Why?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
EastLDN

I'm not buying this so we can't play him for the next 5 weeks cos he's going in January? Although nothing has been confirmed. If he's still contracted to us then he should be played. But if he does go that shows a real lack of commitment by the board to get us out of the shit, you dont let one of your best players go when your in a relegation scrap. Nothing to lose by keeping hold of him until the end of the season.
SUSSEX DAGGER

EastLDN wrote:I'm not buying this so we can't play him for the next 5 weeks cos he's going in January? Although nothing has been confirmed. If he's still contracted to us then he should be played. But if he does go that shows a real lack of commitment by the board to get us out of the shit, you dont let one of your best players go when your in a relegation scrap. Nothing to lose by keeping hold of him until the end of the season.
The point is that he was a cert to go , that said when you are in the relegation scrap you play your best player. Now I think he is a long way off being our best player but he is far better then the bottle job that is Chambers. Some of them half hearted challenges , sorry they were not even that, was embarrassing to watch.
redboy

I've never been an advocate of 'you can't change a winning side'. You play your best team available end of. The XI that ended yesterday's game was far better than what started. Can someone please explain what 'Christiano' Hemmings and 'Lionel' Chambers do week in week out? I also hope I'm proved wrong, but JC looks like he's had his day. Overall there wasn't much between the sides which is frustrating, but if Coco had the nous not to defend deep, play a different side as suggested and play the ball on the floor, maybe the result would have been different.
Mark

Hemmings has bags of ability but doesn't seem to be able to turn it into performances every week. I would suggest it is down to the manager to harness that like he did with Elito in the end.

It's beyond belief that chambers gets a game over Jones or mulraney imo.

As for Cureton you have to say he's the only one who ever gets on the end of anything. His finishing has gone to pot but I don't think we'd even have a shot on goal without him! I'd pick him based on the theory that one will go in eventually whereas the others don't even get a shot off.