We Have 10 points....

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Masked Man

... More than I had expexted us to have at this point.... Well done... Now lets get to 50 and breath out....
ARNU

Didn't we breathe out at 50 last season then couldn't buy a win for ages followed by near relegation on the last day.Get 60 under our belt then go hell for leather to the play-offs more like.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Phippo

Masked Man wrote:... More than I had expexted us to have at this point.... Well done... Now lets get to 50 and breath out....
Let's get to 60 (sooner then later) and hope we're in with a chance of promotion! It's very possible, but certainly not based on the first half hour at Oxford!
Dagdale

Getting slightly concerned here were losing quite a bit away and they're the important games that you need to grasp at least a point to be good contenders for promotion especially heading into Xmas /end of year period, Hartlepool, Plymouth and Saturday at Oxford Utd. Nine points gone which in light we should have got at least 4. Riding the storm at the moment because we come out on tops with home form and hope it will continue to lowly Torquay Saturday. Must improve away form with decent results at Pompey and Chesterfield because in this Division a 'lower side' and there is enough of them not only needs a roll of wins and they're too in contention, never seen the League like this. Think its going be some nail biting stuff come April.
Lcbdagger

Dagdale wrote:Getting slightly concerned here were losing quite a bit away and they're the important games that you need to grasp at least a point to be good contenders for promotion especially heading into Xmas /end of year period, Hartlepool, Plymouth and Saturday at Oxford Utd. Nine points gone which in light we should have got at least 4. Riding the storm at the moment because we come out on tops with home form and hope it will continue to lowly Torquay Saturday. Must improve away form with decent results at Pompey and Chesterfield because in this Division a 'lower side' and there is enough of them not only needs a roll of wins and they're too in contention, never seen the League like this. Think its going be some nail biting stuff come April.
Haha fabulously optimistic here that we are seeing away wins at Pompey and Chesterfield as something we should be looking at as a gauge for where our season will pan out... I think after last season, a game against a (probably not ten man) Torquay at Home is a much better yardstick.

Everyone was dissapointed by a late Oxofrd winner last week but anyone else who went was wondering how we weren't four down by half time rather than holding on for a shock draw
matt_drfc

Dagdale wrote:Getting slightly concerned here were losing quite a bit away and they're the important games that you need to grasp at least a point to be good contenders for promotion especially heading into Xmas /end of year period, Hartlepool, Plymouth and Saturday at Oxford Utd. Nine points gone which in light we should have got at least 4. Riding the storm at the moment because we come out on tops with home form and hope it will continue to lowly Torquay Saturday. Must improve away form with decent results at Pompey and Chesterfield because in this Division a 'lower side' and there is enough of them not only needs a roll of wins and they're too in contention, never seen the League like this. Think its going be some nail biting stuff come April.
Surely winning all our home games is more important than getting a point away? Getting anything away from home is a bonus, not an expectation. I just think we need to be a bit more patient in every game. We're always looking to get the ball forward when we get it, we don't need to, we can just pass it around and let the opposition chase, we have pace on the counter to just break at the right time. But at the moment I'm delighted the way this season is going!
Penfold

Masked Man wrote:... More than I had expected us to have at this point.... Well done... Now lets get to 50 and breath out....
we can use that mask of yours to steal points from our opposition.... Turpin style!
"If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there."

"You never realize what you have until it's gone. Toilet paper is a good example"
davei

I think rather than try for promotion, until such time as we've got a bit more stability on and off the pitch, let's just continue as we are and ensure we are not ending the season in a relegation battle as we have the last few seasons. It would be nice to know the division we will be playing in next season by the end of March rather than worry right to the end...........
Ilford Dagger

Didn't we have 31 points at this stage last year and look what happened? Saying that the team have done well so far, hopefully they can continue in this vein - Portsmouth are no great shakes at home & we are unbeaten away to Chesterfield in the FL.