Boucaud Watch

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Alan

Started him in 17 games:
W0 (0%) D8 (47%) L9 (53%)

He's not started 10 games:
W5 (50%) D1 (10%) L4 (40%)
Corinthian

He certainly had a shocker this afternoon!
dagger4eva

Its the sheer fact the stooges seem so desperate to accommodate him - regardless of what his inclusion does to the team.
A total joke situation!!

As a fellow fan said to me earlier, players like poor Frankie Raymond must be scratching their bloody heads!
RayleighDagger1986

Surprisingly not many do get a real chance. I mean Goldberg never got a look in, Wilkinson was sold and how I look back and think how he could have done a decent job ahead of that twat from Torquay.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Left foot to right foot , right foot to left foot turned and passed either backwards or sideways and more often then not gave the ball away.

He was not the only one , look at the goal they scored, an Irish Under 21 International was turned inside out by a part time player who trains I understand twice a week. Well the future of Irish Football can not be that bright.

Fair play to the lad he is still young but come on this is his third season at this level and that winger made him look stupid.

When your full back gets turned as easy as that then your Centre Half's surely have to go and win the ball when its crossed in, looking at the replay their lad reacted quicker and got their first simple as.

Doidge only on the pitch 90 seconds first thing he did was put their player on the floor and at least looked like he knew what the situation needed. Sadly he played 90 seconds and not 90 minutes.

Sorry I am getting angry now a 1000 miles I have travelled this week and I do not think I have seen two more shameful performances.

If our Management had any guts I would have them lazy frauds working in a charity shop this week or better still get them to clean shit out of cookoo clocks.

Utterly contemptible
Auntie Merge

Alan wrote:Started him in 17 games:

Any chance you can do these stats for the rest of the team?
Then pass them to Burnett.
The stats are likely to give him an idea of who his best starting 11 should be as he definitely doesn't have a clue
Himself.

#BURNETTOUT
stanton101

I've been praying for Frankie Raymond to get his chance, but it don't happen. Not only does Diego Boucaud get the nod over him time and time again, he's given the captains armband to boot!! ******** outrageous. I'm constantly baffled as to how he even gets a start tbh. He simply offers nothing.
Diggerthedog

Look at the goal just before he had a very easy opportunity to clear it from the box and he fluffed it. Somes him up completely.
Lcbdagger

Boucard is the only player we have whip could stop a certain goal from going in with a diving, goal line challenge... Then take three touches and let them score rather than clearing the ball! So frustrating to watch...

Saying that, no worse than repeatedly trying to watch Nyron stop a moving ball in the second half... Was he wearing studs???!!!
Mike the Dagger

That is so damning TBH. Anyone who has those stats surely would have to act on them. So does Wayne, or one of his many assistants, not check that sort of stuff? Or are they so bull headed that they know this and still decide to play Boucaud anyway?

Way back in 2001 the Daggers took a team to Premier League Charlton in the FA Cup, and the Charlton manager, a guy called Alan Curbishley, played pretty much his first team including some very skillful and fancy players who got swamped by the sheer guts and commitment of the part timers from little Dagenham & Redbridge. They just about got away with being battered with a spawny equaliser and changed the team for the replay to a bunch of grafters and battlers and just about clung on to a 1-0 win in extra time.

Here in 2015, Wayne Burnett played Boucaud in this game, which was calling out for us to have battlers all over the pitch, to have a proper plan to stretch the part time team and get behind them. The result of Boucaud playing was that we had no-one effectively playing wide right for Christ's sake. I presume Labadie was supposed to be there, but he naturally drifted in and had his worst game for us since coming back as a result.

So we hung on to a spawny 1-1 draw at home. Will the lesson be learnt for the replay? Will we play 11 with guts and heart for the inevitable fight that that game will become? Do we even have 11 with guts and heart for the fight?

I totally despair right now. BTW, it just took a look at the team sheet to know we had no balance in the side. Now I am not a professional coach with badges, or paid to set up a football team, but I saw it, my mates saw it, and we demonstrated it on the pitch graphically for most of the game yesterday. The man is tactically clueless. That isn't budget issues or being told 22nd in League Two is good enough, it is just a fact.

HE HAS TO BE GOT RID OF AND FAST!
TomMc

Mike the Dagger wrote:

That is so damning TBH.
Not that I disagree with you, but wasn't Gareth Bale on the non-winning side for something like his first 25 games for Spurs?
Mike the Dagger

TomMc wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:

That is so damning TBH.
Not that I disagree with you, but wasn't Gareth Bale on the non-winning side for something like his first 25 games for Spurs?
Boucaud has played nearly 60 games for us, and is Burnett's captain...

When he went down injured late in the game, someone round us shouted "finish him off". Sadly he got up and carried on.
mickeyblue

cannot put the blame firmly on boucard here as he dont select the team.

its pretty simple go 433 or 442 if we go 433 we have 2 wingers, if we go 442 we have 2 bloody wingers.

playing 1 winger with vassell in no mans land just made it easy for halks to double up on jones.

1 simple sub at half time would of sorted this and it was clear to see to all.

id possable side with the 433 with jones and hemmings on either wing and give them some freedom uptop

but what we know hey
but we finished 9th!
Mike the Dagger

Nobody is blaming Boucaud. however we are back where we were last season with Brian Saah. Both captain of the side, appointed by Burnett (Abu was injured), therefore first name on the team sheet and an obvious liability most weeks. That is down to the manager.

Boucaud is a good footballer, lots of skill, but he's not a "soldier" you'd want next to you in a battle, which is where we are right now. He can't play in a two in midfield as we have seen demonstrated many times, so we have to play three to accomodate him, that limits our options in formation. JC is most likely to score so he plays most games too, but he's a munchkin in the land of the giants and so we can't just lump it up and hope it sticks. If we play two up and three in midfield we get narrow like yesterday, although probably Labadie or Vassell were supposed to be wide right maybe, difficult to tell TBH.

Alan posted the side most of us would have played yesterday before the game.
Alan wrote:Cousins
Passley Obileye Dikamona Connors
Jones Dunne Labadie Hemmings
Cureton Vassell

Use the width and attack.
I guess as Hemmings wasn't in the squad yesterday that he is injured, so may Chambers would have had to play, or we could have given Mulraney another go. However, that is a balanced side, with width, a threat, and no Boucaud.

This is not rocket science, or needing some kind of immense degree of tactical knowledge to get right.

Burnett however is a ******** idiot sadly, and he's taking us down unless he gets a massive stroke of luck like he did last year when he loaned in an unknown in Ayo and coupled with Doey it sorted everything at the back and the rest clicked as a result. Time is running out to do it again.
Voice of reason

Pretty constructive and sensible suggestions
Mulraney has gone back to QPR after his loan expired btw