Let's raise some funds

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RayleighDagger1986

If the club has no money to get rid of WB, then it's down to us fans to start raising funds.
You hear of stories involving fans raising money for players wages/fees so let's start the opposite. Can it be done?
Grimsweeper

If Burnett has been given a contract the club cannot afford to pay off then the folks giving him the contract are mismanaging just as badly as him.

BO
Alan

I did think about crowd funding for this!
ARNU

Im not sure the club couldn't afford to pay him off you know.They just don't want to.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
dagger4eva

It will take somewhere in the region of 100k so it aint happening any time soon!

And the man certainly has no pride or dignity to walk away.

Shameful
RayleighDagger1986

Is it possible though?
dagger4eva

No
RayleighDagger1986

So we just sit back and watch our club die
dagger4eva

No but come on how the ****** do you think its gonna be possible in the slightest to raise enough to pay not 1, but 3 stooges out of a 1 1/12 remaining contract.

Decent sentiment but it aint happening
RampantDuke

ARNU wrote:Im not sure the club couldn't afford to pay him off you know.They just don't want to.
You hit the nail on the head there pal. Thommo has never sacked a manager and I honestly don't think he would know where to start. The policy here is keep fingers crossed, bury head in sand and hope for the best. The one thing I don't get though is that each week of this shit we lose 30-40 more fans. It's going to be hard enough next season with Wham going to Stratford without us playing the kind of football that turns the fans away in their droves. That means less money on the gate so surely keeping Burnett is a false economy anyway? Imagine how many fans would come back if we got a decent manager who could get this team playing again?
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
SUSSEX DAGGER

dagger4eva wrote:No but come on how the ****** do you think its gonna be possible in the slightest to raise enough to pay not 1, but 3 stooges out of a 1 1/12 remaining contract.

Decent sentiment but it aint happening
Just a thought but with the messiah being one step closer to the sack today if you are going to play hoofball you might as well get somebody in to advise these , no dagger4eva I refuse to say it, who Knows how to play it.

The cheaper option may be the lad who sat on their bench today who clearly had a better idea of how to play it and defend it.

Not only was our team out battled and out played by a team who are going top work in the morning our Management were clearly out manoeuvred as well.

As for funds think we made a few quid today 1900 n, do me a favour
PaulHornchurch

We have 2 potential windfalls coming. One is the sale of JJ, but nobody would want to use that money towards paying off Management.

However a plum 3rd Round draw away at a Premier League team might be the answer. You could make a change this week, give the new man Sat & hope he can win replay, giving you that 3rd tie and can repay any monies used to part company with Management Team.

So let's see if the ball starts rolling at 7pm tonight
Diggerthedog

Raise some funds so Thommo can pay himself a wage and claim the glory of MBE's for running a shitty little football club? Nah your alright.

I have not been now for about two months except the Luton game to join the protest. I won't be back anytime soon. Vote with your feet people it's the best option.
TomMc

Diggerthedog wrote:claim the glory of MBE's for running a shitty little football club?
He got his MBE for his services to sport and young people in the borough.
OBD

dagger4eva wrote:It will take somewhere in the region of 100k so it aint happening any time soon!
£100k!?

How much would a hitman cost..?
@OfficialBigDave