protest

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Chigwellian

I protested in the only way that will get Charles Hawtry's attention and that is by people staying away which will affect his budget.
I know it will hurt my club in the long run, but what else can I do when he doesn't listen to long standing supporters.
Not only does he not listen but he abuses and lies which I find unacceptable
Lcbdagger

900 attendance according to BBC website... What on earth were those 2200 petitions all about?
bloke down the pub

Join the stay away army. The number grows each week. Let us know when Thommo . and W.B. leave .
SUSSEX DAGGER

Sssssszhhhhh there is a blackleg in the ranks of the A4 'ers.

Had a member of the people's front of Dagenham and Redbrige or is it the
Dagenhsm and Redbridge people's popular front ? anyhow he has been saying all week how the only way to make the board aware of his views is to stay away and denie the Club much needed revenue.

This afternoon he answered the call and stayed away , he spent the whole game in the bar spending more then a tenner that he would have spent going into the ground, old Thommo won't mind many protests like that as he make money on the vast quantities of the beer being drunk and will no doubt get a large rebate on the barrellege that this protest produces.

You really can't make it up
admin
Site Admin

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Sssssszhhhhh there is a blackleg in the ranks of the A4 'ers.

Had a member of the people's front of Dagenham and Redbrige or is it the
Dagenhsm and Redbridge people's popular front ? anyhow he has been saying all week how the only way to make the board aware of his views is to stay away and denie the Club much needed revenue.

This afternoon he answered the call and stayed away , he spent the whole game in the bar spending more then a tenner that he would have spent going into the ground, old Thommo won't mind many protests like that as he make money on the vast quantities of the beer being drunk and will no doubt get a large rebate on the barrellege that this protest produces.

You really can't make it up
Find it very hard to believe that. If true, that's ridiculous, if your going to deny the club of revenue, then deny it of all revenue, beer money, merchandise money, ticket money etc.
Auntie Merge

I didn't know the protest was to deprive club of all revenue, only to demonstrate that the football wasn't worth watching.

Seems some on here who don't like the protest are keen to shit-stir. Won't wash with me.
dagger4eva

I was in 2 minds whether to watch the football. The Salford game gave me abit of magic of the cup fever.

Arrived at the ground at 1.

Come 2:55 me and a couple of other upstairs just agreed Nahhhh

Contrary to what sussex says (and I know hes part on the wind up) this wasnt about depriving the club of money - even though I fully consider I got far more Value for money with the beer I got through.

This was just about a total lack of enthusiasm to watch what I could of completely predicted would be another dour, 2 shot on target affair. And I voted with my feet.

Yes, the club still got my money but it was another 3 very long standing, loyal supporters who DIDNT enter through the turnstile.... along with x number people also

The club can turn a blind eye to that if they wish but do so at their peril!
Diggerthedog

Auntie Merge wrote:I didn't know the protest was to deprive club of all revenue, only to demonstrate that the football wasn't worth watching.

Seems some on here who don't like the protest are keen to shit-stir. Won't wash with me.
Exactly this and the same again on Wednesday.
admin
Site Admin

dagger4eva wrote:I was in 2 minds whether to watch the football. The Salford game gave me abit of magic of the cup fever.

Arrived at the ground at 1.

Come 2:55 me and a couple of other upstairs just agreed Nahhhh

Contrary to what sussex says (and I know hes part on the wind up) this wasnt about depriving the club of money - even though I fully consider I got far more Value for money with the beer I got through.

This was just about a total lack of enthusiasm to watch what I could of completely predicted would be another dour, 2 shot on target affair. And I voted with my feet.

Yes, the club still got my money but it was another 3 very long standing, loyal supporters who DIDNT enter through the turnstile.... along with x number people also

The club can turn a blind eye to that if they wish but do so at their peril!
I doubt you'd of got better value on the beer up there, the beer in clubhouse is disgusting
hockley dagger

There were a lot of options in East London this afternoon. West Ham and Orient playing and the Rugby League international at Stratford where I was (and always intended to be there). We saw more than one Daggers regular at the rugby.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Sorry D4E you guessed I was only having a leg pull. Sorry that a bit of banter has been taken out of all context. Hurry up back bud not the same with out Statler and Waldorf. Get well soon Dtid
JFJBENSTEAD

It was quite sad watching the game today. Whatever people's reasons were for staying away, there is no denying that 900 is a very Non-League attendance.

Thomo is away with the fairies. Last week he told me that Burnett is a 'good manager'. Today he just kept repeating 'We are not going down' (1 win in 16!?).

Bizarrely, the atmosphere was better today than at many recent home League games. The game itself was poor but I think the players were trying at least. Labadie was particularly impressive - I'm hoping he'll respond to the faith the club showed in him (rightly or wrongly).

As for positives; this was our first clean sheet in any sort of meaningful fixture. Shame we have to wait so long for next league game.
shoreyda2nd

hockley dagger wrote:There were a lot of options in East London this afternoon. West Ham and Orient playing and the Rugby League international at Stratford where I was (and always intended to be there). We saw more than one Daggers regular at the rugby.
3 of us were at the rugby, and I'll be surprised if the Daggers match had less entertainment on offer. Cracking stadium, does't have the feel of a football ground though, West Ham will struggle to get an atmosphere in there.
leewilson

JFJBENSTEAD wrote:
Bizarrely, the atmosphere was better today than at many recent home League games.

Probably because alot of the 'negativity' had stayed away so we actually had a crowd who despite not being happy at where the club are, were willing to get behind the boys instead of shouting abuse and criticism for 90 minutes.
admin
Site Admin

If by better atmosphere you mean total silence then I agree with you. It was so quiet in the ground, you could here the underground trains go by from a fair bit down the round. That was embarrassing.
There was less negativity because of lot of fans being frustrated with current affairs not going yesterday and the ones that were there stayed pretty quiet.