I see old.....

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

I see old Johny Hoofball is doing quite well in the conference,unbeaten at home,3rd in the league and comfortably sitting in a play off place with Luton.I don't think they'll win that league as Cambridge are 8 points clear or something already but it looks like they might well get in the play-offs.I wonder if they don't make it he'll be watching them from the terraces cos he's a true Hatter or something like that.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Richie

I for one hope he does get them up - Why people slate a man who did so much for us baffles me.
bearaab

Haven't you heard?...he's Judas.

I think it's because people wanted him sacked and because he left on his own terms they don't like it. They'll feed you some bullshit about him saying he'd never leave and he'd be in the stands with us. Don't think he'll be doing that while managing another team. Don't think our lot would be happy if Burnett was sneaking off to watch Huddersfield instead of managing us.
ARNU

Nice to get the armchair supporters views on it Bearaab.Not totally bullshit though is it?It will pass with time.Just the way he left was a bit nasty given all the "Im a dagger thru and thru" bollocks he fed us for so long.In essence he just bailed out with 2 minutes notice for a big pot of money and I'd say at a time when we were in the shit.All his previous achievments whilst great were tainted by his final judas like actions.If he hadn't made so many outrageous comments over the years like "Id be watching from the sieve if I wasn't manager here" he would have left us no ammunition would he.

That's not to take away from the mans clearly great capabilities as a low level manager or his achievements with Dagenham and Redbridge.Just his personal character was marred by that greedy error of judgement in my book.Should have stayed till the end of the season then gone gracefully instead.Luton would have waited they were going nowhere at the time.(Should have gone when we got relegated really but to not see the job thru was weakness mixed with a bit of spite)

Has he ever even apologised or justified his position publicly to us ? Im sure he wasn't totally comfortable about it all himself ?
Hardy1

Oh dear.

Get over it it's football. He's doing a fine job at Luton like Wayne is doing here. He got stale here and it was in everyone's interest that he moved on.

Have you ever told a partner that you love them and whatever happens you will always be friends?

Good luck to him I'll say.

And move on from bostongate while your at it.
Daggers No 2 Fan

What is it with you and wanting apologies and explanations?

His decision to go on his own terms seems to have left you bitter and angry.
Surely it's your own fault that you bought into the things he said so deeply.
ARNU

I have no strong feelings over Bostongate,wasnt really around for it.Just like Johnny Judas going,it was probably a blessing really.I doubt the Bostongate side would have stayed up for this long.

Anyway a little dig at Johnny Hoofball occasionally is a good thing.Wouldnt want him to think all is forgiven.I reckon he'd get at best a mixed/indifferent welcome if he ever came back.Id boo.
leewilson

ARNU wrote:I have no strong feelings over Bostongate,wasnt really around for it.Just like Johnny Judas going,it was probably a blessing really.I doubt the Bostongate side would have stayed up for this long.

Anyway a little dig at Johnny Hoofball occasionally is a good thing.Wouldnt want him to think all is forgiven.I reckon he'd get at best a mixed/indifferent welcome if he ever came back.Id boo.
I just don't understand how you could boo somebody who achieved two promotions and the club's most successful ever period. If it wasn't for John Still, there's a good chance we'd still be a non league club today. This judas stuff is nonsense.
Daggers No 2 Fan

leewilson wrote: If it wasn't for John Still, there's a good chance we'd still be a non league club today. This judas stuff is nonsense.
The flip side is that if it wasn't for John Still the rest of us wouldn't have been subjected to arnus nonsense. So maybe we should all boo him.
ARNU

Just think the way he left was a bit rubbish that's all.Haven't seen anyone say it was the most professional of departures either.

You know why that is don't you ? Cos it wasn't !! Any takers ??

Remember...I just had a tincy wincy dig at Sir John,a mild dig at hoofball and you all come out of the woodwork to protect the messiah.This despite my recognition that some of his work here was good in the same paragraph.I wanted him gone for maybe 2 years prior to his departure along with lump ball.He went and all of a sudden its pleasant to go and watch them again.Home and away,not just the highlights on the football league show or youtube.(You know who you are,sittin in your armchair no doubt)
Daggers No 2 Fan

There's not really much protecting of the messiah going on.
Just people pointing out your usual tired bullshit.

It's all very well you going off at others for being armchair fans. I'd prefer an armchair fan to one who has turned his back on his previous club like you did.
Phippo

ARNU wrote:Nice to get the armchair supporters views on it Bearaab.Not totally bullshit though is it?It will pass with time.Just the way he left was a bit nasty given all the "Im a dagger thru and thru" bollocks he fed us for so long.In essence he just bailed out with 2 minutes notice for a big pot of money and I'd say at a time when we were in the shit.All his previous achievments whilst great were tainted by his final judas like actions.If he hadn't made so many outrageous comments over the years like "Id be watching from the sieve if I wasn't manager here" he would have left us no ammunition would he.

That's not to take away from the mans clearly great capabilities as a low level manager or his achievements with Dagenham and Redbridge.Just his personal character was marred by that greedy error of judgement in my book.Should have stayed till the end of the season then gone gracefully instead.Luton would have waited they were going nowhere at the time.(Should have gone when we got relegated really but to not see the job thru was weakness mixed with a bit of spite)

Has he ever even apologised or justified his position publicly to us ? Im sure he wasn't totally comfortable about it all himself ?
Not much to disagree with here, but I suspect Arnu is merely attempting to "liven" up this forum! :D
ARNU

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote: I'd prefer an armchair fan to one who has turned his back on his previous club like you did.
No I didn't.I still watch West Ham occasionally,I just cant justify £60 a time anymore to watch...you guessed it...Hoofball.Anyway are you telling me you never supported anyone else but Dagenham??? And your above statement about preferring an armchair fan over one that pays to see us home and away is bollocks and you know it.You can disagree all you want with me but even you know what you just said is ridiculous.You'd prefer the opinion of someone who never bothers going spouting off rather than me who at least goes rain or shine.I'd rather argue to the death with the likes of Adrian or Lee Wilson at least they're there what ever shite is being dished up.
rechitski kinzhal

For me I hope they stay in the conference because I just think of all the clubs who deserve to be in the league, Luton are not one of them. They broke rule after rule after rule for years, and according to clear FL regulations should have been thrown out ...... but they were given all the chances to remain a league club. But I have never heard one comment from a Luton official or fan that ever recognised that they deserved a punishment ( there were at least one or two Boston fans who admitted the truth about their club).
They still bleat on at every opportunity about how badly they were treated. And how do they behave now ..... well their dealings with us over JS were little more than cheating us.
The atmosphere at The stadium and in the town is the worst I have ever encountered. The view from the away end appalling and expensive.
I would love to see their club just fade away, and as for who is their manager (and half their team), well it is of no consequence to me. I don't lose any sleep over them ..... But there are a lot of conf clubs I would rather see get promoted.
ARNU

rechitski kinzhal wrote:For me I hope they stay in the conference because I just think of all the clubs who deserve to be in the league, Luton are not one of them. They broke rule after rule after rule for years, and according to clear FL regulations should have been thrown out ...... but they were given all the chances to remain a league club. But I have never heard one comment from a Luton official or fan that ever recognised that they deserved a punishment ( there were at least one or two Boston fans who admitted the truth about their club).
They still bleat on at every opportunity about how badly they were treated. And how do they behave now ..... well their dealings with us over JS were little more than cheating us.
The atmosphere at The stadium and in the town is the worst I have ever encountered. The view from the away end appalling and expensive.
I would love to see their club just fade away, and as for who is their manager (and half their team), well it is of no consequence to me. I don't lose any sleep over them ..... But there are a lot of conf clubs I would rather see get promoted.
Set aside the fact that Johnny judas is in charge,I cant stand them.For exactly the same reasons rechitski kinzhal.Their fans are hooligans,their ground a shithole and they should be allowed to go out of business.Same with Portsmouth.