Daft as a brush

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Dawned on me just how many daft things seem to of come out of our management' mouths:-

Here's my starter for 10.. feel free to add away .....

* "That was pathetic" - Wayne Burnett after the 2-0 HOME WIN vs Wycombe :lol:

* "I turned to Darren & said that was a bad thing for us" - Wayne Burnett discussing Shrewsbury going down to 10 men & still managing to come back from 1-0 down to win 2-1. :lol:

* "We are slight underdogs" - Darren Currie discussing the club's chances against Semi-Professional, Part Time, Non League, Whitehawk FC. :lol:
admin
Site Admin

Last one isn't daft at all. We are underdogs on Wednesday night. It shouldn't be like that, but it is like that
Mike the Dagger

"Being in possession caused us problems" - Darren Currie after the Whitehawk game (they are TWO LEAGUES below us).
dagger4eva

Really? How do you come to the conclusion that we should be underdogs?

D&R: Full Time / Whitehawk: Park Time:

D&R: Professional / Whitehawk: Semi Professional

D&R: League 2 / Whitehawk: Vanarama South.

D&R: Train almost every day / Whitehawk: Train twice a week

D&R: Total wage budget probably 2 or 3 times greater than Whitehawk

Current Match Odds: D&R: 11/8 / Whitehawk: 9/5

Shall I continue ??
ARNU

I think it was said on TV that Whitehawks players had more league experience than the Dagenham side.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
dagger4eva

Players with Premier League / Top flight experience: D&R 4 / Whitehawk 0

Players with international experience: D&R 4 / Whitehawk 0
Alan

dagger4eva wrote:Really? How do you come to the conclusion that we should be underdogs?

Shall I continue ??
Not sure the wage budget is true. They have a lot of players who have dropped down from league 1/2 and it's hard to see why so many would for less money.
Last edited by Alan on Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diggerthedog

Alan wrote:
dagger4eva wrote:Really? How do you come to the conclusion that we should be underdogs?

Shall I continue ??
Not sure the wage budget is true. They have a lot of players who have dropped down.
Doubt they have a wage bill of £1m like ours. They average 200 odd.
Alan

And they have 2 sugar daddies.
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote:
Alan wrote:
Not sure the wage budget is true. They have a lot of players who have dropped down.
Doubt they have a wage bill of £1m like ours. They average 200 odd.
I had heard that they have a Graham Westley/FarnboroughTown arrangement with the owner who bankrolls them.
Mike the Dagger

Surprised our clowns have never used this one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35092277
dagger4eva

Average attendances:

D&R: 1995

Whitehawk: 261

I wont even comment on payments made to us by the FL for being a league 2 club vs what Whitehawk get or probably dont get for being in their league

But we are still the underdogs right???
SUSSEX DAGGER

Shall I continue ??
By myself and admin knew this was going to be no walk in the park the moment the draw was made.

But try this for size.

Whitehawk Manager said after their game Saturday he will make 9 changes Wednesday, he obviously knows his best team. Ours clearly does not.

Whitehawk in the first game grew in confidence as the game wore on, D and R despite being in the lead were shaking like shiting dogs long before their equaliser. Expect the same Wednesday if we do not take complete control.

In the first game yes they played football at times but they put balls into the box trying to find players who had the physical attributes I.e height. We played hoofball upto one of the smallest players on the pitch.

Whitehawk Players look like they know where they should be playing , ours don't.

Whitehawk play to their strengths we don't.

Whitehawk will use the u usual conditions to their advantage.

Whitehawk look prepared to have a crack at goal at every opportunity, we are shot shy.

Whitehawk play with belief and passion , we don't.

Whitehawk defenders did the basic first game, we did not and have not for a very very long time.

The list is endless and for many reasons the bookies odds are wrong. That does not mean The Daggers can't win but it still makes the odds Wrong in my book
Mike the Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
By myself and admin knew this was going to be no walk in the park the moment the draw was made.

But try this for size.

Whitehawk Manager said after their game Saturday he will make 9 changes Wednesday, he obviously knows his best team. Ours clearly does not.

Whitehawk in the first game grew in confidence as the game wore on, D and R despite being in the lead were shaking like shiting dogs long before their equaliser. Expect the same Wednesday if we do not take complete control.

In the first game yes they played football at times but they put balls into the box trying to find players who had the physical attributes I.e height. We played hoofball upto one of the smallest players on the pitch.

Whitehawk Players look like they know where they should be playing , ours don't.

Whitehawk play to their strengths we don't.

Whitehawk will use the u usual conditions to their advantage.

Whitehawk look prepared to have a crack at goal at every opportunity, we are shot shy.

Whitehawk play with belief and passion , we don't.

Whitehawk defenders did the basic first game, we did not and have not for a very very long time.

The list is endless and for many reasons the bookies odds are wrong. That does not mean The Daggers can't win but it still makes the odds Sri g in my book
All true.

So Sussex, are you still backing the manager that has no idea of tactics, his best 11, can't even get them playing with a bit of guts?
dagger4eva

As the old saying goes… you never see a poor bookie!

I don’t believe there was a single D&R supporter who imagined it would be a “walk in the park” having drawn Whitehawk, but for the huge list of reasons I’ve already listed, still fail to see how we should be considered underdogs.

And for all the things you just lifted – that comes from one place, and one place only.

Anyway, any more for any more with the daft comments?? :mrgreen: