Amazing

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Amazing what getting behind the team can do instead of constantly moaning and boycotting and waving ya little bits of paper around innit ?? :lol:

COYD !!!!!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Pondfield Dagger

Wow my first away for over a year, cracking atmosphere. Defended superbly all game and nicked it with one of the few Chances we had... We've Got vassell i just dont think you understand!!!_
SUSSEX DAGGER

After that you can see why I am confident that we will get out of it, we are the away team who have won once all season . What is dreadfull Dons excuse .

If their posistion at start of play indicates they are little above average then we won't have much to worry about.

Absoloute shocking game

Four stand outs to me Labadie , Dunne , Ayo but the one under more pressure then any of them has to be the Goalkeeper, 3 very good saves that could have changed the game completely .
Excellent Mark , just a shame about the kicking .

Another half dozen needless free kicks given away around our penalty area, that was the only time we looked in danger in my opinion . When will we ever learn.

Great result but let's not kid ourselves. There is much work to be done, however it is not beyond us by any stretch of the imagination
Paul from Barking

Have you been on the sauce, Sussex? Very rose inted glasses
SUSSEX DAGGER

Paul from Barking wrote:Have you been on the sauce, Sussex? Very rose inted glasses
In what aspect. There was nothing about them that made them anything other then very ordinary .

Labadie and Dunne ran every blade of grass .

Ayo look solid

The Goalkeeper was excellent when he needed to be, which was not very often

The game was tottally shocking anybody thought anything else then they were the ones on the sauce
Mike the Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
In what aspect. There was nothing about them that made them anything other then very ordinary .

Labadie and Dunne ran every blade of grass .

Ayo look solid

The Goalkeeper was excellent when he needed to be, which was not very often

The game was tottally shocking anybody thought anything else then they were the ones on the sauce

That might just be the scruffy 1-0 against the odds that turns the season. Lets hope so.

However....

The guy that scored the goal, JC, came on as a sub after an early injury to McClure.

The goalkeeper had been dropped for O'Brien, who presumably was dropped for the naïve goal he let in on Saturday.

Ayo (a loanee) was also a sub, and only came on after Nosworthy was crocked.

Dunne is only here on loan. If he is the answer to our problems, we need to sort that.

We scored with one of only 2 shots on target, which may well have been a mishit cross!

Wayne is a tactical genius!
DI Mike Dashwood

I would say Sussex's write up is about spot on.

Cousins did very well, flapped at one cross and not sure what happened with the low one that went through everyone at the end, but was very good apart from that. All the back four were superb. The two central midfielders didn't offer much going forward or on the ball (I thought it was Dunne's poorest game so far on that front) but did not stop running, and the front two didn't stop running either. Special mention to Vassell who could hardly walk by the end but was still putting in a shift.

Lets be honest, it was poor, and in terms of quality we were second best. BUT, there was some of the old spirit. Big D, Ayo and Passley all made crucial blocks and tackles during one sustained period of pressure in second half, and there was evidence of that all night.

I think it is clear we are finally moving in right direction. Whether that is enough to save us, I don't know, and you have to ask the question, why has it taken until Mid November to find a half-right formula?? This happens every year, Wayne shouldn't need 3 months every season to get a reasonable game plan together.

Support was very good. 171 was a bit disappointing, but it was very positive all night, good noise, even from the pub in Waterloo Station!!!

Sussex, that was me who said hello to you on the way in by the way, you looked a little confused!!!
ARNU

Just remember who gave WB the ultimatum of out of the bottom 3 by December LOL!!

Surely this "Lucky" win cancels out the very unlucky defeat v Oxford.It dosent have to be pretty,its 3 points that's the main thing.Look at the other positives too,we didn't concede,and we didn't lose the lead for once.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
bloke down the pub

ARNU wrote:Amazing what getting behind the team can do instead of constantly moaning and boycotting and waving ya little bits of paper around innit ?? :lol:

COYD !!!!!

Be there in a flash.....When Co Co and Co go.
NickMurphy

Massive win, that. Wasn't much quality on show, but we ground it out and I'm certain Curo meant that finish. We were right down the barrel of it, and it looked as though he aimed to chip him! Either way, I'll take it.

Certainly seems as if there's been a sea-change in the way we're performing. Wasn't there on Saturday, but it sounded extremely positive in terms of getting stuck in and being a 'Dagenham' performance, felt that way last night as well. Could be the win to kickstart the season, especially with York going great guns under their new boss at the moment...
Mark

Cureton always tries the chip so I can believe it
stanton101

Mark wrote:Cureton always tries the chip so I can believe it
From where I was standing, I thought JC had a sneaky little look to see where the keeper was and decided on the chip as well. His celebration befits that of a bloke that meant it I reckon. A special mention should go out to Dunne who won the ball and supplied the pass for JC as well. We have to try and keep him, gives his all every time.
rebeldagger

I wasn't able to make the game, but from looking at the highlights it seems that we were under the cosh for most of the game? Of course it's hard to be sure of this from only looking at the highlights. The goal itself may have been somewhat fortunate, yet that shouldn't take away from the grit and determination showed.

It's a step in the right direction, albeit a small one, that we can look to to build on. The negativity on here will only lead to further discontent. We need to back the players on the pitch, (and those on the bench!) yes Burnett has made some dubious choices, that can't be denied but we're all Daggers here and we need to show that Dagger's spirit.

COYD