Prediction v Whitehawk

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
stanton101

After gutsy displays recently against top half sides we were well and truly brought back down to earth by Morecambe on Tuesday, by all accounts we got what we deserved, nothing! And so we move on to the FA Cup this Sunday and play host to non league Whitehawk and a potential money spinning 3rd round tie awaits the winner. On paper we should win, but I thought that last year and look what happened! Will we be in the draw for the 3rd round, I think so, but in true Daggers fashion I don't think for a minute we'll make it easy for ourselves.

Wayne the tinker man's XI 4 Whitehawk 3
JC (3)
Dunne

Att. 1,956 (300)
admin
Site Admin

I'm litterally treating this as our biggest game of the season, I can't believe I'm saying that. Very worried about it. A game we should be winning but with a shaky season, a strong Whitehawk side and the fact that they have already caused one upset leaves me very nervous. If we win though the rewards could be amazing.

I reckon we will do it though but I'm not treating it as conclusion.

Think Whitehawk will take more than 300 tbh and we won't have as many as 1600.
PaulHornchurch

This is going to be down to the players. Whitehawk are a decent side, with good players, who I don't expect to freeze as the crowd occasion is nothing new to any of them. Now working in this League, crowds at Maidstone and Ebbsfleet are bigger and in truth more noisier than ours.

Wayne and the MT will be banging into them all week not to think this is a stroll. The prize could be enormous both financially for the Club and exposure for the players. Ask the Whitehawk midfielder Sergio Torres what his performance against Man Utd did for him.

There players are decent, well paid and are 100% desperate to have a crack at a Premier side. Let's hope ours feel the same at 2pm Sunday
The Romford Dagger

You make it sound like we are at a par with them. Two divisions above and home advantage (supposedly) says we should beat them.

Im going for a 3-1 win in what is arguably our biggest game since York city at home on the last day three seasons(?) ago

Edit - this was supposed to be in reply to PaulHornchurch
NickMurphy

They might be two divisions below and I agree we should be beating them, but they have some very good players who could and maybe should be playing league football.

1-1, replay on BT Sport.
The Romford Dagger

NickMurphy wrote:They might be two divisions below and I agree we should be beating them, but they have some very good players who could and maybe should be playing league football.

1-1, replay on BT Sport.
Whilst these are decent players (no arguments here),they still cocouldn't get out of Conference South so can't be that good as a side. No?
AVincelotFlyingLeap

1-0 off Cureton's Arse and then man united away
bloke down the pub

We won't win ,WB will make sure of that . We win. We get some money. WB is saked !
Kevin

bloke down the pub wrote: WB is saked !
Wayne Burnett getting smashed on Japanese rice wine would certainly explain some of his baffling team selections/tactics/signings/choice-of-captain..

:D
bloke down the pub

Kevin wrote:
bloke down the pub wrote: WB is saked !
Wayne Burnett getting smashed on Japanese rice wine would certainly explain some of his baffling team selections/tactics/signings/choice-of-captain..

:D
H.......A
stanton101

bloke down the pub wrote:We won't win ,WB will make sure of that . We win. We get some money. WB is saked !
I don't know about Wayne making sure we won't win. But I have to admit the old cynic in me wouldn't be against betting he wouldn't be too miffed if we didn't go through, precisely for the reasons you've mentioned.
ARNU

stanton101 wrote:
bloke down the pub wrote:We won't win ,WB will make sure of that . We win. We get some money. WB is saked !
I don't know about Wayne making sure we won't win. But I have to admit the old cynic in me wouldn't be against betting he wouldn't be too miffed if we didn't go through, precisely for the reasons you've mentioned.
Why would he not want to win ? Even if it meant a payoff ?? A year and a halfs money for nothing and no more grief.Gift horse...Mouth !! He'd want to win more than anything surely.I don't buy into all this we win and he gets payed off bollox by the way.You can say what you want about him but you cant say he doesn't care.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Alan

Agree with arnu. He will want to win, he will be thinking (rightly in my view) that if he wins this and we get a good draw then he will get money to sign somebody new.
bloke down the pub

ARNU wrote:
stanton101 wrote:
Why would he not want to win ? Even if it meant a payoff ?? A year and a halfs money for nothing and no more grief.Gift horse...Mouth !! He'd want to win more than anything surely.I don't buy into all this we win and he gets payed off bollox by the way.You can say what you want about him but you cant say he doesn't care.
If he cared. He would leave
SUSSEX DAGGER

After Tuesday night , it all depends how we defend as a clean sheet by our improving defence will at least give us a second chance.

Don't know if they had anybody watching Tuesday night , I hope they did not because what they saw is not going to worry them in the least.

Let's hope we get a 0-0 here and in the replay , that way Liam O'BRIEN/ Mark Cousins can do their stuff and not have to rely on their team mates to do their job. A

At the penalty shoot out they can stand and watch on the halfway line as opposed to the edge of the penalty box.