Whitehawk views on Sunday

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
durnzo

Sounds like there's going to be a double annoying racket coming from the right on Sunday. Hopefully the sieve can carry on where it left off against Plymouth.

Come on you daggers!!!!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Am I the only one who thinks as a Club we are being a bit mean spirited by not allowing them their drums and horns that the Manager makes reference to.

Thought that was what the FA Cup was all about , the underdog enjoying their day out.

Sounds like we are in for a little bonus gate wise, would have been nice for them to participate in creating an atmosphere.

Sorry but this sounds a little bit officious to me.
dagger4eva

I agree sussex.
Just listened to those interviews and is certainly a shame were stopping to help them have a bit of a party in the stand and create an atmosphere. It certainly is what the FA cup should all be about, especialy where it comes to lower / non league clubs.

Nevertheless, cannot wait for tomorrow now!!!
Sagres

That's the spirit!!

Is the season to be jolly iaiaiaia.......

In all seriousness - Football League ground regulations
Phippo

I reckon the away support could be boosted by quite a few neutrals come Sunday. Will be disappointed if the gate is less then 2500. This could be a game with a few goals in it (cue the 0-0 draw). Money wise a draw could put a few more quid in our coffers, and we are better away from home results wise (well at least we have managed to win)! Doubt if Wayne has watched Whitehawk as often as Steve King has seen us play?
mickeyblue

you will be disappointed then as there be closer to 2k support than 2.5k.

to not let them have trumpets etc is prob to our favour, isit a rule where you cannot have drums etc in a seated area?.

hope vassell can play

433 i can see us playing tho with our giant striker uptop.
but we finished 9th!
Tomthedagger

I'm hoping for a great game tomorrow with lots of goals so we can grab the interest of a few younger fans and some floating neutrals.

One thing I never really 'got' though is the club giving away supporters the Traditional builders stand, it gives the away team the edge when it comes to making noise due to its acoustics. And with a team as noisy as Whitehawk it could be our undoing tomorrow, hopefully I am wrong.
Diggerthedog

We will be lucky if there are 1500 in total tomorrow. Think they will have 400 the rest 1100 max home fans. Will save my money for old Trafford away next round 8-)
The Romford Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote:We will be lucky if there are 1500 in total tomorrow. Think they will have 400 the rest 1100 max home fans. Will save my money for old Trafford away next round 8-)
You'd need to save as well. 45 quid they charges us (Ipswich) for the carling cup. Good night tho.

Any prem team awat or evem championship away would be a good draw if whitehawk are beaten imo
Alan

Do Lincoln city still have that poxy air raid siren that they used to sound when they had an attacking throw in?
TheLion

I will be interested in how many Whitehawk bring up for the game. They are a poorly supported Conference South team. (20th out of 22 teams)

Their average home attendance this season is 261 which of course includes away supporters!
Diggerthedog

TheLion wrote:I will be interested in how many Whitehawk bring up for the game. They are a poorly supported Conference South team. (20th out of 22 teams)

Their average home attendance this season is 261 which of course includes away supporters!
They have sold 3 coach loads so that's minimum 150 I would say double it and add a few more.
Sagres

TheLion wrote:I will be interested in how many Whitehawk bring up for the game. They are a poorly supported Conference South team. (20th out of 22 teams)

FA Cup 1st Round

Whitehawk v Lincoln

ATT: 1342
admin
Site Admin

Alan wrote:Do Lincoln city still have that poxy air raid siren that they used to sound when they had an attacking throw in?
I went Lincoln vs Hereford in the conference a couple of years ago and there's nothing like that then