time for a change

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Newbury Park Mick

enough is enough - leadership comes from the top - Steve Thompson Dave Bennett & Wayne to all go now
Diggerthedog

Newbury Park Mick wrote:enough is enough - leadership comes from the top - Steve Thompson Dave Bennett & Wayne to all go now
Too late we are gonners already. Should have been done pre-season.
admin
Site Admin

Not sure if that's fair on the board but Burnett has to go and board need to have backbone to do it now. Our club is in crisis now. The ones that are hurting the most are the loyal fans
Dagdale

Anybody in their right frame of my mind would automatically know that if you lose four of your best players pre season you're doomed from the off and our defence to midfield since the season began is far worse than what you would see in the National League and well below par I've seen since supporting DRFC. Ogogu was going to go whatever happened but the other three could have been persuaded to stay, board should have pulled out the stops to keep them and the money its going to lose the club if we sink would be astronomical. 5.000 miles away, angry and feel like running into that hurricane!
Last edited by Dagdale on Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davei

Admin, after the dismal past couple of years when all could see the problems, the board chose to give this guy a 2 year contract. The decision to let Wayne go will be based on perfromance, the boards decision to give him a 2 year extension, is/was clearly very, very, very bad performance. They have to go as well.
admin
Site Admin

davei wrote:Admin, after the dismal past couple of years when all could see the problems, the board chose to give this guy a 2 year contract. The decision to let Wayne go will be based on perfromance, the boards decision to give him a 2 year extension, is/was clearly very, very, very bad performance. They have to go as well.
All valid, but I always look at the postives that the board have done for this club and how the club would change with different board members. In terms of whether or not the board should go, I'm indifferent as I can see pros and cons to it. But one thing we both can agree on is, Burnett simply isn't the right man for the job.
Pondfield Dagger

yep defo time for a change... lets follow newport , look at them now, two very impressive wins in a row....

i don't reckon we have the bottom budget this year either...justin hoyte 30 years of age never in his entire career has he played below the championship division (not even on loan), how has he come here, hardly burnett's presence lol.....kerching...
admin
Site Admin

Say what you like about Burnett but I think we need to change him for a number of reasons. It will be best for long term future of this club
Kevin

admin wrote:Say what you like about Burnett ..
Wayne Burnett cannot motivate lower league players, whilst remaining in a job which requires him to do exactly that.
CheathDagger

Pondfield Dagger wrote:yep defo time for a change... lets follow newport , look at them now, two very impressive wins in a row....

i don't reckon we have the bottom budget this year either...justin hoyte 30 years of age never in his entire career has he played below the championship division (not even on loan), how has he come here, hardly burnett's presence lol.....kerching...
was told we have the lowest annual wage in football league and prob lower than alot of non league clubs too.

highest paid player on £800/wk apparently, how can we hope to compete with the likes of pompey/luton/notts county etc in this division.

will do well to finish place above relegation, esp after this awful start.

as for the board/manager, both are the problem, one not working the other not strong enough to act.