For anyone that has a rosy glow at the moment...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

... off the back of one win (away again) in the cup, this is the Daggers league season to date:

8/8/2015 Portsmouth (A) Lost 0-3 Battered
15/8/2015 Leyton Orient (H) Lost 1-3 Battered, late consolation
18/8/2015 Exeter City (H) Lost 1-2 Late consolation
22/8/2015 Wycombe Wanderers (A) Drew 1-1 Leading, let in a last kick equaliser
29/8/2015 Stevenage (H) Drew 1-1 Leading, backed off and let a poor side back in it
5/9/2015 Northampton Town (A) Won 2-1 Went behind and came back to win!!!!
12/9/2015 Carlisle United (A) Lost 1-2 Leading
19/9/2015 Newport County (H) Drew 0-0 Shocking game against a shocking team
26/9/2015 Barnet (A) Lost 1-3 Battered by a fairly poor team, got one back but never looked like more
29/9/2015 Notts County (H) Drew 1-1 Came from behind to take a point, better
3/10/2015 Mansfield Town (H) Lost 3-4 3-1 up and let them back in the game
10/10/2015 Yeovil Town (A) Drew 2-2 2-0 up and let them back in the game
17/10/2015 Hartlepool United (H) Lost 0-1 Beaten by a route one punt into the area
20/10/2015 York City (A) Drew 2-2 Came back after being behind to lead again, but let it slip again
24/10/2015 Accrington Stanley (A) Lost 1-3 Totally battered throughout, scored another consolation goal
1/11/2015 Luton Town (H) Lost 0-2 Marginally better with modified midfield, but only 1 shot on target, let in two very poor goals
21/11/2015 Oxford United (H) Lost 0-1 Better again, but still no goals

Position 24th and bottom.

Played 17, Won 1, Drawn 6, Lost 10, Goals for 17, Goals against 32, Goal difference -15, Points 9

Points per game to date: 0.53, win percentage 5.88%

Points per game needed in the remaining games to hit the "magic 50": 1.41

Fellow strugglers (bottom 8) played to date: Barnet (A) lost, Hartlepool (H) lost, Stevenage (H) drew, York (A) drew, Newport (H) drew, Yeovil (A) drew - points won 4, no wins

Points lost from winning positions: 14

Current sequence: 11 games without a League win

The last goal the Daggers scored at home was on the 3rd of October.
Phippo

Yeah, thanks for that Mike! :mrgreen:
SteveMc

I always say, remain positive...BTW how are you all? Have I missed much? x

Stevie Mc
Paul from Barking

I spoke wIth Wayne earlier - he said it'll be better after the restart. Is that after the restart following the summer break? In the Conference?
Dagdale

Penny drops when you see it like that, its awful viewing and we've been hovering so low for so long can they really get out of it again? As our season don't normally start till after the Christmas decorations come down I'll try and be patience like countless others but it dun half take your health down supporting the daggers.
Mike the Dagger

After last night;s win, this is the Daggers league season to date:

8/8/2015 Portsmouth (A) Lost 0-3 Battered
15/8/2015 Leyton Orient (H) Lost 1-3 Battered, late consolation
18/8/2015 Exeter City (H) Lost 1-2 Late consolation
22/8/2015 Wycombe Wanderers (A) Drew 1-1 Leading, let in a last kick equaliser
29/8/2015 Stevenage (H) Drew 1-1 Leading, backed off and let a poor side back in it
5/9/2015 Northampton Town (A) Won 2-1 Went behind and came back to win!!!!
12/9/2015 Carlisle United (A) Lost 1-2 Leading
19/9/2015 Newport County (H) Drew 0-0 Shocking game against a shocking team
26/9/2015 Barnet (A) Lost 1-3 Battered by a fairly poor team, got one back but never looked like more
29/9/2015 Notts County (H) Drew 1-1 Came from behind to take a point, better
3/10/2015 Mansfield Town (H) Lost 3-4 3-1 up and let them back in the game
10/10/2015 Yeovil Town (A) Drew 2-2 2-0 up and let them back in the game
17/10/2015 Hartlepool United (H) Lost 0-1 Beaten by a route one punt into the area
20/10/2015 York City (A) Drew 2-2 Came back after being behind to lead again, but let it slip again
24/10/2015 Accrington Stanley (A) Lost 1-3 Totally battered throughout, scored another consolation goal
1/11/2015 Luton Town (H) Lost 0-2 Marginally better with modified midfield, but only 1 shot on target, let in two very poor goals
21/11/2015 Oxford United (H) Lost 0-1 Better again, but still no goals
24/11/2015 AFC Wimbledon (A) Won 1-0 Battered for most of it, scored with a keeper howler but won!!!!

Position 22nd, out of the bottom 2 on goal difference.

Played 18, Won 2, Drawn 6, Lost 10, Goals for 18, Goals against 32, Goal difference -14, Points 12

Points per game to date: 0.66, win percentage 11.1%

Points per game needed in the remaining games to hit the "magic 50": 1.36

Fellow strugglers (bottom 8) played to date: Barnet (A) lost, Hartlepool (H) lost, Stevenage (H) drew, York (A)

drew, Newport (H) drew, Yeovil (A) drew - points won 4, no wins

Points lost from winning positions: 14

Current sequence: won 1!!

The Daggers have not scored a home goal since 3rd October 2015.
DI Mike Dashwood

Jesus, I thought we may have a day of respite after a win!!!
Mike the Dagger

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Jesus, I thought we may have a day of respite after a win!!!
Great to hear that the team showed a bit of grit and determination at last. Good to hear that several of the lads had decent games. A lucky win (wasn't there but read the reports and have heard from a few that were), doesn't change the facts that we are still in the shit.

Wholesale changes from Saturday again, including changing keeper back to the guy that was first choice last season and steadied the ship then. Bear in mind our tactical genius was then pushed into two changes in the first half that seem to have come off resulting from injuries, and that we were totally outplayed and scored a fluke goal, it is hardly a glorious turnaround in form is it. In fortune, maybe, lets hope.

We are also out of the bottom two thanks to York getting totally battered yesterday, which looks hopeful as they are really poor at the moment, but we are still 4 points off the team above us (with a game in hand).

Not expecting much on Saturday against the team top at the moment, but we need at least a point at Morecambe next Tuesday and a win over Whitehawk in the cup before there is any semblance of easing off the pressure on Burnett.
lupins

Being as you seem to take pleasure in generally being negative and managed to even make 'positive' comments in a negative way a few contrary thoughts

The substitutions were unfortunate but didn't in themselves alter the game or the game plan, like for like basically. Considering that then meant we were very limited in being able to make further changes that was handled well

Bring on Bouchard was a very good decision to shore up just in front of the back four so credit there as everyone near me would not have gone for that option

I was at the game and I didn't think we were totally outplayed though admittedly we did have a very defensive mindset. After the first ten minutes did Cousins have much to do? Possession in itself and lumping balls into the box does not necessarily mean anything if you create few chances

Lastly for whatever reason the team last night showed total commitment and effort as they did Saturday so credit there in preparation and application

We are out of the bottom two because we won and York didn't
Don Beech 3

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Jesus, I thought we may have a day of respite after a win!!!
Seems like someone was upset they missed Curetons wonder goal. Something that Boris Becker will no doubt be talking to Djokovic about.
Mike the Dagger

lupins wrote:Being as you seem to take pleasure in generally being negative and managed to even make 'positive' comments in a negative way a few contrary thoughts.
Nope, really pleased we won yesterday. Surprised, yes, but pleased definitely. However, one swallow does not make a summer, one win in 12 does not make a league season.
lupins wrote:I was at the game and I didn't think we were totally outplayed though admittedly we did have a very defensive mindset. After the first ten minutes did Cousins have much to do? Possession in itself and lumping balls into the box does not necessarily mean anything if you create few chances.
It maybe worth listening to the two managers interviewed on BBC London, neither can quite believe what just happened.
lupins wrote:Lastly for whatever reason the team last night showed total commitment and effort as they did Saturday so credit there in preparation and application.
Great, lets hope it keeps going. Some kind of result (or even shot at goal) at home would be great,
lupins wrote:We are out of the bottom two because we won and York didn't
Not strictly true as we are two goals better off than York now and they lost 6-0. 1-0's either way would have left them above us.
IanC

Everyone knows one swallow doesn't make a summer,it's just bloody tiresome being told every other day by the same bloody people.Last night was not about WB it was about the team showing a bit of guts and hanging in there and getting the result.It was also about and for the 171 who put themselves out and had belief we could get a result.If we wernt very good who cares,we didn't deserve to lose last Saturday but we did that's football.For Christ sake lets just have one happy day on here and all the miserable gits sod off for a least a day.
lupins

You do seem to delight in highlighting negativity

I was at the game we were not outplayed to the extent it was robbery though a bit smash and grab

We were unlucky against Oxford and could have been ahead at half time.Without trying I recall a Hemmings efffort, Labadie effort and Cureton missed a sittter.Keep your eyes on the game and update your stats when you get home

Yes strictly true the actual results on the night determined the positions
ARNU

You know that annoying bastard who always beats you at something then the one time you actually beat him he then whines like a bitch that it was unfair or lucky or the wind was blowing the wrong way or he was injured or some old shite, despite the fact it was completely fair and he was just not good enough ?

Who does that remind you of ?? :lol:
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

Don't worry I am saving all the post of the bedwetters Arnu who convinced we were already relegated.

Wayne Burnetss Barmy Soilder