Burnett Poll - lets try this AGAIN

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Well that's 92% of 30 + people!
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote:Well that's 92% of 30 + people!
Doesn't matter as "many of those posting on the forum don’t even come to the games" so I'm told.
bloke down the pub

Won't go till he's gone.
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Doesn't matter as "many of those posting on the forum don’t even come to the games" so I'm told.
And the reason they don't go is because of the tripe served up! Me included even though I have a season ticket.
ARNU

Diggerthedog wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:
And the reason they don't go is because of the tripe served up! Me included even though I have a season ticket.
Yeah that's a great way to protest,pay them up front in full non refundable,dont turn up at games and snipe from your computer screen on a board not read by the club or its board members about a game or incidents you didn't even witness.Still 1400 turning up and paying on the gate yesterday.

So fine,thats your (Ineffective) way of protesting but surely you cant be taken seriously as a protester unless you turn up.You need numbers to not show for your kind of protest to work.That clearly isn't happening.Now if just 500 daggers turned up at the Bristol Rovers game that'd be protest until then at least you aren't winding yourself up on a matchday like the rest of I s'pose.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
IanC

Gotta say arnu that is a fabulous post and I agree,don't matter how shite it gets I would never abandon my team.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well said Arnu and I C

Things are desperate but you will never get shot if that is your aim to deny the Club Finances they need to even consider such action
ARNU

IanC wrote:Gotta say arnu that is a fabulous post and I agree,don't matter how shite it gets I would never abandon my team.
I just don't think his protest is registering the way he's doing it(He is of course permitted to protest anyway he sees fit within the rules of the law).The most effective protest is always silently with your feet in these circumstances but you need a large number to participate and most importantly in Diggerthedogs case...not pay up front for games you intend to boycott.I didnt and still don't agree with the "A4" protest but it did register feeling as did Merges banner,primarily because those people attended to make the protest in the 1st place.If a 100 or so people dotted around the ground had a bit of A4 it would make much more impact, especially if they are seen as regular attenders rather than just troublemaking for one game.
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:
I just don't think his protest is registering the way he's doing it(He is of course permitted to protest anyway he sees fit within the rules of the law).The most effective protest is always silently with your feet in these circumstances but you need a large number to participate and most importantly in Diggerthedogs case...not pay up front for games you intend to boycott.I didnt and still don't agree with the "A4" protest but it did register feeling as did Merges banner,primarily because those people attended to make the protest in the 1st place.If a 100 or so people dotted around the ground had a bit of A4 it would make much more impact, especially if they are seen as regular attenders rather than just troublemaking for one game.
Given you have now reverted to the "dark side" (I think, struggling to keep up TBH) it seems that your leadership and tactical protesting skills are required here Mr ARNU. Organise the protest and get rid of the clown and we will name the Bury Road End terrace roof after you once it's all over.
dagger4eva

Changes tune more times than the Eastbrook juke box!
ARNU

Mike the Dagger wrote:
ARNU wrote:
Given you have now reverted to the "dark side" (I think, struggling to keep up TBH) it seems that your leadership and tactical protesting skills are required here Mr ARNU. Organise the protest and get rid of the clown and we will name the Bury Road End terrace roof after you once it's all over.
Not sure Im struggling to keep up.More,giving Mr Burnett the greatest benefit of doubt.What Im not seeing is any change in tactics.Im seeing a change in team selection every game but the same old tired ineffective tactics.Yesterday was the same as all the other dissapointments,hold on or take the lead and concede in injury time,hoof to midget Cureton and bring on an ineffective sub 10 mins before the away team get an equaliser.Then listen to WB state the bleedin obvious that we were poor for 60 minutes of the game.Id love him still to turn it round but I actually am starting to think my trust is misplaced now.We dont change anything tactically.Im sure if I sat down with him myself and we had this conversation he'd just get angry with me too.(That'd be silly but there you go)

I wont be leading any protest,just reluctantly accepting that maybe his time is very close to up.A loss away at Whitehawk will not be acceptable in any way.I actually believe they'd sack him if we lose that so any protest would be unnecessary.
ARNU

dagger4eva wrote:Changes tune more times than the Eastbrook juke box!
No.I think I've been quite consistent.

Giving someone an overly fair chance before changing ones point of view is a quality I'm pleased to possess.The fact I can change it so publicly is also one Im not ashamed of.Not totally there yet by the way.This Whitehawk replay is the deal breaker though.
dagger4eva

Ok fair response but genuine question... WHY, is the whitehawk replay a deal breaker for you?
According to Burnett, Whitehawk are slight favourites for the game so isnt it unfair for a deal breaker game to be one were an underdog in?

*trying to keep a straight face whilst typing that*
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:
Not sure Im struggling to keep up.More,giving Mr Burnett the greatest benefit of doubt.What Im not seeing is any change in tactics.Im seeing a change in team selection every game but the same old tired ineffective tactics.Yesterday was the same as all the other dissapointments,hold on or take the lead and concede in injury time,hoof to midget Cureton and bring on an ineffective sub 10 mins before the away team get an equaliser.Then listen to WB state the bleedin obvious that we were poor for 60 minutes of the game.Id love him still to turn it round but I actually am starting to think my trust is misplaced now.We dont change anything tactically.Im sure if I sat down with him myself and we had this conversation he'd just get angry with me too.(That'd be silly but there you go)

I wont be leading any protest,just reluctantly accepting that maybe his time is very close to up.A loss away at Whitehawk will not be acceptable in any way.I actually believe they'd sack him if we lose that so any protest would be unnecessary.
It was me struggling to keep up with all the flip flopping like you are doing the hokey cokey.

I'd suggest you look at the pictures of the reaction to the penalty at Morecambe in viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1555.

If you can put that lack of reaction by any of our team when O'Brien saves is down to lack of money or lack of ambition from the board then I suggest you stay loyal to the great man. If not, and its lack of motivation, coaching, fear of the bollocking they are going to get or any kind of collective responsibility from the team, then surely he has to go.

Fair?