Morecambe league game postponed

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
hockley dagger

I see the game on 14 December postponed due to international call ups. I hope people haven't booked advance rail travel
DaggerJoel11

hockley dagger wrote:I see the game on 14 December postponed due to international call ups. I hope people haven't booked advance rail travel
You mean 14th November!
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
IanC

Absoleutly feckin disgusted with this,have had rail tickets for months,international call ups pathetic.We have one player who's a regular who nobody's wants in the team,so no loss there and a u21 player who rarely plays.Really am disgusted by this not happy with our club but I'm guessing there's more to this.
stanton101

I mentioned this a while back when we played earlier on in the season and someone stated that because it's only little Dagenham no one would give a toss so it was a case of play the game and get on with it. It appears now things have changed but bizarrely it involves the same two players! Unless Morecambe have several internationals we don't know about. Something's not right here and the club should reimburse those that have already shelled out for travel and match tickets, it's not as though they didn't know about the international break months in advance is it, very poor indeed.
steeevooo

This has been handled, yet again, appallingly by the club. When we had even fewer players on our books earlier in the season we still played our match despite having the option to postpone because of international call ups. Now that we have a plethora of loan players and hence a bigger squad, we decide to postpone it a week in advance. It's a long distance away trip FFS, people have to make special plans to attend, whether that be travel arrangements or scheduling of other activities.

The cynic in me wonders whether it has been rearranged because the club know that there won't be as many fans at the game on a Tuesday night (God forbid if we draw today and then end up playing up there midweek twice...)
Diggerthedog

Was not planning on going no but this a poor decision for the fans that booked already and also the fact we could be even further adrift by the next league game.
Mark

Like the Luton game, pretty stupid and shows disregard for the fans. Only Hoyte gets in the side!
ARNU

I can understand the inconvenience if you've booked tickets etc I even give you a mild pass for that but all this moaning about minutae(That's tiny tiny detail for the less educationally adept)is tiring to say the least.Who in their right mind books tickets and hotels etc for something so in advance that may well be called off for many different reasons ? Its a well known fact that football can be moved to other dates and times for weather,policing,international duty,clashes with other games,tv scheduling etc etc etc...If we are only likely to take 50 people to Morecambe whats the fuss ?

Like I said the people who have gone to expence have a semi justifiable point,those that haven't...well you're just moaning for the sake of it.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Adrian

Doesn't it need 3 players to be called up for the club to be able to call off the game, and isn't this the first time we've had 3 called up at the same time?
Hoyte played for us during the last international break so can't have been called up then. In which case the comparisons to previous games being played while we had players called up are a little bit wrong.

The point about people not booking stuff so far in advance is also just wrong. The changes in costs can be so significant that it makes sense to book early. Yes, there is a risk of games being postponed or abandoned, but when that's something out of the clubs control it's a risk you take.
When the postponement is because of a request by the club then it certainly doesn't reflect well on the club especially when we have plenty of players in on loan at the moment to cover. The third player doesn't even have a full contract with us.
The Romford Dagger

ARNU wrote:I can understand the inconvenience if you've booked tickets etc I even give you a mild pass for that but all this moaning about minutae(That's tiny tiny detail for the less educationally adept)is tiring to say the least.Who in their right mind books tickets and hotels etc for something so in advance that may well be called off for many different reasons ? Its a well known fact that football can be moved to other dates and times for weather,policing,international duty,clashes with other games,tv scheduling etc etc etc...If we are only likely to take 50 people to Morecambe whats the fuss ?

Like I said the people who have gone to expence have a semi justifiable point,those that haven't...well you're just moaning for the sake of it.
Arnu getting train tickets 2/3 months in advance saves 60 quid or so for the long away trips.

Poor form from the club imo
IanC

No brainer booking in advance,our twenty pound returns are now way over fifty quid!
NBDag

Posted this on the wrong thread earlier so I've moved it to here:

Hate to play Devil's advocate, but this could be a smart move by the club. The extended break from a league fixture might allow us to work out what we need to do to get things right. We've had Labadie and Dunne come into midfield which was desperately needed, and the new striker is something I feel is needed too. And we've kept two clean sheets in a row now, and even the optimist inside me is trying to take the Basildon clean sheet as an improvement! So hopefully this extra week without having a league game can buy us the time we need to get this team playing well.

Also the board probably think that a longer period without a game might cause us to forget the utter shite that has been served to us recently, and bring us back through the gates. Who knows.
ARNU

The Romford Dagger wrote:
ARNU wrote:I can understand the inconvenience if you've booked tickets etc I even give you a mild pass for that but all this moaning about minutae(That's tiny tiny detail for the less educationally adept)is tiring to say the least.Who in their right mind books tickets and hotels etc for something so in advance that may well be called off for many different reasons ? Its a well known fact that football can be moved to other dates and times for weather,policing,international duty,clashes with other games,tv scheduling etc etc etc...If we are only likely to take 50 people to Morecambe whats the fuss ?

Arnu getting train tickets 2/3 months in advance saves 60 quid or so for the long away trips.

Poor form from the club imo
I do get it,my son more than me thesedays is a victim.I remain unmoved by the argument though.We all know football gets postponed for a lot of reasons and this happens on a regular basis.Its a risk you take.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Kevin

ARNU wrote:I do get it,my son more than me thesedays is a victim.I remain unmoved by the argument though.We all know football gets postponed for a lot of reasons and this happens on a regular basis.Its a risk you take.
Weather, cup replays, etc - yep, I get it too..it is a risk you take.

The club choosing to do it..especially at this short notice, just seems a little odd to me.

Surely Boucaud being unavailable is a good thing..?!? :?
dagger4eva

Is that also the same Andre Boucard thats been getting splinters in his arse the last 2 games???