I don't think I will come back now until he's gone

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
The Romford Dagger

Even when ipswich are not playing at home or at an away I fancy. It only cost a fiver yesterday but it STILL WAS A WASTE OF MONEY!

I actually have a degree of sympathy for Sussex and Arnu. To defend your team and management as much as you two have ans then to watch that must be totally demoralising. So much so that arnu called for his resignation last night (a month earlier than he said he would). It was that bad.

But I will vote with me feet now. What a disgrace to football that was. Worst performance ive ever seen says something when I was at Stevenage at home, newport home, mansfield second half and all that other shite of the last two years at home. Awful just awfuk.

#BurnettOut #SomeoneSaveOurClub
Chigwellian

I can honestly say that I was anti Burnett from the moment he got the job full time... The reason was that he didn't deserve it.

I didn't go last night, but I do know one of the linesman who was officiating last night ( I'm not saying which one), but even he said that we were dire, and that we will be playing his team next season in the conference.

I wi be going to the next home league match, only because I was a mug to buy one... I think this Burnett out protest should be organised, as staying away even though we have paid doesn't work on the gate attendance vs money taken
nomis

Think the supporters need to organise a proper protest now

Enough is enough

I stopped going after the Exeter Home game and will not return until Burnett goes

Something needs to be done, and I would only return in the form of an organised protest

The board / management are hand in hand utter garbage and both will go down on their own utter ****** up's
rechitski kinzhal

Call me lethargic if you wish, but I, and it seems many, many others, have no wish to cause any problems, so we have just walked away without any protests. I expect that number will grow.
I haven't been to any games for some time (Carlisle away, I think) - I was getting nil entertainment, nil, and there just seemed no point. For the first year or so I put up with it, like many others. But whenever I have been in the last year I have been so bored, irritated and feeling as though there are so many better things to do.
I don't, as a rule, come on this forum either any more and "admin" knows why.

I would love to know if others feel as me ..... because as I see it Wayne Burnett is a pretty decent bloke and does not deserve abuse. But the football has been so uninspiring, and devoid of any spirit or entertainment that I just think "for what reason should I go?" It is not because we don't win, it is the manner of the way in which we don't win. For a long time I put up with it quietly, but not now.
Steve Thompson also seems to be a decent bloke - he has done so much for the club and works incredibly hard and loves the club as much as any of us. I am sure he is doing what he feels best.
Dave Simpson is a smashing guy - but again there have been a few occasions when he has been on here "defending the indefensible" and putting a spin on events that really are quite transparent.

I just get the feeling that the club as a whole has reached rock bottom and realise there is no financial way out - so we slog along to the end of the season hoping by some slim chance that we scrape enough points to stay up, but actually being resigned to the realisation that we are almost certainly going down.
And I don't blame any of the above named for that outlook - it is probably the only sensible one. I get the feeling that the club realise we are finished as a league club and will let us gently slide down to the National League.
And I can see the logic, and don't want to criticise ..... but I fear that by the end of the season we will have lost so many of our supporters (me included - and we never had many to begin with) that come next season home games against Guisely, Tamworth or Southport are going to attract 500 people. And to slide straight down to National South is a real possibility.

There have been a few "noises" that all is not well at the club ..... and that fact Jodi Jones is not getting a starting place baffles many of us. We all understand the Dwight Gayle money has gone (and was never as much as we had hoped for, anyway). If there are things going on, please someone, even anonymously if necessary, let us know what the situation is, and then we may possibly stick around. Because if the club just keep quiet then I am afraid many fans will go away, never to come back.

There has been an undercurrent of unpleasantness at the club recently - and I would be the first to criticise the fans for their part ..... but it has clearly gone both ways. Burnett and Hackett have had their moments, and so has Thompson, and whatever the details of the "Auntie Merge" incident it is highly embarrassing and unforgivable for the club to act in such a heavy-handed way with Suzanne when they have got far, far, far bigger issues to contend with.

Please, if there is anything we need to know, can someone explain it here while there is still a chance of keeping some people on board. Otherwise the club will die in its present form ... and the bad results on the field will be only one small part of the reason why.
Diggerthedog

rechitski kinzhal wrote:Call me lethargic if you wish, but I, and it seems many, many others, have no wish to cause any problems, so we have just walked away without any protests. I expect that number will grow.
I haven't been to any games for some time (Carlisle away, I think) - I was getting nil entertainment, nil, and there just seemed no point. For the first year or so I put up with it, like many others. But whenever I have been in the last year I have been so bored, irritated and feeling as though there are so many better things to do.

I would love to know if others feel as me ..... because as I see it Wayne Burnett is a pretty decent bloke and does not deserve abuse. But the football has been so uninspiring, and devoid of any spirit or entertainment that I just think "for what reason should I go?" It is not because we don't win, it is the manner of the way in which we don't win. For a long time I put up with it quietly, but not now.
Steve Thompson also seems to be a decent bloke - he has done so much for the club and works incredibly hard and loves the club as much as any of us. I am sure he is doing what he feels best.
Dave Simpson is a smashing guy - but again there have been a few occasions when he has been on here "defending the indefensible" and putting a spin on events that really are quite transparent.

I just get the feeling that the club as a whole has reached rock bottom and realise there is no financial way out - so we slog along to the end of the season hoping by some slim chance that we scrape enough points to stay up, but actually being resigned to the realisation that we are almost certainly going down.
And I don't blame any of the above named for that outlook - it is probably the only sensible one. I get the feeling that the club realise we are finished as a league club and will let us gently slide down to the National League.
And I can see the logic, and don't want to criticise ..... but I fear that by the end of the season we will have lost so many of our supporters (me included - and we never had many to begin with) that come next season home games against Guisely, Tamworth or Southport are going to attract 500 people. And to slide straight down to National South is a real possibility.

There have been a few "noises" that all is not well at the club ..... and that fact Jodi Jones is not getting a starting place baffles many of us. We all understand the Dwight Gayle money has gone (and was never as much as we had hoped for, anyway). If there are things going on, please someone, even anonymously if necessary, let us know what the situation is, and then we may possibly stick around. Because if the club just keep quiet then I am afraid many fans will go away, never to come back.

There has been an undercurrent of unpleasantness at the club recently - and I would be the first to criticise the fans for their part ..... but it has clearly gone both ways. Burnett and Hackett have had their moments, and so has Thompson, and whatever the details of the "Auntie Merge" incident it is highly embarrassing and unforgivable for the club to act in such a heavy-handed way with Suzanne when they have got far, far, far bigger issues to contend with.

Please, if there is anything we need to know, can someone explain it here while there is still a chance of keeping some people on board. Otherwise the club will die in its present form ... and the bad results on the field will be only one small part of the reason why.
You're reading too much into things, the club got the decision wrong to give Wayne a new contract and now they can't afford to sack him, he will not walk.

It really is that simple. For the sake of a few thousand they clearly would rather we got relegated.
RampantDuke

rechitski kinzhal wrote:Call me lethargic if you wish, but I, and it seems many, many others, have no wish to cause any problems, so we have just walked away without any protests. I expect that number will grow.

What an excellent post. Sums it all up. The strange thing is nobody at all is arguing on behalf of the board or Wayne - it must be the most harmonious this site has ever been!
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
ARNU

I'll have a go....

So if Burnett leaves or keeps us up you all have to realise that he or any new bloke will only realistically be asked to finish 22nd.That in itself is the main problem here.Gates of 900 wont sustain any sort of bigger budget,quite the opposite in fact.Our dilemma and the clubs is what is its purpose ?

A...Be a league 2 club bumping along the bottom with journeymen and largely unsuccessfull/shit players which is already very very dull.

B..Drop down a few leagues,drive everyone away and probably fold.

I see only bad things for the foreseeable future.I still think we might stay up with or without Wayner but if you think its gonna be roses after hes gone.I don't think so.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:I'll have a go....

So if Burnett leaves or keeps us up you all have to realise that he or any new bloke will only realistically be asked to finish 22nd.That in itself is the main problem here.Gates of 900 wont sustain any sort of bigger budget,quite the opposite in fact.Our dilemma and the clubs is what is its purpose ?

A...Be a league 2 club bumping along the bottom with journeymen and largely unsuccessfull/shit players which is already very very dull.

I see only bad things for the foreseeable future.I still think we might stay up with or without Wayner but if you think its gonna be roses after hes gone.I don't think so.
The club wont fold, there is life below league two.
ARNU

Diggerthedog wrote:

So you'd agree "Just existing" then ? That's what you've got now and you are extremely unhappy.Be carefull what you wish for.Big clubs like Luton stayed down there 6 seasons.I sure I saw Grimsby play in the old Division 2 back in the 70's 80's they cant get out of it either.
dagger4eva

Up until the last games I'd say the club still had about 11 hardcore fans sticking with it - although the cup home crowds of 795 and 787 were very worrying

I don't believe the 2 options you have presented are the SOLE options available ....

There is at least 1 other option of appointing a manager who can a) manage to arrange/organise the current rabble to perform to their absolute maximum and get us out of this shit hole situation we find ourselves in and b) look to progress that further (just as St.John did on the same kind of budget) and get us back competing and challenging at the right end of the table once more.

Just my humble opinion.....
NBDag

1) Burnett does deserve the abuse as he is the main factor of our dreadful season(s). And he is more than willing to dish out abuse to our fans so I am more than willing to give it back to him- if needs be.

2) what you said about Thommo is completely true, he does love the club as much as us. And he has done some marvellous work for the club. And I genuinely believe that he is doing what he believes is best. But this is why he needs to go. The only thing worse than a manager of a business that is knowingly making poor decisions, is a manager that doesn't have a clue about where he is going wrong. The man has been a credit to the club but it's time to leave with some form of honour in tact.
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:

So you'd agree "Just existing" then ? That's what you've got now and you are extremely unhappy.Be carefull what you wish for.Big clubs like Luton stayed down there 6 seasons.I sure I saw Grimsby play in the old Division 2 back in the 70's 80's they cant get out of it either.
Would rather watch us win 30% of our games at the level below then watch the current goings on.

Our tenure in the football league was never going to last forever and i'm surprised it has lasted for so long.
ARNU

dagger4eva wrote:Up until the last games I'd say the club still had about 11 hardcore fans sticking with it - although the cup home crowds of 795 and 787 were very worrying

I don't believe the 2 options you have presented are the SOLE options available ....

There is at least 1 other option of appointing a manager who can a) manage to arrange/organise the current rabble to perform to their absolute maximum and get us out of this shit hole situation we find ourselves in and b) look to progress that further (just as St.John did on the same kind of budget) and get us back competing and challenging at the right end of the table once more.

Just my humble opinion.....
Well of course that's an option.Least likely of the 3 though.I reckon well just get another turnip and you'll all have your A4 out again when he relegates us instead of Wayne.
ARNU

In reply to Digger the dog.

Really ?? You can see why my reluctance to join your mob of protesters/freedom fighters still exists.You really saying You'd rather watch us win only 30% of our games in the conference ? That would be shite and I cant see how that would get the crowds back and be enjoyable.
bearaab

Do you actually think if we get relegated the club will fold?

Also, we don't need to just sign journeyman. The thing the originally drew me to the club was that they signed young players from lower leagues and gave them a chance. Rarely play our most exciting prospect nowadays...