Will a win against Eric, bring us some much needed sunshine?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Cockney Byrites

My latest daggers post.
Please read if you get the chance, much appreciated.
Thanks in advance as always.
Up the Daggers!!

http:// http://wp.me/p6kGbE-5C
SUSSEX DAGGER

Some thoughts that I share some I don't.

You are right about Labadie and Dunne.

You are right about Chambers, I am not so sure he is lazy he looks scared to me. Sunday I got the impression more then once that he was more worried about getting clattered then getting on with his job. Perhaps that's why he gave you the feeling he was hiding. It looked the same at Accrington, now I am not asking him to be the bravest but sooner or later he has got to be prepared to get hurt sadly at the moment that looks his only concearn, not getting hurt.

Also agree with you about Jack, now I honestly think that these international call ups are doing him no good. He just gets back in the side and then he is off again for three games. Now it is a well appreciated fact that this league is very physical and these games that he goes to play are more about technique then strength and I often wonder is that why sometimes he looks a little lost.

One thing that has not been commented on in any area is that Sunday we had 5 players with an average age of 19. Now I Personally welcome youngsters being given a chance but the fact remains both the goals came from mistakes by one of these youngsters who has however very much looked the part. Left there Sunday thinking that if we were fortunate to keep them all play the game in a year to eighteen months time we will not be losing. Sadly we have got ourselves into a situation where we will shortly not have time to give these youngsters.

As for the FA Cup being a welcome distraction I would suggest that in our situation we do not need any distraction and altho a cup run would bring a little financial windfall we have no chance of winning it , we do however have every chance of getting out our current mess.
mickeyblue

Atm a cup run could sort our season out
It's not a welcome distraction at all as is part of every season and should be main priority.
A 3rd round tie away to a premium team could be 3 players and money in bank for next season.
but we finished 9th!
Mike the Dagger

mickeyblue wrote:Atm a cup run could sort our season out
It's not a welcome distraction at all as is part of every season and should be main priority.
A 3rd round tie away to a premium team could be 3 players and money in bank for next season.
Agreed.

Rumour has it though that the Manager and his coaching team have already booked Saturday 5th December for Christmas shopping.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Mike the Dagger wrote:
mickeyblue wrote:Atm a cup run could sort our season out
Agreed.

Rumour has it though that the Manager and his coaching team have already booked Saturday 5th December for Christmas shopping.
Thought there was a boycott of games that needed to be paid for ,or is there a number of blacklegs amongst the A FOURERS
Mike the Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:
Thought there was a boycott of games that needed to be paid for ,or is there a number of blacklegs amongst the A FOURERS
Did I say i was going? And I wasn't involved in the protest on Saturday.
IanC

Hope there's some bloody sunshine up there next Saturday while I'm hobbling around on my bleeding crutches!Can smell frankie and bennys outside station already,love it.As for the footie I think I would take an early fa cup exit for 3pts up there next week.