Relegation

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dave seagull

I predict we will be relegated before the end of February based on our current form and seeing no light at the end of the tunnel....and thats being generous.

Like a ship without rudder, heading for the rocks, with no captain!
DaggerJoel11

I've seen this before, we'll go on a decent run at the end of the season, just steering clear.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
shoreyda2nd

dave seagull wrote:I predict we will be relegated before the end of February based on our current form and seeing no light at the end of the tunnel....and thats being generous.

We have 13 league games between March, April and May, meaning 39 points to play for. I think it's a fair assumption that we will not be relegated in February.
dave seagull

shoreyda2nd wrote:
dave seagull wrote:I predict we will be relegated before the end of February based on our current form and seeing no light at the end of the tunnel....and thats being generous.

We have 13 league games between March, April and May, meaning 39 points to play for. I think it's a fair assumption that we will not be relegated in February.
Fair enough......January then!
dave seagull

shoreyda2nd wrote:

Fair enough...... January then.......I was being a little optimistic with February!
hockley dagger

DaggerJoel11 wrote:I've seen this before, we'll go on a decent run at the end of the season, just steering clear.
How many times do we see it before it actually happens though? I honestly feel we're doomed this year
dave seagull

With good fortune we could possibly get through to the FA Cup 3rd Round and draw a 'glamour' tie against one of the big clubs.

This could generate revenue towards the transfer budget and maybe give the club an opportunity to bring in a few 'decent' players, which might give us an outside chance of survival....but I'm not hanging me hat on it!
SUSSEX DAGGER

All depends on what you need , the average over the past 5 seasons is 48 points.

Two seasons in that period 45 has been enough.

Think I have seen enough to know that the teams around us are well below average .

Was surprised that research chucked up an interesting fact , the 51 points that nearly got us relegated would have seen us finish 18th the year before were the 50 points acquired by John Still would have seen us relegated.

So just for a point of debate what do you think we will need to survive. My stab is 46
Lcbdagger

46 sounds like a good shout... but I predict the final game coming around with both of the final bottom 2 still in with a chance of being safe... will all be decided last game, unless we get cut adrift. Every other team (even Newport) seem to be able to win a game or two when they look down at the moment.
Mike the Dagger

We are massively lucky not to be totally adrift already on 9 points.

Generally one team comes apart second half of the season and tumbles into trouble from mid table while one team that look buried creeps out of trouble withe a loanee powered change of form. Wayne's "interim" season that was us that tumbled and we survived just. In the legendary 1 point from 54 (legendary as it never happened) it was Macclefield. Last season I would argue it was us that climbed out, based on binning Saah and playing Doe and Ayo at the back.

The trick is to keep on picking up the odd win and maybe put in the odd unbeaten run of a few games. No sign yet, but our resident tactical genius hasn't found the right random combination of loanees and formation yet. If he keeps spinning the tombola it must happen eventually surely?

Then he can have a rant at the unfaithful about how nothing has changed yet we are now world beaters (see the 2014 Carlisle interview).
Last edited by Mike the Dagger on Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well to get to 46 we need a combination of at least winning a third of remaining games and 7 draws.

Only a third of season gone and already draws not looking good enough.

Not looking good unless last seasons 42 proves enough
Daggertilidie

9 points guys going into December. Come on wake upwe are down
ARNU

Daggertilidie wrote:9 points guys going into December. Come on wake upwe are down
Well we are if we don't get 41 more points from the 90 available.Would you bet money on it ?

I believe it aint over till its nearly over lol! We aint there yet.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:.Would you bet money on it ?
Not worth it. We are evens or close with everyone.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/eng ... relegation
ARNU

Mike the Dagger wrote:
ARNU wrote:.Would you bet money on it ?
Not worth it. We are evens or close with everyone.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/eng ... relegation
I meant would he put a lot of money on it ? Evens doubles your money after all.Any other business venture that could double your money would be a worthy cause.If he or you are so sure we're already down go to Ladbrokes and have a grand on it and back up your total belief we are down already.Now,we might well go down so I aint taking the chance but I aint as sure of it as Daggertillhisdead.Money where mouth is please.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !