSEX DAGGER

Alan wrote:

Yeah, OK Sussex. Everything is awesome. You are like a North Korean press officer.
Don't get me wrong I agree with your sentiments but if we are going to attack the marketing let's do it in areas that will generate income.

A subsidised Coach that will in fact cost the Club nothing is not my idea of what needs addressing.

This season I have seen a Player in a Daggers shirt with his name miss-spelt

The last time I went into the CLUB SHOP , admitted it was some weeks ago , all that adorned the walls was three players who no longer play here wearing strips that were at least a year or more out of date.

With the effort that went into the new badge you would have thought current players in pictures wearing the current strip adorning the new badge would have been a must, perhaps I am asking to much
Alan

Agree with what you say, but if they want the team to be supported, you'd have thought encouraging them to attend a match that could generate 200k income if we win might be an idea.
speedy

Don't start me off regarding our club shop. What a ******** disgrace it is, hardly any stock, still selling stuff with the old badge on, piss poor excuses why they have no stock.
Went into the Crawley Town shop on Saturday, probably about the same size as ours although a totally different shape. It was stocked with absolutely everything from baby bibs to winter coats. They even had lunch boxes and coffee flasks. I asked one of the staff what happens if they sell out of something. Her reply was, we always make sure we have at least 3 of everything, we never sell out of anything.
We are lucky to have one of anything in our joke of a shop. Utter disgrace for a Football league club.
Mike the Dagger

speedy wrote:Utter disgrace for a Football league club.
Won't be an issue much longer!
Diggerthedog

speedy wrote:Don't start me off regarding our club shop. What a ******** disgrace it is, hardly any stock, still selling stuff with the old badge on, piss poor excuses why they have no stock.
Went into the Crawley Town shop on Saturday, probably about the same size as ours although a totally different shape. It was stocked with absolutely everything from baby bibs to winter coats. They even had lunch boxes and coffee flasks. I asked one of the staff what happens if they sell out of something. Her reply was, we always make sure we have at least 3 of everything, we never sell out of anything.
We are lucky to have one of anything in our joke of a shop. Utter disgrace for a Football league club.
We have back scratchers........but apparently golf umbrellas would not be viable.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Alan wrote:Agree with what you say, but if they want the team to be supported, you'd have thought encouraging them to attend a match that could generate 200k income if we win might be an idea.
I don't know how old you are Alan but this game for us brings back memories of that game England had with Poland in 1973 , a WORLD CUP QUALIFIER.

I remember the legendary Brain Clough throwing two six inch nails on the TVs studio desk saying I have brought these along to crucify Sir Alf if England don't win tonight.

Perhsps the Board are apprehensive as the team were in the first game of a drubbing and don't want a repeat of Southport last season.

Who's bringing the nails ?
Mike the Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Alan wrote:Agree with what you say, but if they want the team to be supported, you'd have thought encouraging them to attend a match that could generate 200k income if we win might be an idea.
I don't know how old you are Alan but this game for us brings back memories of that game England had with Poland in 1973 , a WORLD CUP QUALIFIER.

I remember the legendary Brain Clough throwing two six inch nails on the TVs studio desk saying I have brought these along to crucify Sir Alf if England don't win tonight.

Perhsps the Board are apprehensive as the team were in the first game of a drubbing and don't want a repeat of Southport last season.

Who's bringing the nails ?
To be fair, if Wayne was a dog, he would be put down to end his suffering, and to save those that love the Daggers from watching that suffering.

It is the humane thing to do.

BTW I'm old enough, and even Sir Alf ran out of rope in the end. You can't keep living on past glories for ever. World Cup wins or streaky 9th place finishes in League Two.
Alan

I was born 2 years before that, so no clear memory!

I have now received 4 emails in the past 24 hours telling me about free delivery on daggers tat.

You wait, now we are barely 24 hours before the game they will plug the coaches.