Curious

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Voice of reason

It was a strange atmosphere in our section behind the goal as the entire section next to us was taken up with a very large contingent of young German tourists. Boris Becker was at the game so maybe they were his guests
Akinfenwa was their main man 'Beaaast' whenever he got the ball and weirdly they were singing a song about going to West Ham so I guess they're headed there on Sunday
Sussex is right it was an awful game
I thought Wimbledon had run out of ideas once Akinfenwa ran out of steam early in the second half and were there for the taking but Hemmings always had two men on him and Jake Mulraney seemed to have trouble staying on his feet in slippery conditions
I feared the worst when our illustrious captain came on so it was a pleasant surprise to see us getting a bit of good luck for once with their keeper throwing JC's cross come shot into his own net
SUSSEX DAGGER

Suppose the enforced subs put paid to seeing anything of Jodi last night , when a Bouch was brought on I gave up hope of winning the game and thought the Boss had showed his intentions that we were not going to get beaten. Thought Hemmings and Mullaney were both ineffective last night so it makes you wonder will we ever see Jones again.

I ask that as I am already looking towards next Tuesday, Saturday will be a bonus if we can get anything. Next Tuesday we surely have to go there and get at them . The Manager is under pressure and we saw last week how even when only 1100 turn against you it effects their team.

Everyone of the 26 saw how poor their defence was and the two full backs looked hapless at times, we were crying out for Jones at Half time .

Last night they had another 4 put past them at home in their third home defeat on the trot. In my opinion if Jones is ever going to show what he is capable of then next Tuesday is the night.

The chant by the way was we were to poor for West Ham, well that's what I made of it
Voice of reason

It may be that there were conditions attached to Jake Mulraney's loan from QPR that stipulated he had to play a certain proportion of games if fit.
Some loan deals are structured this way to ensure the player gets game time. It's just a guess but Nico Hakkinan who we had from QPR earlier in the season didn't play many minutes for us so it could possibly have influenced the Mulraney loan which I think expires next week
incidentally UEFA have changed the rules so this is the last season when emergency loans like these will be allowed outside the usual transfer windows.
The present window closes tomorrow I believe then the very last one is from February to March 2016.
There hasn't been a great deal of publicity about it but it could really change things for clubs in Leagues 1 & 2 after this season
You're probably right Sussex that the enforced injury changes at Wimbledon was a factor in the choice of replacements
It was a bit weird trying to decipher what the German fans were singing - I thought it was 'West Ham at Upton Park' but I wouldn't put money on it :?:
SUSSEX DAGGER

incidentally UEFA have changed the rules so this is the last season when emergency loans like these will be allowed outside the usual transfer windows.
The present window closes tomorrow I believe then the very last one is from February to March:[/quote]

Does that apply to Youth loans because if it does that is another stab in the heart of Clubs trying to produce players.